• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
The MP41 was in the mod, but iirc it didn't make the cut when OST came around. I honestly can't see the MP41 being added to HoS as there is so little difference compared to the MP40. If it does make an appearance, I highly doubt it will be in release content. More like later added content.

As far as the stock is concerned, my money's on it being extended all the time. In game terms, there's no benefit in having it retracted. i.e. There's no good reason to spend the extra development time on it when there are so many other pressing items needing attention.

Upvote 0
i noticed in 2 different pictures the stock is folded and unfolded. That is a good sign.

Look at the left soldier
RO2_PR_Screenshot_GrainElevator_Interior_B.jpg

Left soldier here has the stock folded
Basement_Tactical.jpg

Upvote 0
The second screenshot is one of the first they ever released, back in 2009, so I wouldn't take anything you see there for granted.

Yeah I get the sense that the were originally all folded MP40's and now they are all unfolded.

I'd rather have them make all the MP40's unfolded, seeing as there is no real way to replicate the advantages, such as increased mobility, of a folded stock in-game.

Upvote 0
I love the MP41, I do hope that makes an appearance; wooden furniture is so awesome. With a realism oriented game like RO, you shouldn't be thinking about "balance" or "differences" between certain weapons. If there's the time, you may as well add it for diversity.

If there's the time, then the MP41 should be made, it'd be very easy to do. It shares about 40% of the mp40's model, so there woudln't be too much work to do. If not in the initial release, I would like to see it in a content booster :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I get the sense that the were originally all folded MP40's and now they are all unfolded.

I'd rather have them make all the MP40's unfolded, seeing as there is no real way to replicate the advantages, such as increased mobility, of a folded stock in-game.

Maybe the folded version would have a wider dead-zone with higher mouse sensitivity, for making quicker reactions...

Actually that sounds like it would aggravate people.

Upvote 0

well, what they could do is have lower hip-fire recoil when folded, and lower ironsight recoil when unfolded.

Reactions: Roland777
Upvote 0