• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BF3 vs RO2

Well lets just say that once all the folks jump ship to say BF3 and MW then what we will have left is exactly what we all wanted to begin with, a tight nit community with all of the die hard RO2 players left and all the content and maps and MODS we've all dreamed of.

We'll have a state of affairs of exactly what we had when RO was a MOD and went to retail then when the dust settled we had what we've had for years a great community, with great players, and great servers.

So for me I can see in a good 6 months to a year everything being the way we all wanted it to be, so I see history repeating itself and for me that's all just fine.

Then we'll have a good 5 years of gameplay and RO1 will be a thing of the past and we'll have RO2 living on and during that time BF4 and 5, 6, maybe even 7 and MW whatever version COD is on now 14??? LOL.

We'll only be 2 games in and the world will be righted again, all of this over a 10-15 year period. Works for me... :)

Upvote 0
Saying that though, BF3's core mechanics are actually fun, and it could be a great game with tweaks.
Tweaks that you will never get because the game cannot be modded and because the DEVS dont give a damn about gameplay mechanics.

The BF games are by design made so that they wont be fun for a long time because next christmas they want you to buy their next game.

Upvote 0
Protip: if RO2 dies, so does the whole franchise. There will never be a RO game again. Ever. And Ro1 or DH won't get more players. So be careful what you hope for. ***.

I cant wait till RO3, this time with MOAR killstreakz, moar achievementz and moar BS.

Face it, RO2 was a huge dissapointed, TWI failed.

They smelled $$$ so they screwed over their fans.

Upvote 0
at least dice batched out mostly working mp with fun/ solid gameplay mechanic proven and approved by many for several years, with great visual/ well acceptable performance.

Arcady design / semi railgun, prosthetic enhanced arm, leg, superhuman movement....

TWI is a kind of dead to serious crowds already.
If this awful outcome.... has only one thing to look forward to, that's contents by modders..

Upvote 0
at least dice batched out mostly working mp with fun/ solid gameplay mechanic proven and approved by many for several years, with great visual/ well acceptable performance.

Arcady design / semi railgun, prosthetic enhanced arm, leg, superhuman movement....

TWI is a kind of dead to serious crowds already.
If this awful outcome.... has only one thing to look forward to, that's contents by modders..

Exactly, BF3 does what it tries to do very well.

On the other hand RO2 fails horribly to be what the DEVS say it apparently is.

Reactions: b0sco and boogada
Upvote 0
..dice anyways did show improvement and not so disapointing outcome over series...bfbc2, bf3...
while, twi in many customers mind is thought of as incompetent dev, future mods aside.

They could have implemented scale system where you can adjust realism setting just like a10c warthog, or il2 1946 where you can play simulator as downright arcade game or hardcore to sophisticated sim.

I doubt now many know TWI's tactics so now not many will buy into their crap again.

Last edited:
Reactions: boogada and Thyrker
Upvote 0
Well, I bought BF3, and have been playing it all this time. Guess what, I don't care about the fact there are no broken pictures, chairs and other furniture and debris inside the buildings and other bull**** people seem to point out just to trash BF3. The game runs great, solid, lagless fps no matter what. Connection is perfect, I play with 40-50 ping max. Sure matchmaking will need a bit of refinement but all in all BF3 is everything RO2 should have been gameplaywise. Sustained firefights, absolutely thrilling combat, the sound is SPECTACULAR. Seeing buildings around you crumble to bits when shot by tanks is extremely satisfying.

Sure the game is arcady in its own sake, but c'mon people. It's a video game, it's supposed to be fun not real war...go enlist if you want realism.
And while we are talking about realism...I can shoot people in RO2 at ranges over 200 meters without breaking a sweat. In BF3 you at least have to control your rifle and aim for the head to actually drop someone.

I'll go back to RO2 from time to time, of course, the game is really fun at times. But, for me at least, BF3 is just better. And I have a lot of friends there as well.

Upvote 0
^
Did you try bfbc2?

I think it's not correct about bf series getting worse, dice did add some more maps good expansion pack as vietnam and fixed some issues after release.
bfbc2 in later days was flawless for me, though not perfectly good working for few ppl though.

I am not sure how good a mod will follow as UE3.5 is more complicated tool to handle well than relatively simpler ue2.x.

One thing is clear, bf series know what it does best and actually does it quite well, and that's why it's almost 2nd biggest fps franchise in the world.

It is safe to say that ro2 is almost a failure unless great mod content follow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I recall when they cranked out their first expansion pack for BF2 and it broke the game for everyone. Honestly I haven't bothered to even try playing it since then.

lol, if DICE breaks something its "OMG game sucks there is no hope for it at all"
When TWI breaks a game, its "DW its all gonna be fine theres going to be patches..."

I had nothing but pleasant experiences with BF2.

Upvote 0
I think i laughed so hard there might a little pee in my pants.
BC2 patches were a catastrophy and made things worse, for 2 months I played with a transparent blue square over 1/4 of my screen. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I think it's fun to find such exuberating expression from some forumrites,

It is too bad for you to experience game breaking performance for bc2, well, I had no problem running bfbc2, moh 2010, bf3, nor minor performance issues so I have nothing against dice.

I think it's very..safe to say that dice game in general is more solid in game design and performance """IN GENERAL"""
well ,ro2 is buggy, unfinished, with id crysis, let's admit what's true about them at least.

Last edited:
Upvote 0