• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between that and the Call of Orchestra video is the insanely fast movement and unrealistic turn-on-a-dime running mechanics of RO2. At least the raping with the PPSH is being done at a pace that makes sense ... you don't see him bounding up stairs like a freaking Olympic athlete and insta scoping after instant 180 degree turns ...

Upvote 0
Do you have anything to substantiate this or is this just what you ~believe~?
Basically using common sense.

Why would TWI not do the best they can in order to better the game that they have been wanting to make since the time they got together as a mod group?
Isn't that what BETA is for?
Yes, ideally. But software development is not always ideal due to unforeseen problems, time constraints and financial limitations.

Upvote 0
The difference between that and the Call of Orchestra video is the insanely fast movement and unrealistic turn-on-a-dime running mechanics of RO2. At least the raping with the PPSH is being done at a pace that makes sense ... you don't see him bounding up stairs like a freaking Olympic athlete and insta scoping after instant 180 degree turns ...
True, but you can still bound up stairs, and insta scope with the PPSH and the MP40 in HoS, the MKB isn't alone in this instance, and this thread is about the MKB. (and svt.)
Its the game that's too fast, not the weapons.
Slow down the player movement, to as you say, a pace that make sense,and you will still have MKB,PPSH, and MP41 raping, but it won't look and feel like CoD, it will feel like RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the support guys, I was honestly expecting to get a ban for this. Also that rumor about the Steam forum dev post is true, I was linked to it a few days ago. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I'm not one for starting rumors. Stupid me -- right dev, right post, wrong forum! Thanks, Reddog, for showing the unfaithful that I am not a liar or rumormonger! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On that bombshell, I guess the mkb42 availability won't change and who knows how many other features will change over time. Is there still a Hero feature planned that randomly selects one hero candidate per round? I would think, if there are no hero weapons anymore theres no real point in a hero character anymore, perhaps for the team to have less supression and more moral but it's not like people will notice that. The game is still called heroes of stalingrad though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On that bombshell, I guess the mkb42 availability won't change and who knows how many other features will change over time. Is there still a Hero feature planned that randomly selects one hero candidate per round?

That would REALLY frost my behind. Imagine, now, all the assault class has Mkb(42)'s, all the SL's & the CO & engineers have MP40's, THEN you add to all that some super-soldier with a souped-up Mkb(42)? Not the game we were sold on, or told people to buy because it was "realistic" and not like COD or BFBC2.

Upvote 0
I wish now that the game has been released that they would fully explain the whole hero/veteran status such as related to the unlocks and rare weapons IN DETAIL, as the current system is still badly bugged. I also want to know about your avatar "looking" more veteran.

I would also like to know more about it ... there should be an option which shows how your more experienced avatar looks like ...

Upvote 0
I don't like Spetsnaz vs. Uebernazi battles either...class limit as a server option would be great.
This game could be so great and I liked the hero idea actually...so much potential and innovation wasted on a sudden change of mind.

Seeing a hero with a MkB would be like "look at that guy and his cool weapon" while now it is "where did they all find a prototype weapon in this god-forgotten city and where is mine?"
Nothing special about it anymore and authentic feeling ruined...yes two birds with one stone like someone posted before.

And yes some might have been raging that they paid or unlocked the MkB but never get to play it. Well there is Firefight mode...and other games where you can always have what you want.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.