• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stop Refreshing List, button

GET TO WORK TRIPWIRE ADD AN OPTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get to work? What, do you think they're lazy? TWI has the most implicated devs i've ever seen, seriously. Regardless, the idea would be interesting but it doesn't bother me much. I just wait until most of the servers are loaded up (which takes only few seconds) and choose whatever pleases me.

Upvote 0
Get to work? What, do you think they're lazy? TWI has the most implicated devs i've ever seen, seriously. Regardless, the idea would be interesting but it doesn't bother me much. I just wait until most of the servers are loaded up (which takes only few seconds) and choose whatever pleases me.

YES!!!! GET TO WORk... its something really important that should be put into the game IMMEDIATELY

Reactions: timur and 9_6
Upvote 0
YES!!!! GET TO WORk... its something really important that should be put into the game IMMEDIATELY

demanding little **** arent you? Something about presentation of an idea escapes you...

IMO as it takes only about 5 seconds to completely refresh the list if you use your filters to remove servers you wouldent join anyways, the one thing I would like to see added to the browser is that if I select a particular server while it is updating, that server should not be pushed off of the part of the list I am viewing. After selecting a particular item that should lock my view of the list and bring in all updates above or below it as necessary due to ordering.

Reactions: timur and dogbadger
Upvote 0
Agreed, we've been begging for it for a long time but they haven't given us it so I assume either A) it's not possible or B) they don't know how to do it. There's also C) they don't think it's important enough to spend time on, but we all know that's nonsense.

I just hate trying to join a server only for it to fail for some reason requiring me to wait yet again for the list to load. And for me it usually takes about 10+ seconds to fully load the list. Sure it's not really a long time but other games don't force this on me.

Upvote 0
instead of trying to double click a server you like the look of, click it once. Once satisfied you have clicked the server you actually do want to join, press enter. This is faster than any 'stop refresh' button would be.

Is that... it?

That's why people keep demanding this feature?
I've been wondering why this is such a big deal.
I always click once (those lines of text are too thin to doubleclick for me anyway =P) and push the button but if this is solely meant to appease people incapable of stopping to doubleclick then what's the point?
Especially if you need to click a button to stop the refreshing anyway. Irony much?

Really that's all? You want to doubleclick those tiny lines of text?
Come on, there has to be a better reason to keep nagging about this feature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed, we've been begging for it for a long time but they haven't given us it so I assume either A) it's not possible or B) they don't know how to do it. There's also C) they don't think it's important enough to spend time on, but we all know that's nonsense
A) Too simple feature to be not possible. All online games these days have it. I am sure TWI won't let us stay long way behind future
B) That's the game made by them ffs. They sure know how
C) I bet if they see the topics and posts they KNOW we need it and is worth doing it.

Conclusion: TWI, please, READ THIS :IS2:

Reactions: Benjamin and 9_6
Upvote 0
to the guy saying just single click and then press enter -
the point is, when the servers update/refresh your highlighted choice changes or moves - that is the issue.
If this could be prevented, a stop refresh option wouldn't be so neccessary, if at all.

filters for short/normal/long would be very useful, and for map name would be nice but prob not a big deal.

Upvote 0
This is important!

This is important!

We need a button to stop the refreshing!
When I try to click on a server to join in it refreshes and that causes me to join a different game that I did not want to join.
I noticed the original post was 2 years ago...I've been playing for a year, and 2 years is too long for me to wait for a stop refresh button. It's annoying when the servers refresh and I join an unwanted server!!

Upvote 0
Lol I am so for this. The servers in my local area that I play are about 30+ servers; And when I click Internet, they list.. and list...
Then I see a game that has 4 / 6 people; Oh joy. I click it, and then suddenly MOOOOOORE load and it gets nudged so far down I have no clue where it is.
I've adapted to a degree by using the arrow keys, rather than double clicking to enter a game I didn't... But even with the arrow keys, it's still difficult to keep up with the servers listing.

Then when it stops listing, and you find your server; SURPRISE! Nudge, nudge, nudge down again.

It's annoying, and I totally agree to it.

Upvote 0
Oh my goodness this is so true. I remember when i first started playing before useing the buttons on the bottom of the screen it was a battle just trying to get to a map you want just as Rainbowcakes mentioned. it's funny though now i play harder challage settings i don't seem to have this problem anymore. THIS idea is a very good one and should be added indeed :D

Upvote 0
If I recall, Killing Floor's server browser is almost exactly the same as UT3's (it's base game). It's not a huge problem for me as I just favourite all of the Sui/HoE servers under 100 ping, which saves me 20 seconds of loading all the servers.

If TWI does want to do something about this however, the most important feature to add would be a ping limiter. This would probably reduce the server list by 80%, removing all the unplayable servers and just leaving the ones you want. Depending on how it's coded it could reduce the refresh times as well.

Upvote 0
^ yes there are plenty of possibilities that can help the problem, and this would be particularly usefull.

I've never considered the default unreal browsers very good in the first place, however i really don't understand why the highlighted choice changes when you are updating the list, as it seems inconsistant.
I dare say this is a possible reason why some low level perk players end up joining difficult servers, and cause so much frustration to the players there as well as themselves.

Upvote 0