• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Personalised commands

Dolphin Buff Man

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Victoria, Australia
Just thinking that you could have in the commands menu (when you click v) another section (say 7) that allows you to have a set number of personalised commands. This would be useful for saying something as simple as "nice shot" to "get the hell inside because i ain't coming out there to heal you and all you do is use up other peoples money you oxygen thief". So you could make up whatever, this could be set in the menu/settings window.

What do you guys think? I reckon it would be quite useful, but obviously everyone would have their own commands which could really speed up communication.

Reactions: blackfire
quick question.

would this be a list of "self made" lines, so you have to type them in somewhere first?

or are we supposed to pick a few from a specific list?

*i support*
- nice shot!
- stop hoarding!
- stop standing there and fall back/move up!
- do your job and kill something!
- get in here or get left out!
- what is your problem? (WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUT?)
- do you want the truth? (if someone replies with yes) YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH! (srry, i had to :p)

also
- CLOTH HERE / watch the graby bastards
- BLOAT HERE / watch out, fatso
- STALKER HERE / watch the invisible women
- GOREFAST HERE / watch out, Canadians! (good name for gorefast, anyone?)
- CRAWLER HERE / watch the bugs
- PEELZ HERE
- FLESHPOUND HERE / watch out! FLESHPUND!!!!
- SCRAKE HERE / watch out! SCRAKE!
- HUSK HERE / watch out! husk!
- ITS THE PATRIACH! / WATCH OUT, DADDY IS COMING

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess you guess never made games yourself.

Voice acting:
1) People that TWI hired before, might not be around anymore
2) Voice changes / Recording setup
3) Additional Costs

It will be much easier to remake all voice and add new lines. Adding additional lines are very rare, since it have to fulfill those 3 points above.

And I don't think changing voices are really what developers looking into. Since it's kinda traditional. Nobody wanna their job being replaced.

So I don't think it's realizable... unless I could gather some good voice actors I know from UK, and ask them to record a bunch of lines, edit them and luckily whitelist them? No idea if it possible, but I see as the only way to bring more voices to KF.

Upvote 0
Yeah, certainly text command, I have no idea how you could make it do voice commands and why would you, get a microphone? :rolleyes:
Yeah, i just thought that if you type them in the settings/option window, maybe you get a one set of 5 spaces.

If you do it through the console, does it set it as a permanent possibilty? So will I be able to use it in any match?

Upvote 0