• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Key to Kills is tweaking

in pub, people rarely use them, its all about the kills pretty much, which is mainly why i stay in my clans server with a password on, because we actually vs each other/other clans.

You'd be surprised. You do not have to have other people doing it right for YOU to do it right. I'm not talking about things like coordination as such. In the above example you can do it yourself. You just have to do it a different way.

What I am talking about is the ultra basic stuff like how you move across an open field, for example. Do you rush it and try to get across before someone can hit you, do you stealth it and try to go around without anyone seeing you? Do you wait for some team mates to come and try to beat the odds, hoping they get hit but not you? That sort of tactical thinking is what I mean. Lots of people do it. The better players for sure do it, no matter where they are.

But you're right of course, pub is never going to be as tactical as clan-type games. Not unless guys like you and me do it in pub servers.

Upvote 0
Zoom? HA!

Zoom and sway and sprinting..............

This is what you guys used forum time in BETA.

Because godawful small sized maps are sooooooooooooooo easy to fix once the game is out.

A large proportion of the players are suffering performance issues. Ramm-Jaeger has already explained what they think the cause of it is, and bigger maps will make it MUCH MUCH WORSE.

So quit whining about small maps. They are much larger than most FPS' and they are already pushing most peoples hardware.

Make the maps bigger and there will be even fewer people capable of playing on them. Have fun with that.

Some people never really think things through, do they?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A large proportion of the players are suffering performance issues. Ramm-Jaeger has already explained what they think the cause of it is, and bigger maps will make it MUCH MUCH WORSE.

So quit whining about small maps. They are much larger than most FPS' and they are already pushing most peoples hardware.

Make the maps bigger and there will be even fewer people capable of playing on them. Have fun with that.

Some people never really think things through, do they?

If you bought that Ramm-Jaeger's performance issues explanation,
I have some serious road infrastructure to sell ya. Mostly junctures, bridges and such.

FX-60 running RO2 at 50fps, optimized for other platforms.....................:rolleyes:

Watch the incoming John Carmack's fps that's been optimized for consoles, and be amazed how it runs on PC
Oh and that one is literally optimized for whole another kind of platform, and PC version is just a port

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have some serious road infrastructure to sell ya. Mostly junctures, bridges and such.

FX-60 running RO2 at 50fps, optimized for other platforms.....................:rolleyes:

Watch the incoming John Carmack's fps that's been optimized for consoles, and be amazed how it runs on PC
Oh and that one is literally optimized for whole another kind of platform, and PC version is just a port

OMG!

He specifically said the cause of the performance issues was their maps. He said they had optimised them on the limited number of configurations they had been able to test it on and it seemed fine.

Now, it seems that some configurations of hardware are choking on the maps, not because they can't handle it, but because of how they have designed the maps.

When was the last time you heard a dev admit their lack of testing led to a major problem for many users? Hell, the lawyers usually wouldn't allow it. The point is, they are a small company and can't afford lawyers or 200 man dev teams or dozens and dozens of the most expensive configurations of computer you can find.

They have admitted the fault lies with them and they are trying to fix it. Have patience.

Instead, you compare a tiny company to one of the geniuses of FPS programming with millions in resources at his disposal. To me, that is just vindictive.

This is an INDY studio, and you are comparing it to the most AAA dev you can find and finding it lacking?

You sir, are a moron.

Upvote 0

Watch how poorly the game will run on AMD video cards... If you want to have a taste of it, try Brink, horrible performance, constant crashing and BSOD's...

Reactions: DeviantChild
Upvote 0
yep haha, you're in NZ? so there a chance we've played in same server :p

Quite possibly.

I just finished a round of Spartanovka carrying the DP-28 all kills were the DP-28 except for a couple of grenade kills. You're probably not interested, but I've recently had a few arguments regarding the MG's and other things.

Basically people say you can't do well with the MG or the MkB is killing the game or whatever, and I always say it's them and not the game and that I am usually in the top 5, and let's say I'm taking this opportunity to gloat a bit:

2hoio1z.jpg

2hf0y74.jpg

I never claimed to be the best player. Just that if you use the right kind of realistic tactics to face realistic situations, the game mechanics don't really matter. You will do well.

By the way, there was at least one hacker on the Axis side, IMHO. Either that or he was awesome. 53 kills. What is weird is that he was carrying the MP-40 but was nowhere near the caps most of the time. He seemed to be camping on the fringe and killing people all over the map. He even got less than half the points of the leader. I dunno, seemed pretty suss to me.

Didn't stop me from having fun OR doing well.

Upvote 0
Games had visual tweaks, which can be used for better performance or/and as a tool to gain advantages gameplay-wise since the dawn of FPS games. One way is to involve Punkbuster so someone with a setting outside of a certain range is getting kicked. Otherwise will people always do it for whatever reason.

^ he is right, finally somebody with clue

and im not having any problem, i got an AMD cpu and video card... maybe crossfire AMD yeah.

Upvote 0