• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New character pack

Its because they would have to make the new models, re animate all the weapons first person & third person movements and all that, + record all the voices again and it would be a lot of work, and they are working hard on RO2.

I would like some more characters though, maybe after RO2 is done. :)

While not all these have the same priority of difficulty, this pretty much sums up the problems with a female character pack.

Upvote 0
Using the "but that would mean the devs would have to put in extra effort" is a very sad excuse to see, to not have any female chars and only make lazy DLC. Asthetically, female characters is something this game is missing.

Some big tits and a female voice is always entertaining.

PS: Know this is an older thread but, I needed to say something.

Upvote 0
Addressing a long standing issue that may have been overlooked.

Killing floor lacks any female characters. Why not a Femme Fatale pack. A bunch of iron cored women shooting zeds with the men.

There could be a rosie the welder type for sure.
Basically what you're saying is for these to be completely done from scratch:
1.) Models
2.) Textures
3.) Sounds
4.) First AND third person animations
5.) Atleast two different voice packs (male have two/three)

Isn't this a tad too much for them to do let alone what they already do? To be honest why can't we grab a few modders to do this and maybe show TWI our creations instead of nagging at them to give us female characters. It's their game and they give us what they can/want lol. A tad harsh saying it that way but to be honest they have a huge amount to do that we probably don't know about.

Upvote 0
But it's extra effort that could easily be put into something more worthwhile, like actually improving the gameplay. Female skins would be completely unnecessary, and in my opinion, a waste of time and money.

[youtube]pWdd6_ZxX8c[/youtube]

This isn't a choice between female characters or gameplay, and the same arguments can be made vice versa, so it's somewhat a pretty redundant point. I don't understand this preconception that it's either one thing or the other. I'm sure tripwire obviously has different "departments" which handle different aspects.

It's only one request amongst hundreds. You should leave the money issues and work time with tripwire -- unless you actually work close with them and/or have some insight -- and let them decide. Obviously, this isn't something that hasn't already crossed the developer's minds. And, obviously, thus far they have decided not to add female characters. With enough demand, they may reconsider.

Giving the devs excuses not to make things and promoting a relaxed attitude is neither good for the players or tripwire. They make games, it's what they do, taking the easy option every time is NOT (not really) improving anything for anyone in the big picture.

Upvote 0