• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
I finally tried INS...

Let me tell you this, we got it good with RO, really good.

Ain't in this whole world an infantry FPS that is as fluid and polished as RO is.

Now, IF ONLY somebody was skilled and smart enough to make a modern infantery mod for RO... because, ok, it's great and all but I can't be playing ww2 all my life, right? ;)

Upvote 0
Sniping feels so amazing in Insurgency, too. Even better than RO, which has been my favorite game to snipe people in til now.

Sniping is amazing in INS? No bullet drop or travel time, but hitscan instakill delivered with a scope. Sniping is so damn easy in INS that even I manage to do it, and I suck at sniping in RO.

Upvote 0
I'm getting tired of Insurgency after a few days. The maps are small and limited like in DODs and you often spawn too close to the action. Some maps are very restrictive and channel both teams to the same chokepoints over and over. It gets old really fast.

Most fights are very short and take place at less than 50m. Players die from 1 or 2 shots anywhere on their bodies and aiming is generally easy.

Half of the weapons are not fun to use at all and the good ones are limited. The primary objective for half the players is "find a better gun".

Upvote 0
Half of the weapons are not fun to use at all and the good ones are limited. The primary objective for half the players is "find a better gun".

Exactly. Last night i was stuck with only 2 options, either a shotgun or RPG.
First of all, the shotgun is fecking useless, and seems out of place. That could just be me, though.
The RPG is easier to imagine being used, but then you only get 3 rockets and a ****ty pistol. IRL people both have an AT weapon and a normal rifle. Why cant we get an AK too?
And why use it against soft infantry, wich can be taken down just as easily with regular rifles, instead of armoured targets? I'm sure i'd save my RPG's for the american bradleys and whatnot, instead of wasting them on infantry.
And is it my, or is there no projectile arc? Or is it just barely noticeable?
Anyway, i had to wait like 15 minutes for another person to join, so he could enable choosing a second team, and finally getting a decent weapon.

I dont get why people complain about the squad leader's weapon though.
Sure, its single shot only, but IMO sights are clearer then AK. It's still a good rifle. I think the single shot thing is mostly to discourage people from running and gunning forward, and instead to keep them staying back giving orders and snipe a bit more.

Again, i'd post this on their forums, if only they allowed me to confirm my account -_-

Upvote 0
Their forum mods are losing it. Apparently I lost my posting privileges for insulting someone, who insulted me, and now they have to approve my posts before it appears (they don't most of the time). I see plenty of flaming on those forums. Even their "respected veterans" do it, but as soon as I do it just once... and they don't even respond to my PMs either.

They punished the wrong guy here - apparently they don't want me to help make the mod become better?

Their loss, not mine.

By the way, the weapon selection screen is exactly like in RO - first come, first serve. If you're the first guy who loads the map, you can select from all weapons (assuming you don't end up with the wrong gun:D). But still, riflemen should be unlimited.

Upvote 0
Their forum mods are losing it. Apparently I lost my posting privileges for insulting someone, who insulted me, and now they have to approve my posts before it appears (they don't most of the time). I see plenty of flaming on those forums. Even their "respected veterans" do it, but as soon as I do it just once... and they don't even respond to my PMs either.
Didn't you call somebody a cocksucker because of a minor comment he made about your comment? :D that would explain it. ;)

Upvote 0
I have to admit, I'm getting over it fast. Initially I was playing it a fair bit, bugs and all, but I honestly just can't get motivated to fire it up anymore and it's only been out for a week. It just doesn't feel overly realistic, despite their intentions, and I find myself getting extremely frustrated over pretty much the same things as I do when I play CoD 2. Perhaps in a few versions, once it's had time to evolve and become polished, then it may hold more long term interest. Right now though, a session of this has a lot in common with one of my CSS/DoDS sessions. i.e. I play for 20 minutes, swear uncontrollably, regardless of how well I'm doing score-wise, and quit the game.

Upvote 0
I have to admit, I'm getting over it fast. Initially I was playing it a fair bit, bugs and all, but I honestly just can't get motivated to fire it up anymore and it's only been out for a week. It just doesn't feel overly realistic, despite their intentions, and I find myself getting extremely frustrated over pretty much the same things as I do when I play CoD 2. Perhaps in a few versions, once it's had time to evolve and become polished, then it may hold more long term interest. Right now though, a session of this has a lot in common with one of my CSS/DoDS sessions. i.e. I play for 20 minutes, swear uncontrollably, regardless of how well I'm doing score-wise, and quit the game.

I was afraid of something like that. :( I was thinking of downloading the game this weekend, as an old team of mine is getting into it and have 2 servers, etc. But, I fear it would be just like DoD:S, a soldiers-on-amphetamines-run&gun-twitch 'fest for Johnny-ADD.

Bummer.

Upvote 0
Didn't you call somebody a cocksucker because of a minor comment he made about your comment? :D that would explain it. ;)

Nah that guy called me a "****ing idiot" because I happened to disagree with the fact that some CS-kiddies stole weapon models from the INS team and put them on their site. Guess that's normal in the Source community. I could of course reason with him but that wouldn't work anyway, so I told him to suck it. :D Now I can't post anymore, but the other flamers (I'm not a flamer btw) still can. Fair world isn't it? :D

I was afraid of something like that. :( I was thinking of downloading the game this weekend, as an old team of mine is getting into it and have 2 servers, etc. But, I fear it would be just like DoD:S, a soldiers-on-amphetamines-run&gun-twitch 'fest for Johnny-ADD.

Bummer.

Nah it's not like DoD at all. Running and gunning works better in RO than in INS. In INS you get massive recoil if you shoot from the hip. Plus, there is hardly any nadespam which is refreshing after playing RO for years.

Upvote 0
Like there is no teamkilling in RO :rolleyes::p

Not to that point.

Don't get me wrong, Its a very good Mod/game !:eek:

I would still like to know how does the point system work.

The Grenadier does not count, its broke.

In fact I did check out the US sniper dis-alignment, off line, (patched).

As I said, Should be a good "clan game".

I do not have a lot of time to play, so ...

Nice CS/DOD mix !:cool:.

Upvote 0
Nah it's not like DoD at all. Running and gunning works better in RO than in INS. In INS you get massive recoil if you shoot from the hip. Plus, there is hardly any nadespam which is refreshing after playing RO for years.

Lol? I'd say run and gunning is MUCH easier in INS then it is in RO.
This is mainly due to the big hitboxes of players and the close quarters combat style of gameplay, but also the free-aiming of weapons is not nearly big enough, and you still allways know where your weapon is pointing at.
The comment about massive recoil is bull**** IMHO. There is SOME recoil, but again due to map design this does not matter all that much, since there is not much room other then the enemies body bullets could go to :D

Upvote 0