• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News from the Crosshairs interview

I'm worried about whole upgrade thing
PPSH41 was able to fire single shots from the start why upgrade ? and 35 round "banana" clip was introduced later as better option. So it is reversed. Looks like a big leap towards COD crowd. I can see adding German guns or side arms or camouflage on guns for heroes etc. but right now it doesn't sound good :(

Upvote 0
I'm worried about whole upgrade thing
PPSH41 was able to fire single shots from the start why upgrade ? and 35 round "banana" clip was introduced later as better option. So it is reversed. Looks like a big leap towards COD crowd. I can see adding German guns or side arms or camouflage on guns for heroes etc. but right now it doesn't sound good :(

Don't worry, there won't be any Red dot/ACOG sights.

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
Don't worry, there won't be any Red dot/ACOG sights.
Who knows mate after AVS and Mkb42 nothing is certain
27.jpg

Upvote 0
Was there any mention of how the voice coms will work? Specifically, will there be a Squad channel? That would really fix the whole "grenade" yelling issue on pub servers, since 3D VoIP isn't in, and shut us up.

Depends on the size of squads and how far members of a squad can be seperated. Next to that for grenade yelling you need to know where it is comming from (spatial audio imaging). Local 3d voip is primarily of importance for friendlies within around a 20 meter radius.

If within a squad members can be seperated more than 20 meters from each other, local 3d voip will definitely bring advantages in the ease of communication and teamwork.

Upvote 0
its the gameplay that is most important . & I'm willing to fudge a little bit on historical realism
if its for the balance of gameplay , thats what keeps games alive , If the gameplay is fun fresh & exciting you wont notice or be bothered by details , ever since the mod I have never seen the devs make a really bad decision , & all throughout people wanted more weapons
I used to think I wanted total realism until I tried games like ArmA2 , maybe Im to old but I found , a million keybindings for everything , long travel times & super realism just not as fun as I thought it would be , I cant complain about a weapon that has been realistically modeled
with proper ballistics & details , Im just going to enjoy & be impressed with the work that they do like no other has been able to do before.

Upvote 0
Sorry for your loss John.

I get the feeling some of that rage was directed at me for starting the 3d voip discussion here. I made my original post as a list of two new features I remembered and my opinions on them. I had no knowledge of the fallout that would cause, if I did before hand I wouldn't have mentioned it here. I wont lie and say that crewed loader and 3d voip arn't "pets" of mine, I'd love to see them ingame.

Discussion/Arguments aside, yes you guys have spent lots of time and effort on giving us info and sneak peaks and I thank you for that.

I think everyone can agree that we are very gratefull for the good relations between the community and development team. ( relations which usually fall appart due to the reasons we are seeing here ). Many including myself were first to critique the first small things we dident like, instead of mention the many others we did. So let me say this.

The cast was great, even with all the technical difficulties you had me ( and probably others) on the edge of our seats eating up your descriptions both theoretical and nuts and bolts. I was really liked the description of the penetration, the cover system sounds beautiful, and the overall feel of the combat seems to have taken a large step of improvement from the ROOST days. I actually thought for a bit listening there, what RO3 will be like, considering the improvment in this first iteration, both in manpower and end product. I thoroughly enjoyed and am awaiting the next press interview or release.

- URRAAH!:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting the link here.

I had planned on talking to Sam the day he returned, he ended up skyping me Saturday night, from a hotel he stopped at to rest - he was too weary to make the drive home in one shot.

As you can tell from the write-up, he's pretty excited about this game. Even in his fatigued state, it was easy to hear in his voice as he described details of his game-play experience (within NDA bounds, of course - he is an honorable man.)

Sam's an long time gamer, he's pretty much seen it all. For him to be concerned that he'll come off as a 'fanboi' with his assessment of the game in its current state says much to me: I don't think we are getting a view through rose colored glasses with him. If anything, based on what I know of Sam, I expect it to be more like a beauty queen described only as 'pretty good looking'! Once in our hands, I think our expectations may well be exceeded.

Sam also expressed his great pleasure at meeting the TWI staff members. He was most impressed with the hospitality, friendliness, and openness of all.

Look for more updates in text form from Sam soon, and an edited cast for your listening pleasure.

Rob

Upvote 0
Great read! I actually cought myself giggling half way through with excitement (followed by some deep, gruff, manly laughter)
Nice cover.

But seriously this is all amazing news coming from Sam. I've been listening to Crosshairs for a really long time and I have noticed that Sam tends to understate things and really present a conservative opinion on stuff, just like HeyCarnut said. Hearing him talk THAT excitedly about this game is a pretty big deal ...

Of course, part of me wishes he never went and played it just so the wait would be less painful lol ... its this kind of stuff that makes it super hard to wait for the game -- especially when its been on my radar for 2 years now.

Upvote 0