• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is the single player moddable?

luciferintears

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
This might be kind of weird or whatnot, but i personally enjoy coop/singleplayer games more than multiplayer pvp kind of games; not that i dont like pvp.

I've spent over hundreds of hours making custom coop missions in ARMA2 and ARMA2:OA. Complete with custom scripts, sounds, maps, etc. Honestly, it is so much fun getting 5-6 friends together and playing coop in that game.

I even made a Historically Black Hawk Down mission complete with synchronized touchdowns of the Delta Force and the Rangers; i even had Todd Blackburn fall out of the helicopter, with a secondary objective to CASEVAC him to the target building and load him up into the convoy lol. We got 16 friends together and played, and it was really fun; replayed it like 15 times. The reason being that it was dynamic; it never played out the same way.

Anyway, i want to capture that fun in RO2 and i was wondering if there is any info as to whether or not you can make custom singleplayer/coop games?

It would be great fun to have 2-3 AI squads being led by human leaders. Or even just having 32 humans vs 64+ bots lol

Also if possible i would like to carry variables over from mission to the next. So in that way, whether or not you accomplish/fail a secondary objective in the prior mission will have consequences in the upcoming mission; thereby creating a semi-dynamic campaign.

Example:

In MISSION 1 you as a german are tasked with an on the fly secondary objective to prevent the soviets from destroying a bridge. You complete the primary objectives however you were unable to prevent the soviets from destroying the bridge; hence failing your secondary.

So for the next mission, the german panzer column that was to link up with your division is unable to advance accross the bridge. As a result in MISSION 2, you will not have armor support or at least very little.

Not sure if any of you would be interested in coop campaigns like that. But i figured since many people will be working on MP mods, i might as well work on SP mods :p

Also is the SDK out?

Last edited:
I would like to know as well, if its particularly possible to change the starting gear in the campaign as it is now.

And your idea luciferintears sounds awesome. CO-OP is always good, and should always be included in modern FPS titles.

Thank you.

Yes i feel coop is very underrepresented in games.

Does anyone have a clear answer?

Upvote 0