• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

Gamespot, IGN, I'm disappoint.
Same demo as Gametrailers, and no useful questions. ><

Instead of: hurr durr what does it mean to be the Dragonborn? I would have loved to see an interviewer ask something like: "will the game have dismemberment?" or... "will it use Steamworks?" or... "did that finishing move on the dragon triggered third person? or was it done like that just to show the animation in the demo?

Now that would be useful info.

"So when can we expect to play this game?" Like anyone watching hasn't heard ELEVEN ELEVEN ELEVEN sometime yet.

Bunch of jackasses the interviewers. They ask the same questions all the others ask, and they aren't even good questions. It has to be the game companies telling the interviewers what they can or cannot ask. It happens for every game. Was happening in the ME 3 interviews too which made me really mad. And the Q&A sessions are the worst. Instead of asking good questions that someone with good knowledge of the fiction would ask they ask about something that the friggin developers have ALREADY MENTIONED AT SOME POINT SICNE THE GAMES ANNOUNCEMENT (i.e. for ME3, "HURR WILL I BE ABLE TO KEEP MY RELATIONSHIP WITH X GOING DURR" when they could ask something INTERESTING like "Is the Leviathon of Dis going to play a role in the story at all?")

Upvote 0
"So when can we expect to play this game?" Like anyone watching hasn't heard ELEVEN ELEVEN ELEVEN sometime yet.

Bunch of jackasses the interviewers. They ask the same questions all the others ask, and they aren't even good questions. It has to be the game companies telling the interviewers what they can or cannot ask. It happens for every game. Was happening in the ME 3 interviews too which made me really mad. And the Q&A sessions are the worst. Instead of asking good questions that someone with good knowledge of the fiction would ask they ask about something that the friggin developers have ALREADY MENTIONED AT SOME POINT SICNE THE GAMES ANNOUNCEMENT (i.e. for ME3, "HURR WILL I BE ABLE TO KEEP MY RELATIONSHIP WITH X GOING DURR" when they could ask something INTERESTING like "Is the Leviathon of Dis going to play a role in the story at all?")

They basically filled a 20 minute slot with 6 minutes of dumb questions, and then played Call of Duty replays for the next 14 minutes of the slot.

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
I could not care less if it said Press Start before the loading screen, all the button prompts in the tutorial were displayed in xbox button and the only configuration option was changing the resolution from 720p to 1080p as long as the game was a serious, big, deep, free role-playing game in the true sense of the word and in the tradition of Morrowind.

And judging from the videos I have seen it's the latter I think I should be more worried about... But if you want to align your priorities on buzzwords from the lower caste of gamers (i.e. "OMG consolitits!"), have it your way.

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
It wouldn't hurt if this game had proper xbox controller support unlike Oblivion. This is the type of game that sucks hundreds of hours, is slow paced and it doesn't take much accuracy, so its certainly better played lying down in a couch with the controller plugged into the PC.

So the console treatment is not always something bad IMO, it depends on how is done, and what kind of game it is.

Another good thing about the consoles is that the devs are forced to re-write and improve their graphics engines to look better with less resources. Which is good for guys like me who don't want to throw away a still perfectly capable computer just to keep up with the newest games.

Some PC only games like Operation Flashpoint/ArmA, just evolved in a horrible way. Starting with a bad and horribly demanding engine, and just throwing more stuff on top of it to make it even heavier, to the point that not even the most powerful systems can properly run that game.

Skyrim, by being confined to the 360, is granted to have a far better visuals/performance relation than its predecessor. Not forgetting that the PC version WILL include textures with much higher resolution and that kind of stuff. Something that other developers would use as an excuse to throw the "PC version is the lead platform" fallacy, so I applaud Bethesda's sincerity in this one, and I also applaud the release of the mod tools of this console game, because apparently, some of the "Real PC Games" can't have them.

Upvote 0
Using Arma and OA like that is just picking at one of the worst examples.

That said I agree TES is one of the FEW franchises that is wholly enjoyable using a console controller. I played through Morrowind on the Xbox back when it came out and things were just more streamlined and simple to execute (menus and such) compared to the PC's setup.

Whether or not this is a design issue the developers have been struggling with is unknown to me. All I do know is that they could release the game with a control setup like the Wii's and I'd still enjoy it endlessly.

Upvote 0
It wouldn't hurt if this game had proper xbox controller support unlike Oblivion. This is the type of game that sucks hundreds of hours, is slow paced and it doesn't take much accuracy, so its certainly better played lying down in a couch with the controller plugged into the PC.

So the console treatment is not always something bad IMO, it depends on how is done, and what kind of game it is.

Another good thing about the consoles is that the devs are forced to re-write and improve their graphics engines to look better with less resources. Which is good for guys like me who don't want to throw away a still perfectly capable computer just to keep up with the newest games.

Some PC only games like Operation Flashpoint/ArmA, just evolved in a horrible way. Starting with a bad and horribly demanding engine, and just throwing more stuff on top of it to make it even heavier, to the point that not even the most powerful systems can properly run that game.

Skyrim, by being confined to the 360, is granted to have a far better visuals/performance relation than its predecessor. Not forgetting that the PC version WILL include textures with much higher resolution and that kind of stuff. Something that other developers would use as an excuse to throw the "PC version is the lead platform" fallacy, so I applaud Bethesda's sincerity in this one, and I also applaud the release of the mod tools of this console game, because apparently, some of the "Real PC Games" can't have them.
By that logic you might just as well claim RO2 is not a proper PC game because it doesn't utilize maximum PC graphics with DX11. Whether a game is a real proper PC game is in my book not defined by whether it has feature x or not. It's several things coming together.

Upvote 0
By that logic you might just as well claim RO2 is not a proper PC game because it doesn't utilize maximum PC graphics with DX11. Whether a game is a real proper PC game is in my book not defined by whether it has feature x or not. It's several things coming together.

Is the third time you answer to my post in a different way, leaving some days in between, and you just keep coming for more.

Does it irk you that much? Now you have to attack it in some other senseless way without naming BF3 hoping to not get it deleted by mods this time?

To answer your question I said "Some PC only games" I never said that ArmA was a "proper" PC game or that a proper one should **** your computer up. I just say that some PC only games do that, and had they been released on consoles, they would have been better optimized because devs wouldn't be able to get away with a poor performance.

Does that mean that a PC game can't be well optimized? Absolutely not. But is like a shield for lazy devs who can't be arsed by optimization, and nowhere I recall mentioning TWI among them.

I really don't understand the objective of your post other than trolling as always. Cause It really had nothing to do with what I said or meant, and you know it.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0
Is the third time you answer to my post in a different way, leaving some days in between, and you just keep coming for more.

Does it irk you that much? Now you have to attack it in some other senseless way without naming BF3 hoping to not get it deleted by mods this time?

To answer your question I said "Some PC only games" I never said that ArmA was a "proper" PC game or that a proper one should **** your computer up. I just say that some PC only games do that, and had they been released on consoles, they would have been better optimized because devs wouldn't be able to get away with a poor performance.

Does that mean that a PC game can't be well optimized? Absolutely not. But is like a shield for lazy devs who can't be arsed by optimization, and nowhere I recall mentioning TWI among them.

I really don't understand the objective of your post other than trolling as always. Cause It really had nothing to do with what I said or meant, and you know it.
That's true sometimes about console games, but I have also had plenty of experiences where games developed primarily for consoles ran very poorly on PC for no good reason other than developer laziness. I agree with what you say, it's just that it does go both ways.

Upvote 0
That's true sometimes about console games, but I have also had plenty of experiences where games developed primarily for consoles ran very poorly on PC for no good reason other than developer laziness. I agree with what you say, it's just that it does go both ways.

Such thing automatically blacklist those lazy *** devs for me. There is no excuse for such a horrid job.

Upvote 0