• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gaming is counting on Red Orchestra 2

My dad grabs the controller in a way where his index finger and thumb are both controlling the rotation stick. He has to re-adjust his whole hand to get to the trigger.

It quite honestly is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, watching him play with the right thumb stick is like watching a baby play with a nipple on a titty. But then hes upset a second later when he gets shot and tea bagged by some kid from Britain. The weird thing is that he somehow beat hardcore and got 1000/1000 achievements on COD 2. :D:rolleyes:

That probably because that

Upvote 0
The only First Person Shooter's I found was really good on a console were the Metroid Prime games on the GameCube and Wii..... it had auto aim/lock, but since you were in a fancy futuristic alien space suit, decked out with all kinds of technology, it made sense... but even still, you could easily shoot and take out enemies without the aim assist just because they focused a lot on how to make the controllers work for the game on a console.

Having games like CoD, BF, FarCry2, and other FPS's based on present day, near future or the past, ie: WWII..... and having Auto Aim not only took you out of the immersion of the game, it also spoon fed you shots & accuracy with little effort.

And when you don't use it, then you manually aim with the joystick which is limited to a set speed and is limited in in your accuracy, in that most people will just spray their weapon while moving left/right/up/down in hopes of hitting something.....

Pit them up against someone with a mouse and keyboard and you get this:

The Matrix Lobby Scene - YouTube

^ The police are Console Users and Neo and Trinity are the PC Gamers :cool:

Upvote 0
Why do people insist on telling others the games they buy are crap and how they've made a "huge mistake"? Who cares what other people are buying, it does not effect you.

I am excited for both RO2 and BF3, is that okay? I'm also a PC gamer at heart but the console bashers in this thread just come off as elitists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tisk tisk wasting money on bf3 for console half the players half the map size and dumbed down graphics whats the point?

Maybe the point is that it is his decision to do so? He may have friends who play on consoles that don't play on PC and enjoys their company. I don't really see what's wrong with that.

I play on both and while I prefer PC over any console any day of the week, I still own video game consoles and play on them occasionally.

Upvote 0
Personally I don't care what you play or what you play it on. Just give the PC and it's Community the respect it deserves, if you play a console(I say that because not many PC'ers would disrespect it's community). Because with out the technology advance made here, there likely wouldn't be many advances in the consoles. And PC'ers just because it's on a console don't mean it sucks on the PC. Just means the company that made it is trying to milk it for every penny it's worth. >.< I'm looking at you Trayarch!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried it a few times and it was ridiculous trying to move the cross hair around the screen

Jeez I'd have HATED to be the one teaching you to drive or even ride a bike. Its the same reason most console gamers can't use a keyboard and mouse; you aren't used to it. Just like getting good at PC games it takes practice (ever watch Seananners or Grizz play COD?). I play some FPSes on my 360, like Black Ops and MW2 (OMMGGEERRRZZ GET OUTT!!11!!!1one!111!) but I'm also an avid RO/ARMA/etc player and a developer for RnL. I can do fairly well on 360 but I'm better on PC because I have been playing online shooters since Delta Force.

Elitism is hilarious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There isn't.

You see? This is the reason fanboys will quarrel.

Is your imagination really so limited that you can't think of a single reason to buy the game for a console? Rest assured I'm well aware that the game will be technically superior on the PC, even though it lacks mod tools.

If it's really good I'll buy it on the PC as well, but as of now I'm fairly skeptical - thinking it will resemble BC more than BF2. And I also take objection to EA's DLC- and Origin account policy. Frankly, it doesn't seem as if the game takes advantage of the PC platform's strong points, aside from computing power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PC gaming is around 500-800 million + strong. It was never dead, in fact its been growing more and more each year, faster than Consoles. Piracy doesn't help the case but as a example, more people pirated Call of duty Black ops PC then bought the 360 version of the game. Also pc gaming isn't confined to the types of games on steam. You have Millions of browser games, as well as millions of free games in general on top of the thousands of free to play games as well.

Upvote 0
Jeez I'd have HATED to be the one teaching you to drive or even ride a bike. Its the same reason most console gamers can't use a keyboard and mouse; you aren't used to it. Just like getting good at PC games it takes practice (ever watch Seananners or Grizz play COD?). I play some FPSes on my 360, like Black Ops and MW2 (OMMGGEERRRZZ GET OUTT!!11!!!1one!111!) but I'm also an avid RO/ARMA/etc player and a developer for RnL. I can do fairly well on 360 but I'm better on PC because I have been playing online shooters since Delta Force.

Elitism is hilarious.

If you're even going to begin to suggest that a mouse and keyboard isn't a more accurate form of control over a controller, then you are absolutely delusional. There's a reason why developers never implement cross platform play. Because the PC gamers crush the console ones every time. Just look at Shadowrun for example.

Not to mention the much farther range of key binds the keyboard allows you to have. I couldn't imagine a game like RO2 being able to be played with the limited amount of buttons on a controller.

Upvote 0

Elitism is hilarious.

To be perfectly honest, I have some experience with consoles and their horrid controllers. You can probably play MW2 as well as any PC user out there I'll give you that. But unfortunately that game is very very bland when it comes to aiming, controller or mouse, the input method doesn't really matter because it isn't used at the level where a controller would face difficulties.

Take a game like Quake on the other hand which makes it absolutely impossible to strafejump, perform flickshots and switch to different weapons on the go, and no I'm not talking about "press a button to switch to next weapon" I'm talking about pressing the exact button needed for that particular weapon. There's a good reason why they don't use controllers at world championships.

You say you've played ARMA, let me ask you this: How would you feel if ARMA3 was a console port and many features had to be taken out because a controller does not have nearly enough input possibilities?

How would you respond when every sequal to the game you love gets dumbed down to fit the casualness of the console users, even IF you're on the minority who actually does not play the console casually.

How do you accept the fact that due to the non/slow-changing hardware configurations of console hardware, development of games lack innovation on certain aspects because developers are stuck with the same hardware for atleast 5 years.

This is all "Elitism" you say? Perhaps you're right, but atleast PC gamers want to see improvement where as the average(note: not everyone) console gamer only looks to play with their friends on the couch, and will happily pay for and play crappy games. The worst thing is, publishers like Activision are fully aware of this, which is absolutely the reason why CoD has 10x the players on the console.

Not everyone here has good reasons to dislike consoles and their controllers. I even liked consoles much better in the days of Atari. But those days are over.

Upvote 0
If you're even going to begin to suggest that a mouse and keyboard isn't a more accurate form of control over a controller, then you are absolutely delusional. There's a reason why developers never implement cross platform play. Because the PC gamers crush the console ones every time. Just look at Shadowrun for example.

Not to mention the much farther range of key binds the keyboard allows you to have. I couldn't imagine a game like RO2 being able to be played with the limited amount of buttons on a controller.

Then I don't envy your imagination. As far as I can tell he didn't ever suggest that. But just for the sake of argument, you'll have a hard time explaining how a keyboard is more precise than an analogue stick when it comes to movement.

That said, I don't think anyone here would argue that a mouse and keyboard won't beat a controller in an FPS for aiming and turning speed and accuracy.

Contextual buttons and quick menus like OFP will solve most input issues, so I really don't think the limited amount of buttons is a problem 95 % of the time. A steep learning curve on consoles is for some reason the real problem. Developers tend not to really utilize the buttons they do in fact have in fear of making too complicated schemes.

This is all "Elitism" you say? Perhaps you're right, but atleast PC gamers want to see improvement where as the average(note: not everyone) console gamer only looks to play with their friends on the couch, and will happily pay for and play crappy games. The worst thing is, publishers like Activision are fully aware of this, which is absolutely the reason why CoD has 10x the players on the console.

Seriously?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hells High
Upvote 0
i got a ps3 a couple years ago and i love it! it's hooked up to the big screen via the 5.1 receiver, it streams music from my pc, and it's a bluray player.. i've got pc gaming friends and console gaming friends, so it's all good there. as for fps'ing with a controller, as opposed to a mouse.. it's about experience. if you keep at it, whatever it is, you get good with it.

now, this new twisted metal.. the jaffe has said he's tweakin the split screen, which, is something pcs don't seem to do.. i dont know about you, but, 4 friends throwing down on some twisted metal sounds like a blast! my tv is 4x bigger than the ones we golden eyed with! your pc is for your alone times, admit it, even with ro..

oh, yeah.. i got the trophy called killing machine for resistance 2.. it took about 2.5 months to rack up 10,000+ kills in mp!

Last edited:
Upvote 0