• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Commanders do not get any unlocks or stat progression.

AcerSpacer

Sep 16, 2011
I think that this is a bit silly because I love playing as a tank commander. I do very well in a round, and no stat unlocks or class progress. I think that this is a bit disappointing because I do some great work for the team in my tank, but at the end of the day nothing ranks up except the MG-34. There should at least be something like your loader is able to load faster, or unlocks like a rammer or gun laying drive or something like that.

There isn't progress or unlocks for Rifleman or Commander either according to the profile page. Would like to see some stuff even if its cosmetic. I honestly thing letting Commander unlock the assault rifles was fine as it was one dude. Should be a actual unlock though an not a DDE thing just to get people playing Commander as he is boring lol.

Upvote 0
In my opinion this is a good thing.

Why:
In RO1 tank crew classes were fought over and snatched up quickly. With no progression for tank classes this gives people more incentive to choose infantry classes instead of hogging tank roles.

Also you guys aren't thinking... In the future there may be unlocks in the form of alternate Tanks. :p

Upvote 0
In my opinion this is a good thing.

Why:
In RO1 tank crew classes were fought over and snatched up quickly. With no progression for tank classes this gives people more incentive to choose infantry classes instead of hogging tank roles.

Also you guys aren't thinking... In the future there may be unlocks in the form of alternate Tanks. :p

you mean the germans can unlock an F2 to gimp themselves with? :IS2:

Upvote 0
- German hero rank tank commander gets an eye patch
- Russian hero rank tank commander gets a big scar
- Hero rank tank commander is given a MP40/PPSH, which can be used when topside
- Crewmen skin progression is like any other class
- leveling the tank (all kills count towards the tank) gives you little skull and crossbones on the side of the turret, and maybe the AI gets a slight increase in response time

Upvote 0
I can see this happening. Have thought the same myself as well. I would like to see some upgrades for tank roles, such as faster reloading, faster position changes, hell, even something like a camouflage would be cool (like in those photos you see with tanks covered in branches in the summer, I assume they had some kind of white blanket in the winter).

Upvote 0
Ammo distribution is a stat infantry class all already get. It just = more ammo at spawn. That'd be a fine upgrade for tankers....especially the Russians, since they have so many few than the Germans to begin with.

I think it'd be pretty easy to add hull armor to that list....but I think that might offend a few too many people.

Upvote 0