• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

System Requirements

BL4Z3>FAS>

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 13, 2005
Do we know anything about what the system requirements may be?
Many of us have stuck with RO because (aside from being the best game ever) we cant really run anything any more intensive , myself I Iam running RO OST on the same machine I ran the mod on , athlon 2.5 2gb ram 6800gt vid, & it runs great , I have read that the engine is scalable & can be forgiving for many pc types ,how much more or less strain is the 3 engine as opposed to the 2.5 that we have all been playing on our older machines?...Even if it wont run for me Ill still buy it anyway , because I feel RO,.. the mods & OST have had so much value for me that I want to support tripwire. :)

UE 3 loves multi core computers as well as a decent video card. Ram is a bit less iffy, but around 2 gigs.

For something that will run UT 3 fairly great I had a core 2 duo e6600 (2.3 or something), and a geforce 8800 GT 512 on 2 to 4 gigs of ram.

Now final specs of ROHOS are nowhere near complete.

Upvote 0
If I get a laptop with the following specs:

Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4300 (2.1Ghz, 667 MHZ, 1MB Cache)
Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium
3 GB RAM
Intel Graphics 4500 MHD (64 MB dedicated and up to 1470 MB)
Screen Size: 15.6"

Will I be able to run the game at the minimum settings with a good frame rate? Just need a general opinion on this.

Upvote 0
Tiger2, I will assume that will be a big no.

Integrated graphics generally aren't supported, especially the Intel ones. On top of that, it is a laptop one, and support is even less for laptop specific GPUs.

In fact, that is not even a graphics card.

It is only good for looking at pictures and doing the 3D desktop in Vista/Win 7, and nothing more.

Also, your CPU is pretty slow.

I'd suggest building a cheap gaming desktop for yourself. By the time HoS comes out, you can probably build a new PC that can max it out for $600. You might even be able to now.

Upvote 0
And I just checked I can run a lag free UT III with 1920x1534 resolution with full details. So I'm sure my pc and me are definitely prepared for HoS. If I'm wrong HoS must have horrific system requirements and if this happens most people won't be able to play it. :eek: Shouldn't happen. But as Yoshiro mentioned a full info on sys reqs will be available in close future. ;)

Upvote 0
So what do you suggest me then? I have a GTX 285 gpu and my cpu is a core 2 duo 6600 and memory is 2gb. What shall I upgrade and with what I shall change it?

Wait until the game is released. My GTX 260 blows UT3 away, and your card is considerably faster than mine.

So I am sure it would be fine for HoS. Should max it out. But, we don't know how it will preform, which is why I said it is best to wait. Maybe quadcore will be of benefit in HoS.

Not sure if they make CPUs in your socket anymore though.

If you have a 64bit OS, get another 2GB of RAM.

If you really want to upgrade more though, and you can't get a better CPU, then go with the HD 5850/70.

Upvote 0