• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Fabulous

Nothing similar from me. But the content in Fabulous is free for anyone to use in a KF project so if someone wants to go ahead and make a very similar Fable with another layout, be my guest. It's quite easy actually. Here's a quick "how to" and you'll honestly be surprised at how well (and FAST) it will work out for you, should you chose to make such a map:
Make a hilly landscape.
Paint reasonably broad ways onto it.
Dig them in a little bit. And pull the places between the ways up some more.
Now place fences and walls on the sides of the ways. The models all come with the map! Just use fences for a couple of meters, then switch to walls, then to the other walls, then back to fences etc. pp.
Then place trees, rocks and bushes in the places between the ways and place the ruined-pillar-pieces somewhere to add some scenery.
Done. Fable landscape.
You might want to put Fable-inspired buildings somewhere to drive the point home that it's a Fable map (I have the Oakvale house, the bridge, the ruined pillars and the windmill. You can either use those or come up with your own), but it shouldn't be too hard to do.
Really easy and really fast, once you crack the style, i.e. once you know what to do. Now you do. Good luck!

(if you use anything from the map, please give me credit and maybe drop me a line. Other than that, go ahead. Please. I'd be awesome)

KF-Secure may get a playable version soon though. Some time in the coming weeks, I think. I may post new screenshots sooner. The name will be changed to KF-Atlas when the playable version is released.

Upvote 0
I don't want the bridge to have a rough collision so ZEDs just lay on top it. I want them to tumble into the water. That's part of the fun of having a shifty bridge across a waterfall: That things fall into the water. :)
For this to happen I would need an exact collision model, which I'm not willing to use for server performance reasons (the bridge is relatively high-poly) and to me it looks ok if they just fall through and into the water as it is now.

If TWI comes up with little bomb-squad vehicles or something in an update and they need karma collision below them to drive (like vehicles do) then I'll roll out an update, but until then. No. Even if I deemed this an error I probably wouldn't fix it because replacing the current version for a fix this minor doesn't seem worth it to me.

Thanks for pointing it out though and sorry for coming across like a douche hurling the old "it's intentional" speech at you.:p

Upvote 0
Thanks!:)

Also, thanks for making these videos. It's nice to see people such as yourself truly appreciate custom maps. You're doing a good thing here.

he actually created a group without our circle of friends just to play custom maps, since the stock ones are so overplayed for most of us, as a good bit of our group has 1000+ hours and most acheivements.

Upvote 0