• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ideas of remaking the Killing floor (or KF2?),make it more likely to the BF2

Utopia-Phoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Qingdao, Shandong, China
That's it. Lots of ideas are posted and there would be probably days before finishing the post. Almost all KF elements are remade. Beware LONG ROAD AHEAD.

Better not reply in this post when the post is unfinished,or downrate(You see,the reputation indicator doesn't look good to me.)

My english is not very skilled,and probably I would speak too much(use too much word to describe a thing...). Sorry about that in the very front.

Last edited:
The difficulty system and the perk system are changed together. No longer painful levelling perks or crushing the game with high-level perks at low difficulty.

New easy level = Old normal difficulty with LV3 perks.
New normal level = Old hard difficulty with LV4 perks.
New realistic level = Old hell on earth difficulty with LV6 perks.

You know why? I own LV6 perks(Mr.perky acquired) and play on HOE only. If in a server diff lower than the HOE than I feel overpowered. HOE is SERIOUSLY not very difficult to play with LV6 perks,and with great team.

There is NO need to torture the players in levelling their perks. Denying them from beating the HOE,not because of their lack in abilities,but because of their absense in high-level perks! That's a hot dam* stupid!

PS: There is no need that KF2 must be brit-based. We can imagine that it is Russian-based or American-based. American-based campaigns allow much more NATO weapons while Russian-based ones allow much more soviet weapons. Soviet weapons are good as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While I agree that the whole leveling thing is downright stupid, 80% of players only play because they want to level their perks.
(sad but true) So I'm not sure if KF would have had such a huge playerbase 2 years after release without the ability to level perks.

There is no need that KF2 must be brit-based.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Upvote 0
Beware: Some of this thread have referred to Aze's post here [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54830[/URL]

But please,there are lots of differences. I am not going to equip the players with special abilities like they did in wolfenstein or borderlands. No. KF2 is still more realistic than fictional.

Perks and weapons. 7 Perks. Same as the KF1 as

1) Medic
2) Engineer
3) Sniper
4) Assault
5) Pyro
6) Berserker
7) Demolitions

(PS: The max gamer capacity be raised from 6 to 7,so that there is a chance that every perk has 1 men.)
(PS: I perfer the loadout indicator from the Battlefield 2 rather than the big icon nowadays in KF.)

Strong unit handler (High DPH low ROF): Sniper,Demo
Mixed (Mid DPH mid ROF): Support,Berserker
Weak unit handler (Low DPH high ROF): Assault,Pyro
(Medic is weak in damage dealing,the mastery of medic is healing and tanking. Not in one of the classes mentioned above.)

1) Medic
Related weapons & gear:

1) Syringe (tier 1, weight 0)
2) Armor (tier 1, weight 0)
3) MP7 w. healdart (tier 2, weight 3) MP7 price lowered to $1000 unperked
4) Blood Vial (tier 3,weight 1)

I don't think the medic need any more weapons like the M7A3 or medic shotty.
(For blood vial info,see this one
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53607[/URL])

Buffs:
No change except one,the MP7 discount lowered to 70%,resulting in an $300 each. Also reduce the free ammo gifted to the newly bought MP7 to 120 so that selling-back is of no use. (Selling and buying back costs $75 and acquire 120 ammo while buying 120 ammo costs $60)

Strategies:
Watch the teammates and heal them when they are hurt. If large targets appear then go tanking with the thick armor. If everything is sweet,then just help the team to clear out the trash.

PS:A medic loaded with MP7+Vial weights 5/15. He can carry any 10-weighter heavy weapons. This weapon is his main weapon,unperked though.

Upvote 0
2) Engineer
Related weapons & gear:

1) Welder (tier 3,weight 0)
2) M1300 (tier 1, weight 8)
3) Double-barrel Shougun (tier 2, weight 10) (Price raised from $750 to $1000 unperked, free ammo when buying decreased from 24 to 12, ammo price down to $25/4 shells,disabling selling-back)
4) AA12 (tier 3, weight 10)
5) Grenade box (11 grenades instead of 5,with NO damage boost)

Buffs:
Shotgun discount/damage/penetration does not change. But there are NO ammo capacity bonus. This means that he will run out of ammo if he spams like the Assault/Commando.
Carry weight bonus does not change.
Handgrenade capacity bonus does not change,but NO damage boost. (This is the grenade box.)
Handgrenade discount: Up to 35% for LV6,resulting in $26 each.
Welding speed bonus does not change.

PS: Discounting the grenades is necessary. $40 for a grenade(which is less effective than a M79 grenade) is somehow ridiculous. A discount is demanded.

Strategies:
M1300+DBL loadout at first and go AA12+DBL+Katana in later waves. Don't spam unless emergency or you'll run out of ammo pretty fast. The instantaneous damage he can do is ULTRA HIGH so keep it for emergencies.

Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0