• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PBBans supports Red Orchestra 2

Upvote 0
that doesnt mean some servers wont use it

I want access to all servers , if a server has an issue with me they can ban me themselves for any reason they see fit.

your ****ty software is not the all seeing eye that decides whether or not a player has access to potentially thousands of servers

Again, We did not make the software, Even Balance did. We only utilize the UCON for streaming servers. lol

Upvote 0
this is untrue and there is quite literally a ton of evidence that says otherwise.

for example a person was banned because he had his mp3 player plugged into his computer , as that was the only "unusual" thing he was doing other than playing the game.

ive played with thousands over the years
and they have no problem other than needing to update their PB , a firewall, or a Cvar setting

for you to take some random thing from the net and say "look its real !!" is just stupid. niot everything u read on the net is real. and when u take in the fact that most of these players are banned cheaters that just say whatever they want to say your whole argument falls apart

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just so this thread does not get out of hand, you should post your thoughts on our forums over at [url]http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php[/URL] and let us know how you feel. Then you can get a lot more feedback from our members there.
nearly every thread reporting false positives are not even adressed

you really need to quit the charade , thousands of gamers are unable to access a great amount of servers because of you program.

its public knowledge and i could care less how many little fanboys you have on your personal forum

a simple google search of your rampant false positives and terrible handling of the situations is proof enough for it not to be suitable for red orchestra.

Upvote 0
You're not making sense here. First, you say that having PB is fine as you stated here:

In this case punkbuster signed on with tripwire and this is fine , what is not fine is making a 3rd party program that blacklists players without any permission from the developers of the game or even punkbuster in general.

Now you are bashing it because we use it to stream servers.

Make up my mind. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Question. If there ever happens to be a time where I might want to play on a server with Punk Buster turned on, how does installing and then uninstalling PB work. Is it like any other software that easily removes itself, and then can be reinstalled later if necessary? Maybe someone can give me some input on how that part of the software works.

Upvote 0
Question. If there ever happens to be a time where I might want to play on a server with Punk Buster turned on, how does installing and then uninstalling PB work. Is it like any other software that easily removes itself, and then can be reinstalled later if necessary? Maybe someone can give me some input on how that part of the software works.
its basically a virus that views everything going onto you computer

Upvote 0

You can install/uninstall anytime you want by using this tool here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

Direct Download Here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Reactions: HellBilly
Upvote 0
No, I didn't miss that part. I'm not ashamed to say I didn't fully understand what that meant, to be honest, so excuse me for sounding dense. What does this have to do with PB needing to be running all the time at the system level (like, when I'm not even playing games.. let alone one that doesnt even use PB)? Can they not code their product to work without being so deeply embedded/invasive?

its required for "games for windows"

This is what I originally thought it meant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never have a problem with cheaters in tf2. Cheaters rarely join the servers i am on, when they do, they get banned rather quickly. Its really that simple. If you have an active and mature community, the server is probably going to be halfway full of regulars, and probably half of those are mature enough to be given the power to kick people and probably half of those are going to be mature enough to be given the power to ban people. The chances are low that no one that is on a populated community based server is not going to at the very least be able to kick a cheater, if not ban them outright. And if you don't like those chances, just act like an adult so that the community leaders can trust you with the power to kick or ban someone from the server, and you will never have to worry about it being on the server and having your fun ruined by a cheater.

Also, outside of competitive leagues and matches, its not relevant that someone is cheating if it is not blatant. Because if it is not blatant, it should not be impeding other people's ability to enjoy the game.

Upvote 0
No, I didn't miss that part. I'm not ashamed to say I didn't fully understand what that meant, to be honest, so excuse me for sounding dense. What does this have to do with PB needing to be running all the time at the system level (like, when I'm not even playing games.. let alone one that doesnt even use PB)? Can they not code their product to work without being so deeply embedded/invasive?

This is what I originally thought it meant.

That is something you are going to have to ask them. They are the makers of their software. We only use the UCON part of it.

Upvote 0
Hm, okay, well thanks for your efforts towards answering my questions.

I'm not trying to be hardheaded but you refer to this in your last post -

This is necessary due to new Microsoft requirements for gaming under Windows.

Were you just throwing that out there without actually knowing what it means, or do you have some sort of understanding of these 'requirements'? If so, please share.

And again, I appreciate the mission. I'm all for squashing the cheaters.. but I'm on the fence about a piece of software that runs all the time on my computer and monitors what I install on my PC (I would imagine it reports back to somewhere) and then, in addition, entering a situation where a third-party of appointed vigilantes has the power to render my $40 dollar investment useless, especially when I don't have the know-how to properly defend myself in the event of a false positive. Add that to plenty of instances on the web about innocent people being caught in the net, and just how close to impossible it is to rectify certain situations.

Now, I understand the other side. 'Hey man, if you're not a cheater then don't worry about it. What's the problem as long as you aren't a cheater' and honestly, that isnt an acceptable angle for me in light of the whole constantly running, not being able to defend myself thing.

I'm aware no one is forcing me to use PB, however I am in a clan and even aside from clan matches (which I'm sure will require PB) I'm pretty positive there will be a time when I'm forced to use PB, my opinion being after a time the population will settle to a certain number of servers and those servers will run PB and Relaxed Realism (but RR is neither here nor there). That's sort of why I asked if I can just uninstall the damn thing when I'm not using it.

I'm posting all of this cause I have what I feel are legitimate questions, and I don't want to come across like I'm trying to give you a hard time unnecessarily.

At this point I think I'm going to try and stick to servers with good admins running VAC only as it's always been sufficient for RO1 (I don't know what kind of choices I'll have, but hopefully I'll have a few). The reason for this is because the gameplay in RO is such that unless a player has a hack that allows him to either shoot through walls or never miss a shot, then any other type of hack doesnt really help much. I don't really care if a player can see me through walls or have me on some kind of radar because the bottom line is.. he still has to kill me, and that's easier said than done. If a guy is running a hack that makes it so he never misses or can shoot through walls, then an admin will catch that sort of thing really quick.

Upvote 0