• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Tweaks

game keeps crashing now, can't play for even one minute ,always crash. :(

If you havent made backup copys of the files you edited? just delete them, restart your game, it will make new ones.

When editing the values on the variables in the ROEngine.ini, i would do so in small amounts. that way you can pin point whats making you crash etc. Quite often when tweaking configs i edit one Variable at a time, tiresome work takes longer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have noticed, that when my graphic settings are low, I have sometimes black textures and many crashes.
With graphic settings medium, shadows!! medium (low -> game crashes) I have more fps. Post procession High, AA off, Framerate smoother on, PhysX off, Bloom on! With these settings i get much more fps than i can get with all on low.

Upvote 0
Okay guys, I think I may have something.

The ROEngine.ini OP is talking about. Make a backup (Rename it ROEngine2.ini or whatever), delete it. The thought occurred to me that I still couldnt disable AA ingame, only the ini tweak OP pointed out; even though I had thought they changed that in the second patch. I've seen this happen before in another game (whose name escapes me for some reason) where it was simply something was changed but the file wasnt updated properly.

By erasing that file (hence why I said make a backup) it creates a new, fresh file. I could disable AA ingame from the options menu. Checking again, there also seems to be a "Steam cloud" option that I don't remember being there prior to refreshing the file. I noticed my FPS (after setting everything back to where it was) was a bit better, from about 55-90 versus 40-65 or so.

Disabling Motion Blur also seems to be an improvement for a low cost BTW. It seems like I was getting a lower FPS when turning, turning off motion blur helped a bit.

Your mileage may vary and this may just be some mind trick, but it seems to have worked for me, still terribly optimized, but bit more bearable. Give it a whirl, hopefully it works for some of you guys as well.

Upvote 0
So we've mentioned the 'increasing performance tweaks', but how about
improving graphical settings more than it is possible through the menu?

GraphicsQualitySetting=5
CharacterQualityDetail=3
TextureQualityDetail=4
ShadowQualityDetail=3

Are these all the max numbers or can we increase them?
Anything else we can do to max this game out?

Cheers.

Upvote 0
GPU Utiliztion

GPU Utiliztion

My problem is low framerates due to the GPU's not being fully utilized. I am running a Sandy Bridge i7 oc'd to 4.5 ghz with 2 GTX 570's in SLI. Evga Precision shows my cards only working at no more than 60% usage max. Framerates hover between 45 and 65. My bud has 2 GTX 580's and he is only showing about 40% utilization of his cards. He is getting even less FPS's than I am. Both of us have all settings maxed out. I would be interested to see if anybody else here is having a utilization problem.

Upvote 0