• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Praise the gore!

Jodl

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
A grenade is thrown inside a building. After the explosion a groaning enemy soldier crawls outside and dies just outside the door. His feet have been severed and are nowhere to be seen. Thank you Tripwire. Thank you, this is awesome!

Reactions: Kirq
hey can sombody help me out? I set my setting to full gore and I dont see any. am i just missing it? people are always talking about bullet wounds and dismemberment but I only see it when people get hit by grenades.
I also see a little dismemberment sometimes and the blood puffs thats all.
Do I have to turn character details up or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A grenade is thrown inside a building. After the explosion a groaning enemy soldier crawls outside and dies just outside the door. His feet have been severed and are nowhere to be seen. Thank you Tripwire. Thank you, this is awesome!

Did he really crawl outside or are you jsut making that up? :p

I thought if dismemberment kicks in the character is dead already.

Upvote 0
Only problem I found, well not actually a problem, but more of a concern, is that entry and exit wounds last just for a few seconds after death, leaving a clean corpse (except for dismemberment).

And also the moment you kill someone you won't have time to play with it a little bit longer because bullets and explosions doesn't affect bodies the moment they are dead :(

Is this client or server side? If it is the latter I can understand why this happens, but what if it is client side?

Upvote 0
Gore is only noticeable when the victim dies with anything explosive.

Beyond that, the wound decal only appears, I notice thus far -- when the perp is hit in the Heart. You see the exit and entry wound, otherwise, bullet wound decals seem to be completely turned off for the beta.

The same thing for bullet decals on wall, I think they have it limited.

Otherwise, the blood sfx seems similiar to RO1, thick, red, has that signature artery blood spurts too on severed stumps.

Upvote 0
Did he really crawl outside or are you jsut making that up? :p

I thought if dismemberment kicks in the character is dead already.
I'm not actually sure, can think of few possibilities.

1) Possible post-mortem animations, though not sure whether they even exist. Dudes seem to groan after death, why couldn't they crawl too.
2) Might have been the sheer force that threw him out or something like that, but it most certainly looked like crawling.

Shrug, but it most certainly was entertaining :D

Upvote 0
This is what arty did to a poor German soldier, definitely gave me pause for thought before moving out of cover
Spoiler!

Upvote 0