• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To save dissappointment & ranting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyps

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
as we're now moving into the dates we could expect beta to be released and to save ranting & dissappointment is it possible the devs could just post

Not Today - as early on the days when it's not going to be released.

I've been told it's today
todays the day
RANT it was promised today

etc

and would also save many of us wearing F5 key out too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Timppaface
Devs said that it would be announced 1 day before beta is up at 12:00 US time don't know which time zone tho but i guess if its gonna be tomorrow then we would get a enlightenment around 19:00/20:00 1+ GMT European time "Berlin/Copenhagen/Rome" Time etc

Probably Easterd standard time as TW is in Roswell, GA. But I must of missed that bit about them posting beta announcement at noon one day prior. Where is that post at?

Upvote 0
I think its extremely unproffesional on TWI's part to anounce a "possible" release date, its a huge call for dissapointment, ranting and trolling if the date is not fulfilled.
I disagree. Announcing a target date is not, in my opinion, unprofessional, especially under the circumstances in which it was announced. With the crap storm that followed the beta not being released on the date many community members guessed, they said they would be "shooting for" Aug 30th or thereabouts. It's the wording that matters, in this case. It was made perfectly clear that this is not a promised date as little can be reliably promised in a situation as fluid as game design.

Upvote 0
I disagree. Announcing a target date is not, in my opinion, unprofessional, especially under the circumstances in which it was announced. With the crap storm that followed the beta not being released on the date many community members guessed, they said they would be "shooting for" Aug 30th or thereabouts. It's the wording that matters, in this case. It was made perfectly clear that this is not a promised date as little can be reliably promised in a situation as fluid as game design.

I disagree. If you are that uncertain about being able to reach a deadline, why bother spouting dates anyway? It always backfires, and certainly when you can't be sure if you will make your deadline. Fans as well as devs need to stop trying to predict what happens in the course of long time periods, especially if the process is that variable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.