• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should TWI be worried

TWI shouldn't be worried because of this but they should be definitely worried because of their lack of respect for the buyers. I just tried to make a list of the all things that they promised and failed to deliver. The list is long and I'm just getting madder and madder. That's a bad business and bad PR. I don't think I'll ever buy anything that has TWI signature on it. Not even a poison If I ever decide to kill myself. :)

Reactions: Nenjin and Raquel
Upvote 0
IF 1.6 really fices the warping Arma2 will be valid for some pvp mods like Project Reality and IF but it still appeals to an different audience as ro2 does not everyone likes driving/walking for 45 min without anything happening I kinda like it its weird but yes differen audience so they arent competators at all.

But thanks for making me aware of that patch

True about that, I love realistic games WAY more than arcady non realistic shooters like mw, bf, etc...and np, wasn't trying to sound like a smart *** or anything...I re-read what I wrote and it sounded like I was lol...Was just posting that in that patch they're fixing as much netcode stuff as they can before Arma 3 comes out.

Upvote 0
I'm a steady A2 player and what it does well, it does really well, and what it sucks at, it sucks at. While it's a "game", I think you get more out of the experience of true cooperative teamplay in a very realistic environment than the enjoyment of simply winning a round or match. It's far less gamey than other FPS out there HOS included. Since it's basis is a simulator, it's gameplay is far more realistic than anything else, and I'm not talking about the clunky animations and robot speech, those issues are superficial IMO, I'm talking about how you have to behave to stay alive and be successful in game. That's what's very realistic.

Even if the upcoming patch fixes warping (we'll see.....:rolleyes:) A2 doesn't work well for CQB and I don't think that's going to change with this engine. A3 is essentially the same engine, so I expect that it'll still have the same issues that make PvP tough and clearing rooms awkward.

If you have to walk 30 minutes to get back to the front, you're doing something wrong. There's always ways to get around that don't take longer than a few minutes.

If won't steal the community from HOS, it's a completely different game. A2 didn't steal anyone from BFBC/MW3 etc did it? Besides, it's a basically a mod for a game no one knows about anyway..... :p

And as others have said, A2 has HOS beat hands down for buggyness. It took BI a good 10 months to make it even decently playable for me.... it was a mess.

Upvote 0
Iron Front?!

Never heard of it before till just now. Looks f***ing amazing! Had i known i would have held off on RO2

I'm a long time ARMA2 player so the engine will feel like home to me

oh yeah, because the average consumer will totaly go out and play arma. Not a chance in hell

Right, well you see it was TWI's attempt at appealing to the "average" consumer that kind of ruined RO2. Niche games are 100x better than cookie cutter games built to be accessible to a large crowd

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because the ARMA2 engine just screams optimised doesn't it?

This!!! +1

i have all the Arma II series games, and anyone that has played them would know that the performance is a LOT worse in general terms compared to RO2. And it's a game released quite a few ago, and patched several times. :confused:

In my case, i cant play the Arma II series without jumping from 45 fps to 15 all the time, so its unplayable. On the other hand, with each patch released, i'm more able to play RO2, 40 solid FPS right now with settings on high but dissabling most of FX.

Upvote 0
TWI shouldn't be worried because of this but they should be definitely worried because of their lack of respect for the buyers. I just tried to make a list of the all things that they promised and failed to deliver. The list is long and I'm just getting madder and madder. That's a bad business and bad PR. I don't think I'll ever buy anything that has TWI signature on it. Not even a poison If I ever decide to kill myself. :)

Wow I bet you are one of those guys who jumped around just three weeks ago and begged for a release :rolleyes:

So what the game has bugs, some might be considered as game breaking, but you can be sure TWI is working as hard as they can to fix these issues, in fact they already released two patches that fixed a lot of things.

Compared to what the rest of the industry produces RO2 is still much better and it also did only cost you $40. The game was made by only about 30 people with a lot of resources than you know from "mainstream" games. Time and money being just two of these limited resources.

I think, you and the rest of the raging "nerds", should calm the **** down and if you can't bare the game in its current state, play one of the many other great games out there and see you in two months when the game is up to your standard of "quality".

Upvote 0
I've never been into Arma in the slightest. I like RO because it is both realistic and fun. I've never had fun with Arma, just that simple. The problem with games like Arma IMO is that they are so realistic that certain core mechanincs (moving around and interacting with the world) are very stiff and unrealistic. Arma is too much like a simulator to be as fun as RO, for me anyways.

To me, they are completely different games with different appeal.

Upvote 0
Wow I bet you are one of those guys who jumped around just three weeks ago and begged for a release :rolleyes:

So what the game has bugs, some might be considered as game breaking, but you can be sure TWI is working as hard as they can to fix these issues, in fact they already released two patches that fixed a lot of things.

Compared to what the rest of the industry produces RO2 is still much better and it also did only cost you $40. The game was made by only about 30 people with a lot of resources than you know from "mainstream" games. Time and money being just two of these limited resources.

I think, you and the rest of the raging "nerds", should calm the **** down and if you can't bare the game in its current state, play one of the many other great games out there and see you in two months when the game is up to your standard of "quality".

I hate being lied to. Second I payed for this but ok, its not about the money. I can wait no probs. We'll see how will situation develop.

Reactions: Nenjin
Upvote 0
It's funny watching this thread get kicked down to Other Games. You're going to find significantly less people down here have tolerance for the piss ant, "I just got here and now I'm going to ***** a blue streak about my $40 and throw around words like "deceived" and "lied to"" schpiel.

The RO2 forums may read like a united front of nerd rage, but down here there aren't hordes of people who will be gone in two weeks. I really suggest you don't try what seems popular up there, down here. Because this is where TWI fans hang out, not where people with a bone to pick with them come to blow off steam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will be playing both; not really sure why TWI has anything to be worried about?

I do think Iron Front will deliver the kind of multiplayer gameplay that a lot of people around here seem to be yearning for (long range engagements, slow and careful advances, etc.).

Frankly if you're any kind of WWII history buff and realism-focused gamer you should be getting BOTH! :IS2:

Upvote 0
I don't think about IF as a substitute for RO.

From the little i played of Arma 2 i really liked all the planning, moving in squads, scanning for enemies, everything needs to be done very carefully and it makes you feel like you are into a military operation.

But, dont ever ask me again to try and clear a village, or even worse, a building. No, just don't. The day Bohemia fixes the stiff movement system it will be the day i will be really happy.

Upvote 0
You can only talk about ArmA 2 after playing with ACE2 + ACRE on a tactical community like ShackTac, United Operations, 7cav and others.

I know what stuff you're talking about here and I've played those mods and read all about tactical communities and it's all pretty damn great, but not everyone is going to bother going to those lengths, hence why they'd prefer RO. As I said, not everyone has the fortitude or the patience for ArmA and similar games.

Upvote 0