• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

realistic WWI shooter

Don't forget modelers, and texture artists, and coders. I actually had two modelers but they decided to stop responding to emails, which leaves me alone for modeling. And after about 6 months since the start of this mod we still have barely anything to show for it, and only two other members that have been with me since the start.
The first two or so months were planning what to do and what not, but I really don't know how we manged to go the next three months accomplishing barely anything. I feel like I've been sitting on my *** for too long wasting other people's time.

With that aside I hope to have something of a preview within a week or two.

Is it just me or has there been alot of WW1 games announced recently? Two for consoles, the Trenches 2, seems like WW1 is going to be the new WW2, but it'll take just one game done right to break the ice, and I'll be damned if it's not Iron Europe.

I'll probably regret posting this but I don't care.

Upvote 0
Reading the comments on the bottom of the article make me want to punch someone in the face.

lol these made me laugh..

Make boots a central part of the game. If you don't finish a mission with your boots, start the **** over.

Hmm, I really want to avoid playing this.
I think it's time I put a couple of pencils up my nose and my underpants on my head.
WIBBLE!
WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE!

Upvote 0
Concept is great, but it's doomed to failure. It's purely a console game ffs. "Console shooters" and "tactics" don't belong in the same paragraph unless it's a comparison of one against the other. You can't have a slow paced, intense war on consoles designed for kids with ADHD. Don't believe me? Search for "halo online" on YouTube and knock yourself out. See you back here when you've become classically conditioned to automatically stab someone in the face whenever you hear "NOOOOOB!" screamed nearby. That is the target audience.

Upvote 0
Concept is great, but it's doomed to failure. It's purely a console game ffs. "Console shooters" and "tactics" don't belong in the same paragraph unless it's a comparison of one against the other. You can't have a slow paced, intense war on consoles designed for kids with ADHD. Don't believe me? Search for "halo online" on YouTube and knock yourself out. See you back here when you've become classically conditioned to automatically stab someone in the face whenever you hear "NOOOOOB!" screamed nearby. That is the target audience.

Do you have any idea how sad I became when I heard that UT3 mods will be playable on PS3 and possibly on X-Box 360 too? If I understood correctly, the PC and console gamers could join same servers. Brrr... :(

Upvote 0
Its kinda like inflation and unemployment, WWI history and sensible game development are inversely related. That's why mods like The Trenches never worked out in the long run, people who know the proper history can't a fun game with fun maps to save their lives. I was looking forward to Over the Top, but it never even made it to launch.

Upvote 0
Eastern front could be interesting.

In terms of trench warfare, troops equipped with primarily nades employing infiltration tactics were fairly successful. From what I understand, the high command didn't like it, and eventually defenders caught on.

Anyways, I'd bet the nade spam would be worse than Basovka on first spawn.

Upvote 0
Don't forget Verdun! http://www.verdun-online.com

We're gonna bring the first first person shooter game set in the first world war to the pc!

It's a pitty that because of the lack of 2D artists we havent been able to put up some news lately, but we've got alot of weapon models done. Engine wise we've set up ragdoll physics and normal and specular mapping...

Upvote 0