• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

Using the T-60 on Hedgehog to run over about 5 guys in a row before then proceeding to massacre more Germans with the autocannon and coaxial.

Various large-scale battles on Kaukasus. Me and about 4 other guys were holding Shepherd's House for the whole round as Axis flankers attempted to get through the path. This was when RO first came out and I don't see as many people go to Shepherd's House anymore.

Using satchels to suicide bomb German tanks on Leningrad :eek:

Upvote 0
Krasnyi Oktyabr, in the small cabin where the germans always are in the garage. As russian smg with PPD-40. Me and another guy are ready to shoot anyone who opens the door to the hallway but no one decides to enter even though there are germans in the hallway. So with the cover of my teammate I slowly go to the door untill I'm in reach of opening it. But suddenly a german opens it, I quickly kill him, I move back abit, another german shows in the doorstep and I kill him too. Now I figured there aren't that many germans in the hallway anymore so I slowly go to the door, lean around it and see 2 germans. They start shooting at me so I quickly shoot some bullets at them too and get cover. Miraculously I killed them both.

Also once in Zhitomir the germans won with 0 seconds left. I think the game said "allies won" *german cap sound* "axis won". Everyone was confused to what happend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i was playing on Danzig as a german rifleman, got out of the spawn point and headed towards the abandoned Hanomag (static mesh) covering the "tunnel" that leads from the bridgehead to the command center.
i hadn't made it halfway to the command center when, from a bunch of ruins a soviet soldier using some sort of automatic weapon shot my kar98k off of my hand, knowing that trying to pick the karabiner up would mean certain death i kept on running towards yet another abandoned Hanomag (static mesh) on the middle of the road, as the tracers bounced all around me i suddenly realized that help wouldn't come in time... and that i still had 2 grenades!
so i tossed one at the ruins from where the shots came, and filled him with shrapnel.
i went back a few steps, picked up my rifle and kept on fighting.

Upvote 0
A few days ago:
[url]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7003/aaaawz.png[/URL]

5 russians were stabbed in Smolenskstalemate radio bunker. Two of them didn't see me, but I killed the other 3 guys in a face-to-face combat(one bolt, one semi and one assault).

I felt good. :D
This happened to me these days. A german stabbed me and a lot of guys in the same place you did. When I saw your post I thought you were the guy :D

Upvote 0
A few for me was being killed by a tank round that bounced off a tiger and hit me. The other was being on the roof of the admin building in Stalingrad Kessel and in North rail a german and a russian are both out of ammo and were running in circles trying to stab each other. They were dancing around for at least 15 seconds when a single random arty killed them both.. classic! The best part was my comrade on the roof with me watched it too and we died laughing.

Another great moment is anytime I kill Captain Idiot.. :D

Upvote 0
Would probably have to be when I was playing the Arad real forests map. I had just come back from afk while hiding in the south field forest to see we were losing it very quickly. There was a total of 4 German tanks in the field, some of which were moving out of range/line of sight. Using my trusty PTRD I was able to take out all 4 German tanks and prevent capture of the south field.

Upvote 0
I think my worst TK has to be a few years back on Festung Kurland. We were Geramns defending the village and I was on the AT gun at the end of town. I was shooting Russian tanks trying to enter the street at the other end by the Church. A tank came into view and at the exact moment I fired a German HT came around the left building and BOOM! Needless to say the HT was completly full.

Upvote 0
Best moment was probably on that map with the Kariskna(sp?) apartments and the churchyard. I was the Russians and was working on recapping the second set of apartments. I started by going through basement, which wasn't a minefield yet, and coming out on the far side. I PPSHed one german and then had a distance battle with a bolt, by some stroke of fate I won.

Using this break, I flanked and became the terror of the apartments, clearing them out and getting around 10 or 12 kills with the ppsh. The next german I ran into, I ran out of ammo on. I frantically threw a grenade and fled into the next room. The grenade killed him.

I went back into the hallway and picked up his mp40. I then proceeded to kill 2 more germans with the stolen weapon. On the 3rd german I ran out of ammo again, it turns out that I had messed up on the mag pickup. So I sprinted into the next room and grabbed a kar98 of of a dead german, managing to get the ammo pack this time. As I turn back towards the door, he enters and I hipshot him.

Now I realize that I am behind enemy lines, as my teamates had lost churchyard. I walk to the back door with my bolt and shoot 3 or 4 germans in the back from the hallway before getting mowed down by an smg.

The funniest moment was probably on the trench map. We had just started and had rushed up to defend our trenches from the oncoming germans. after firing a couple of rounds from my Moisen, our SL comes up and empties half an smg mag into my back.

Im siting there like wtf? when i see "FIGHT HARDER DUCTAPE!!!!!!" come up on the chat from Komissar something. I bust up laughing.

This keeps happening every so often for the first couple caps with constant messages of "FIGHT HARDER!!" appearing. One time, someone mentions that tking is counterproductive only for the response
"NO ITS NOT"
"IT MAKES YOU FIGHT HARDER!!!!!!!"

Upvote 0
Somewhat recent one...

Playing Krivoi Rog (hate the map but whatever), getting the Tiger, driving it all the way to the edge of the map opposite where most of the Russian tanks were coming out of and engaging the Germans (near the weird cliff things in the middle of the map). I used up literally all my rounds and killed between 25 and 30 Ruskie tanks before they finally managed to track me and then overwhelm me (since I was outta ammo). (keep in mind I was firing off in the distance at them at like 1700 meters or so, so I had them dialed in more or less as each new one would appear while they couldn't get me dialed in before getting whacked... leading to probably at least a hundred rounds fired at me but very few hitting (and the ones that did bouncing off).

It was just extremely satisfying to see my rounds curve gently through the sky and land right on top of an enemy tank :D. The distance was so huge I could easily follow the shells. So yeah, that was pretty sweet. And normally I hate tanking.

Upvote 0
Best moment was probably on that map with the Kariskna(sp?) apartments and the churchyard. I was the Russians and was working on recapping the second set of apartments. I started by going through basement, which wasn't a minefield yet, and coming out on the far side. I PPSHed one german and then had a distance battle with a bolt, by some stroke of fate I won.

Using this break, I flanked and became the terror of the apartments, clearing them out and getting around 10 or 12 kills with the ppsh. The next german I ran into, I ran out of ammo on. I frantically threw a grenade and fled into the next room. The grenade killed him.

I went back into the hallway and picked up his mp40. I then proceeded to kill 2 more germans with the stolen weapon. On the 3rd german I ran out of ammo again, it turns out that I had messed up on the mag pickup. So I sprinted into the next room and grabbed a kar98 of of a dead german, managing to get the ammo pack this time. As I turn back towards the door, he enters and I hipshot him.

Now I realize that I am behind enemy lines, as my teamates had lost churchyard. I walk to the back door with my bolt and shoot 3 or 4 germans in the back from the hallway before getting mowed down by an smg.

The funniest moment was probably on the trench map. We had just started and had rushed up to defend our trenches from the oncoming germans. after firing a couple of rounds from my Moisen, our SL comes up and empties half an smg mag into my back.

Im siting there like wtf? when i see "FIGHT HARDER DUCTAPE!!!!!!" come up on the chat from Komissar something. I bust up laughing.

This keeps happening every so often for the first couple caps with constant messages of "FIGHT HARDER!!" appearing. One time, someone mentions that tking is counterproductive only for the response
"NO ITS NOT"
"IT MAKES YOU FIGHT HARDER!!!!!!!"
Ah yes, players never cover each other nor pay attention when enemies are around, its the classic error for RO players, making ppl like you pwn them.

Upvote 0