• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Audio Issue

newtee2

Sep 15, 2011
Earlier tonight I was enjoying some RO2 when after the server changed maps my speakers made clicking sounds as if they had blown out. I heard no sound. I've had my speakers for six years so I figured that they ought to die by now after intense use.

I would eventually figure out that it was actually not my speakers, but RO2 itself. I've encountered this issue twice tonight where after a server changes maps and I load the map and join the server that audio for RO2 stops working. When I disconnected I heard these clicking sounds again when I hit disconnect , exit game, and then confirmed that I wanted to exit the game. This is the first time I have ever experienced this in one of my video games, so it either has to be the game itself and or the new drivers I installed. I never had this in the beta.

Here are my basic specs :

E8500 @ 3.8ghz
560ti with latest drivers ( non beta )
nforce 780i mobo w/ onboard audio, no soundcard.

And I believe that the 560 ti driver I installed came with an audio driver.

Anyone having this issue?

Last edited:
Me as well. Was looking for a thread like this, before I made my own.

I have the exact same issues as you, with the clicking noise, then no sound at all until I exit the game. This is on my PC.

I am not sure if this is related or not, but when I was trying the game out on my laptop, in the middle of the single player tutorial, a similar thing occurred, but instead the sound became garbled and distorted and continued even when I exited the game, until I restarted my laptop.

Upvote 0
Me as well. Was looking for a thread like this, before I made my own.

I have the exact same issues as you, with the clicking noise, then no sound at all until I exit the game. This is on my PC.

I am not sure if this is related or not, but when I was trying the game out on my laptop, in the middle of the single player tutorial, a similar thing occurred, but instead the sound became garbled and distorted and continued even when I exited the game, until I restarted my laptop.

Same problem here, with a little difference.

When the clicking noise starts (after 30 sec - 2 min gameplay time) I MUST exit the game and restart win 7 in order to avoid a blue screen..

I have several games installed on my pc (Deus Ex, Witcher2, Warhammer 40k Space Marine are the most recent) but none of them give me any issue.

Never had a bsod in 8 months. Untill they patched this game 2 days ago..

Today's patch isn't working for me.. same problem as yesterday..

Upvote 0