• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolt action balance

Because I don't share your views and take offence to your insults?

I deleted that, because I thought it was out of line and not really helpful to the thread. You caught it early.

And again

How stupid are you? Do you even know how to read? Get it to your skull that i dont mind you disagreeing with me. It has nothing to do with your views on the games. Stop trying to turn it around and make yourself the victim, seriously.

If you had read carefully, you will notice me saying that you were being disrespectful, several times. Not that it really matters anymore now, since I clearly have dropped down to your level.

THAT is your problem. And maybe the fact that you ask the same stupid question over and over again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While I personally see riflemen having some uses, I do agree with the OP.

In virtually all footage the SMG seems to be dominating.

I think it's also because of how fast the movement seems to be, and the fact that a weapon is ready to fire almost instantly after sprinting.

yeah its worrying me more and more, and the speed with which you can vault over a fence etc.. ..
i feel like the battles are going to become frantic sprinting matches where there is no clear "front" no defended invisible wall made up of a random assortment of cover that creates a heavily defensible location... if you can just fly around the map...

Upvote 0
I do not see this as much of a problem tbh. Most of the videos shot are urban areas or inside buildings.

If they we're outside then they would be killed a lot more by glorious rifles.
But then on the other hand in urban only maps I can see the bolt action rifle being at a disadvantage, which can also be an advantage as any self respecting marksman would get that one shot one kill to the chest or head in a CQB situation, even if you don't at least its a learning experience for your next encounter or just use the bayonet.

Upvote 0
Bumping. I've just played a territory round in realistic mode with 32 players. Absolutely nobody on the axis side was using a bolt-action rifle. This must be fixed.

Been playing the beta for 21 hours now. Very rarely do I ever see anyone on Axis actually using a bolt-action rifle. I don't see why they would either, not when the mp40 acts like a bloody laser-gun.

Upvote 0
i've clocked about 20 hours on the beta and used semi-auto rifle for the first time today.

WHAT THE DERPING DERPA IS THAT DERPA DERP ? it's like an SMG with no recoil combined with the power and accuracy of a bolt action rifle.

i then realised that squad leader and commander can also choose semi-auto rifle.

fair enough semi-auto rifle was an awesome weapon... but it's such a braindead nub cannon, it makes bolt action totally obsolete and pathetic.

there needs to be some kind of realistic ratio in place at least.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i've clocked about 20 hours on the beta and used semi-auto rifle for the first time today.

WHAT THE DERPING DERPA IS THAT DERPA DERP ? it's like an SMG with no recoil combined with the power and accuracy of a bolt action rifle.

i then realised that squad leader and commander can also choose semi-auto rifle.

fair enough semi-auto rifle was an awesome weapon... but it's such a braindead nub cannon, it makes bolt action totally obsolete and pathetic.

there needs to be some kind of realistic ratio in place at least.

The semi auto is very powerful, but I've hit people with it twice and have them survive. Don't have any idea how they did either.

Upvote 0
It's just that pretty much every map facilitates every other gun except for the standard rifles (except grumshak). Most of the fighting occurs within 60 meters and the SMGs are dead on up to that range. Not to mention that the rifles are completely helpless at close quarters inside buildings and such.

Upvote 0