• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hunting Shotgun Ammo Ridiculously Expensive

Rak

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
D
Hello all,

As a dedicated MG in RO, I like the Support class best in KF. I'm now a level 3 Support(on the edge of 4 though). I like being able to take both Shotgun and Hunting Shotgun at the same time as the sheer firepower can save my group in hairy situations.

What I have a problem with is, the price of the HS ammo. They cost 25

Last edited:
It's the same way with the Crossbow, it's ammo costing $15 a bolt! More than 6 shots ($90) being refilled means it's cheaper to sell the Crossbow for $300 and buy a new, fully-filled one for $400 for a net cost of only $100!

I can understand trying to make the ammo 'expensive' for these weapons, especially the Hunting Shotgun, but when you can so easily sell and rebuy a full weapon for cheaper than an ammo refill, there's a problem...

Easy fix is to make 'em only have a tiny bit of ammo when bought, requiring the player to then either buy ammo or find ammo boxes...

Upvote 0
You don't need to buy ammo for hs, just drop hs and pick it up.

It's the same way with the Crossbow, it's ammo costing $15 a bolt! More than 6 shots ($90) being refilled means it's cheaper to sell the Crossbow for $300 and buy a new, fully-filled one for $400 for a net cost of only $100!

I can understand trying to make the ammo 'expensive' for these weapons, especially the Hunting Shotgun, but when you can so easily sell and rebuy a full weapon for cheaper than an ammo refill, there's a problem...

Easy fix is to make 'em only have a tiny bit of ammo when bought, requiring the player to then either buy ammo or find ammo boxes...

Why buy arrows if you can pick em up and use again.

Upvote 0
This is just a mistake on devs' part, it happens constantly in new games and should definetely be fixed.

It isn't "smart" to realise that selling a weapon and buying new one instead of refilling ammo is more profitable, it's just a nuisance and doesn't make any sense

It is similar to the exploit when people used to keep changing perks and buying/selling weapons to gain profit (selling a weapon gave more money than buying it), until '1 perk change per wave' was implemented.

Upvote 0