• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's make a difference

It's 60% bodyshot +50% headshot. 110% without a bodyshot bonus.
That should mean less bodyshot damage while the headshot damage remains the same.
Unless my math is off. I am bad with numbers.

100*1.5*1.6 = 240

100*2.1 = 210

The hs bnonus should be 140%, But I prefer not to change this for now. This can give big problems for sharpshooter to down stalkers or crawler, even there are only 2-3 of them around.

AND M14 IS FINE NOW. The damage is also reduced. No way you can spam without running out of ammo. You cannot stun gorefasts, cannot one body shot to kill stalkers, and you need 2 shots to kill sirens and husk, 10 for fps (6-man suicidal). PERFECTLY FINE AT THIS MOMENT.

Upvote 0
100*1.5*1.6 = 240

100*2.1 = 210

Okay, my math fails.
Removing that change to avoid collateral damage.

Edit:

Changes:

+made the firebug loadout change more important (it's an actual balance change, there's no reason for it to be the least important thing)
+Flamer change is more important

-"remote pipebomb" removed (It's way more than changing numbers, instead I increased the price of pipebombs for lv6 demos to 100 each (from 28). That should make spam harder.)
-sell value lowering of weapons you spawn with removed (altering sell values is something that can't be suggested)
-dual pistols changes removed (They aren't exactly crucial for balance)
-melee right click = alternate attack removed (I don't wanna have too many suggestions that have nothing to do with balance)
-Axe/machete changes are less important (not crucial for balance)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Duh. And YOU alone know whats best for the rest of the community? M14 made you a god, how can you deny that the weapon didnt deserve the nerf?

No The LAR made me feel like god... I only used the M14 in OH **** situations. Cause I'd always run out of ammo before 30 - 50 left on hard
when I'd get it a around round 6/10. (note this was when I was level 3 and 4)
To me the LAR shoots to fast as well but, the M14 didn't need a mag reduction just a weight heighten.

P.S. I use Commando way more than SS.
P.S.S After this update all I use is Firebug and Commando.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No The LAR made me feel like god... I only used the M14 in OH **** situations. Cause I'd always run out of ammo before 30 - 50 left on hard
when I'd get it a around round 6/10. (note this was when I was level 3 and 4)
To me the LAR shoots to fast as well but, the M14 didn't need a mag reduction just a weight heighten.

P.S. I use Commando way more than SS.
P.S.S After this update all I use is Firebug and Commando.

Stop complaining, the M14 will not get buffed. No one else wants to buff the M14 and if anything, it'l probably be nerfed even more so.

Reactions: Third Eye
Upvote 0
Except, the majority of gamers play hard. The weapons should be balanced like this at normal / hard. 10 Headshots with the laser is still extremely easy, where as a mag of AA12 rounds wouldn't kill it, AFAIK.

If you only play hard and complaining, you should be palying suicidal.
If you are playing hard and not complaining, why post?

And you are talking about 1 on 1, of cos its easy, I can knife a fleshpound to death without dying using zerker or medic, so? I should complain knife being too powerful? HOW MANY TIMES you can face a fleshpound 1 on 1 without any distraction on 6-man suicidal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey 9_6, is it very hard to alter the HP values of the zeds and the specific resistance to headshots of certain zeds on hard and suicidal?

I see much information about altering weapon-damage and ammo-count, but no digits for the poor Zeds.

If you adjust one or a few weapons, it just affects those weapons. If you touch ANYTHING about zeds, it affects EVERY WEAPONS. So, that is not going to happen in mouths at least. If you make some change such as adding new kind of zeds or change some values to certain zeds, the effect is too large and need much time to test.

Upvote 0
If you adjust one or a few weapons, it just affects those weapons. If you touch ANYTHING about zeds, it affects EVERY WEAPONS. So, that is not going to happen in mouths at least. If you make some change such as adding new kind of zeds or change some values to certain zeds, the effect is too large and need much time to test.
It would not change the mutual ratio to each weapon. I dont see that changing the Zed's values would introduce a change to each and every weapon. Each weapon gets less effective, that would be correct.

The balance shifts somewhat, making the game possibly harder on hard and suicidal. This could help solve the problem of the veteran packed servers finding suicidal a cakewalk on most of the maps.

The discussion of the unbalances between the weapons would still be there, but it would be of less importance.

Upvote 0
It would not change the mutual ratio to each weapon. I dont see that changing the Zed's values would introduce a change to each and every weapon. Each weapon gets less effective, that would be correct.

The balance shifts somewhat, making the game possibly harder on hard and suicidal. This could help solve the problem of the veteran packed servers finding suicidal a cakewalk on most of the maps.

The discussion of the unbalances between the weapons would still be there, but it would be of less importance.
You dont see my point. If you change zeds' data, that will make some weapons too powerful than intended and some weapons too weak.

Say increase the head health and total health of clots, that may make ak cannot one-shot decaping a clot while pump shotgun still able to one-shot killing a roll of clots. That makes the shotgun have to be nerfed, and may be another weapon become too powerful, so X and Y also need to nerf, and Z being too weak and needs to buff. This will lead to a HUGE project of balancing.

Upvote 0
While the M14 does have fully automatic capabilities, most M14s were modified for semi auto only. Do you know why? The insane recoil! If the M14 was realistically done at L6 SS then there'd be no problem at all.

An unperked M14 should be the level of recoil L6 Sharpshooter gets. There should be no recoil reduction for the M14.

I mean't that everybody is lucky that they didn't make it a Semi auto and Automatic... The Recoil does need to be higher for SS's though.

Upvote 0
I think I'm gonna be too late for this, and I imagine I'm probably in the minority but here goes.

In my opinion the Flamethrower doesn't need an extra Canister... or a weight drop to be honest. The Mac 10 already addresses issues like ammo and Spike damage, and whether people think the Mac is overpowered or not, the Flamethrower is fine.

Giving the FT more ammo just makes the Firebug a spray and pray class with no thought for conservation or caution.

Sadly I'm just 1 voice in several hundred, but I perosnally will be quite upset to see this change implemented on teh Firebug.

Upvote 0
I think I'm gonna be too late for this, and I imagine I'm probably in the minority but here goes.

In my opinion the Flamethrower doesn't need an extra Canister... or a weight drop to be honest. The Mac 10 already addresses issues like ammo and Spike damage, and whether people think the Mac is overpowered or not, the Flamethrower is fine.

Giving the FT more ammo just makes the Firebug a spray and pray class with no thought for conservation or caution.

Sadly I'm just 1 voice in several hundred, but I perosnally will be quite upset to see this change implemented on teh Firebug.

Agreed. Extra ammo would only prompt mindless spraying. With the MAC10 as back-up weapon a FB can hardly run out of ammo

Upvote 0
You dont see my point. If you change zeds' data, that will make some weapons too powerful than intended and some weapons too weak.

Say increase the head health and total health of clots, that may make ak cannot one-shot decaping a clot while pump shotgun still able to one-shot killing a roll of clots. That makes the shotgun have to be nerfed, and may be another weapon become too powerful, so X and Y also need to nerf, and Z being too weak and needs to buff. This will lead to a HUGE project of balancing.
Ok, thanks. Now I understand your point. You're right.

Upvote 0