• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spare weapons.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
I want to see, on certain maps, spare weapons lying around, mainly for defensive maps like Pavlovs house or the Grain Elevator.

Now there wouldn't be huge endless armories of guns, since it would most likely have been collected from dead people, and no special guns like MG's or snipers, maybe just rifles, smg's, and pistols, but they could be spare backup weapons for different situations.

Say you were defending a bunker, shooting with a bolt from 200 meters away, and then the enemy starts to close in, you could pickup a spare pistol or SMG to use, vice versa.

But the weapons always disappear from dead bodies, and if they didn't there would be 500 guns lying on the ground, just having some spare guns up against a wall on certain maps would be good.

Then if you don't find it in time, you don't, and thats too bad.

We don't need to add to the dead persons gun lying around

Upvote 0
I think it would add a lot to the game experience if casualties actually did 'pile up' and corpses, weapons, damage decals etc would stay longer than normal. It would be awesome to see RO2 maps go from looking lightly damaged to battered war zones.

They said that at Pavlovs house in real life, the Russians would have to go out and kick down the piles of dead German bodies in between attacks so they wouldn't form a defensive barrier, I would like to see corpses last longer.

Upvote 0
Since I assume at this stage of the gun's life it was still 'experimental', I just have to wonder if magazine pouches had been made for it yet.

I know in Vietnam we didn't have pouches for the 30 round M16 magazines when they first appeared. Some used canteen holders to tote them around. I have some pics around here somewhere. If I can find them I'll scan them.

Upvote 0
Perhaps dead bodies could stick around a little longer? + dead peoples weapons?

That would be really good, it seems weird being in a battered war zone, but there are only 10 bodies lying around at the most, also trying to pick up a weapon was very annoying in Ost-Front as they would disappear as you were trying to pick them up ...

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Since I assume at this stage of the gun's life it was still 'experimental', I just have to wonder if magazine pouches had been made for it yet.

I know in Vietnam we didn't have pouches for the 30 round M16 magazines when they first appeared. Some used canteen holders to tote them around. I have some pics around here somewhere. If I can find them I'll scan them.

What?

Upvote 0