• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Xienen about Killing floor 2

Carl Gustav

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
xienen.png

I got his permission to post this if anyone's asking

Last edited:
Reactions: SIMOX and mamoo
To be honest, I don't want a KF2 to be released for at least 2 more years.
As long as the game's still updated ...

Well, if there's gonna be a KF2, I feel that it should contain everything we've loved from the first game, to begin with. We must never lose the Bullpup, or the Winchester as a start. We can get rid of the M14, though. :p:p:p:p

Upvote 0
Well, if there's gonna be a KF2, I feel that it should contain everything we've loved from the first game, to begin with. We must never lose the Bullpup, or the Winchester as a start. We can get rid of the M14, though. :p:p:p:p

LoLz xD

Assuming it is made I'd pretty much just like to see alot of the more awesome ideas of ROHoS included in KF2. Like using iron sights on scoped weapons, and fingers crossed a story mode! :D

I swear there aren't many games about nowadays that make me do a little dance in my chair, but RO is one of them :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I kinda hope KF2 doesn't come out for a while, KF1 still has some life and as a modder/mapper, it is kinda of a pain to keep moving from game to game, its nice to stay in one place for a while.

Same engine, though. The transition isn't too much if you ask me. And anyway, if there is a KF2, I imagine that it will hold greater moddability. KF1 has quite a few limitations that can only be combatted with dodgy workarounds. Look at story maps and some weapon mods, for a starter. Kick3r's hive map doesn't end properly (unless I'm wrong somewhere) and JC's Mk23 has bugs for dual-wielding that can't be fixed due to KF's hardcoding.

Reactions: SIMOX
Upvote 0
nope, don't want a KF2 either (yet).
i would hate KF to turn out like L4D did....

but when it comes(if it comes) i would like it if the KF1 owners could beta test it :p
or get better yet, get a discount on the game. :p

A few cosmetic quirks could be nice. Like, you'd be able to get the characters you paid for in the original KF to be unlocked in the new KF (same design, just with greater detail) or you could get grittier, battle-hardened versions of the original 6. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Same engine, though. The transition isn't too much if you ask me. And anyway, if there is a KF2, I imagine that it will hold greater moddability. KF1 has quite a few limitations that can only be combatted with dodgy workarounds. Look at story maps and some weapon mods, for a starter. Kick3r's hive map doesn't end properly (unless I'm wrong somewhere) and JC's Mk23 has bugs for dual-wielding that can't be fixed due to KF's hardcoding.

True, UE3 is much more powerful too but still, the community is still making mods for KF1(which is not that old) and once [If] KF2 comes out, the player base moves and any mods become obsolete unless they are remade for KF2.

Upvote 0
If there they ever make a KF2, then they'd most likely use UE3 and KF runs on a modified version of UE2/2.5 and the two versions (ue2/ue3) are vastly different. Most of the code for UE3 was completely new, unlike the many gradual transitions brought over from UE1 to UE2.

UE3 is constantly evolving. UT3's version of UE3 isn't even close to being compatible with the current version of the UDK's UE3. It's ridiculous how different it is now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
True, UE3 is much more powerful too but still, the community is still making mods for KF1(which is not that old) and once [If] KF2 comes out, the player base moves and any mods become obsolete unless they are remade for KF2.

Yes, but there's a few things like models and animations that won't need changing (if I'm right) most of the mods that call for revivals will already have most of the work done. The only niggle is going to get it implemented again.

If there they ever make a KF2, then they'd most likely use UE3 and KF runs on a modified version of UE2/2.5 and the two versions (ue2/ue3) are vastly different. Most of the code for UE3 was completely new, unlike the many gradual transitions brought over from UE1 to UE2.

UE3 is constantly evolving. UT3's version of UE3 isn't even close to being compatible with the current version of the UDK's UE3. It's ridiculous how different it is now.

I guess so. From a mapper's point of view, though, it seems more like an improvement rather than a call for adjustment (except that we're all gonna be working in the additive paradigm!).

Upvote 0
Killing Floor is far from dead, and still has some time to go; TWI games are well known for ridiculuos long lives (you can still find a game in ROOst after, what, 4 or 5 years?). We know that they have their sights on ROHoS at the moment, and we probably won't see the team moving on until RoHoS is past the early stages of bugfixing and the team is loosened up to work on other things.

Upvote 0
we probably won't see the team moving on until RoHoS is past the early stages of bugfixing and the team is loosened up to work on other things.

I don't think we got any real RO2 announcements until after KF's Level-Up DLC. After the DLC, the team had a holiday. Ramm said he went to Disneyland, IIRC. Awesome place. So you can bet on a long break of nothing after RO2's release. *party hard*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UDK/UT3 editor is 100x more complex that Unreal Engine 2's editor.

damn. I just thought I might look into it; 2 was pretty complex, but I think if I put a little effort into it, I could use it pretty easy (warning: look at least at a basic tutorial before opening it. It looks really difficult, especially all the viewports.)

Upvote 0