• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] Bots commit suicide constantly.

greenlemonade

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2010
Playing through on Hardened, I've found that if I get within 1-15 meters of an enemy bot, they will scream "FOR STALIN!" and charge me.
Even if they are 15 meters away with a PPSH, they don't even fire rounds. I've had 12 Russians rush down a hallway at once, all screaming as I mowed them down. They did not fire a single shot.

Reproduce: Get within 10m or so of enemy bot. THen just stay 3m away but within 10m and they will walk towards you forever trying to melee.

I also find that my own bots constantly run in front of me and are in-turn, shot.

I'm loving the single player, but this programming glitch is starting to ruin it for me :(

Last edited:
I was actually refering mainly to the HUGE "go melee" radius of bots.

Bots almost always disregard their weapons and try to melee when within 15 M or so.

This should be drastically decreased AND they should still use weapons instead of melee at point blank sometimes. Humans do too after all.

As much as I LOVE the bayonette, even in the civil war, it accounted for less than 1% of casualties.

Upvote 0