• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon drop on reload (suggestion)

Rabid[TT]

Aug 20, 2009
US
Wanted to suggest the possibility of a forced weapon drop (edit: or drop slinging it, as mentioned in post 11) if you try to draw your pistol while reloading your main weapon, or vice versa.

Using the main weapon reload as an example: Since reloading your weapon locks you into the reload, you can't draw your pistol until the reload is done. If you attempt to run, however, it simply interrupts the reload.

Dropping the weapon you're reloading if you attempt to draw another weapon during the reload process seems like a realistic response during battle, especially if someone just runs in the room suddenly. Generally speaking I've managed my reloads well, but I can think of at least half a dozen times during beta that this would have possibly or definitively saved me.

Last edited:
I approve of this idea!

Airsoft is the closest thing I've gotten to battle and at least in that, setting one's gun down to use a sidearm is something that's performed effectively (by my friends who don't use a safari sling like me!)

It also makes a good choice between waiting for the reload to finish and having to pick up your main weapon again at some point

Upvote 0
approved.png

Upvote 0
In RO2 you sling your weapon. Would be annoying as hell to have to pick up your rifle/smg each time you switch to your pistol. Wouldn't make much sense either, to drop your main weapon to the floor to draw your pistol if you're not panicking. Say I'm in a hallway, preparing to clean a house with my pistol. I can either sling my rifle and draw my pistol, or throw my rifle to the ground, abandoning it, then draw my pistol. If you have to switch in a reload, you'd let your weapon hang from its sling.

Doesn't make any sense to just toss your main weapon aside.

Last edited:
Upvote 0