• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebug Buffs

Firebug Buffs

• 120 of Fuel.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Add an extra clip to the flame

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Colorless

Jan 20, 2011
Seeing as some people complain about Firebug being weak i wondered what people would think of this simple buffs,So i suggest instead of having 100 of "fuel"(without bonuses) they have 125 with a level 6 FB in total it would be 200 of fuel or instead of having only 3 clips or tanks they have 4 and if you could choose either of those what would you choose and why?

Last edited:
Reactions: sverek
Use weapon wisely.
If you give noobs 9999999999 moneys at start, give them all weapons and unlimited ammo, they still gonna fail.

I play Killing floor since release (15May 2009) and I say Firebug is OVERPOWERED class. I myself realized it not that long ago. But if you think little bit (instead of panicking and holding mouse1) how to make best usage of ammo and maximum damage, you'll realize same.

There no really spam classes in KF, even good Commando switching to semi-auto mode to carefully use ammo.

I think you people should just stop posting on forums and actually play Killing Floor.

/Thread.

Upvote 0
Fire bug is one of my favorite class but it don't need a buff. It needs 3 weapons just like medic does. If you need extra gas tanks just buy lots of flamethrowers they are less than 200 bucks. Buy wave 10 the you should have 10 flamers all over the map. I suggest you keep 1 or 2 out of sight so some jack *** don't sell them just because they see them.

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
back on topic: there is a point there, a firebug buff is not necessarily ammo. For example, one of my favorites is for stuff on fire to take more damage from teammates. And then, of course, there should always be a "no thanks to any" option. I would love to hear why the OP thinks it should be limited to ammo, though; to be honest it seems kind of interesting, this firebug stuff. Too bad it's one of my two least played perks:p

Upvote 0
Yeah, I agree that people can play games way too much. I make sure to play a bit of music, see friends and all that sort of gear so I'm not immersed in the computer the whole time. But, this is not a thread designed for us to get into an arguement, it's to either say you'd rather add ore fuel per canistar or add more canistars. I voted more fuel, but I only voted that because there wasn't a don't add htis option. People need to conserve ammo as has being mentioned, we don't want flames spammed everywhere.

Upvote 0
As for my main class being firebug i think they are just fine all you really have do i just tap left click i know it hard to think but trust it will pay out the long so you run out ammo in the middle of a wave.
Simply Said trying to help your self and trying to burn enemies without using the fuel is almost impossible at least if we a bit more fuel people would start using FB more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In my opinion the once skill demanding Berserker has been turned into a easy mode, no brainer perk. Please don't do the same to my beloved Firebug.

I would explain that point of view but I'm sure everyone is getting tired of my Firebug rants ;)
I understand but adding one more clip or more fuel is not that big of a buff not like the huge buff that Zerk got.

Upvote 0
I would enjoy any buff for the firebug (and one for the medic too, my favorite classes:cool:).

Based on the ones you provide I would prefer an extra fuel tank. Theres great methods out there for conserving ammo for the firebug, but these onlywork to their full potential when your team is running at optimum capacity. Sometimes crap hits the fan (or my team just blows) and I have to plow the road with my flamethrower to make an escape route. In these situations you can't just puff the crowd with small dabs of flame and wait for them to burn, you need to get out NOW. Its times like these I find the ammo supply lacking.

Thats all I ask. One more fuel tank.

Upvote 0
Another "buff" that could be done is letting the Flamethrower only weigh 8 (down from 10). That would make the Firebug more versatile and flexible in his loadout :rolleyes: (You could also carry a Bullpup, AK or LAR with it for example)

When I play firebug, I don't carry the mac 10 since it doesn't help me level up that much. I prefer the katana as my secondary, it makes the class a little more versatile. But I would much prefer to carry a FIRE axe instead :D.

I'm not sure making the flamethrower lighter would really be a big deal. They could just increase the cost of it off perk to balance it out.

Upvote 0
I understand but adding one more clip or more fuel is not that big of a buff not like the huge buff that Zerk got.

Dunno if you noticed dude, but there is a HUGE debate at the moment that the Berserker is overpowered. I perosnally feel he has been pushed too far the other way.

In terms of why 1 more tank shouldn't be added is for this 1 reason. Having too much ammo for the Firebug encourages very sloppy play, pretty much like the Zerker is now and the Sharpshooter used to be.

I tried the flamethrower in WTF mod (which gave it more ammo) and it was ludicrously boring cause you just mindlessly hosed down everything in sight with no fear of runing out of ammo. Firebugs who frequently use continous spray are not using the perk as it is intended, and they get punishing accordingly with ammo. Plus they also block their teammates view with constant strings of flame.
The class is all about using damage over time to your advantage and spraying down when needed. This is what makes the class interesting and fun.

So while I appreciate the train of thought, I would truly hate to see this change to the Firebug because it would ruin his position in the game, very much like the Berserker is doing now :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dunno if you noticed dude, but there is a HUGE debate at the moment that the Berserker is overpowered. I perosnally feel he has been pushed too far the other way.

In terms of why 1 more tank shouldn't be added is for this 1 reason. Having too much ammo for the Firebug encourages very sloppy play, pretty much like the Zerker is now and the Sharpshooter used to be.

I tried the flamethrower in WTF mod (which gave it more ammo) and it was ludicrously boring cause you just mindlessly hosed down everything in sight with no fear of runing out of ammo. Firebugs who frequently use continous spray are not using the perk as it is intended, and they get punishing accordingly with ammo. Plus they also block their teammates view with constant strings of flame.
The class is all about using damage over time to your advantage and spraying down when needed. This is what makes the class interesting and fun.

So while I appreciate the train of thought, I would truly hate to see this change to the Firebug because it would ruin his position in the game, very much like the Berserker is doing now :)
I think I've played the Mod you mentioned but anyway the thing is that Firebug need to be more practical and useful in more situations in some of them you need to burn everything to survive and even if you try to save up fuel one will almost run out or run out in Suicidal and I'm not talking about 5 or 6 just 1 more.

Upvote 0