• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Instead of releasing character packs DLCs

Whitelisted maps FROM the COMMUNITY, handpicked and polished further as official DLCs.

How on earth that would kill the mappers community? Plz explain?

And banning/blocking the community built maps availability ARE NOT included in my suggestion. I don't know how many times I've said this already in this very thread.

Really man. I'm puzzled with your way of thinking. And where did you get that idea of the official map DLCs automatically ban the maps publicly available?

Either that above, or what Slavek suggested. Make it available on KF steam page.

Jesus, this hardly even deserves an answer. You really should think your "ideas" out a lot more. I think you've had enough information thrown at you for you to figure it out. Tbh, I call troll.

:troll:

Anyway, I do like SlaveK's idea. Perhaps it should be possible to pick maps from the entire whitelist off of steam? It'd be a lot easier for the players who moan about not being able to find whitelisted maps, and if they wanna try unwhitelisted maps, they can come onto the forum's level design section. :IS2:

Upvote 0
u mad?

Now you're acting like a crybaby. You're started doing personal attack here.

I don't force you to come here. You went to this topic by your own. I don't need to prove anything. Each side have their own opinion. You have your right to say your opinion I have mine. Fair enough?

Everyone? Nope. Just the trolls who got lack of reading skills. That's probably less than 10 in this thread (I dunno. Count em yourself. I'm too lazy to do such useless task) out of +5000 players recorded by steam stat. What makes that bunch of trolls fall into the cathegory of "everyone"? You disagreed with someone and represent yourself as "everyone". Very mature.

And I would bet not all players those +5000 players registered in this forum too.

Which one did you disagreed into?

PvP? Somebody said TWI has scraped it. So why does it bothering you so much?

Map packs as payed DLC? The only good argument I get is it'll kill the mapper community. I've broke em and it's pretty much nonsense. Others are pretty much self-explained : they are taking that I'm suggesting transforming KF into COD (huh :confused:) or some attention whore take it that I wanted COD game mode in KF. WTF really? Since when did I suggested that? Talk about stupidity eh?

And I have agreed on other alternative suggested by slavek such as including the selected ones in the steam page.

Oh I don't care about rep. in this forum.
Hahahahahah, you apparently missed the point; that's a lot of rage right there :troll:

Upvote 0
I appreciate civilized response.
Sorry I don't reply to attention seeker. Don't junk in my thread. Your lack of understanding of my suggestions have derailed MY thread.
>Calling someone directly responding to your post an attention seeker and saying they are derailing the thread :troll:
Now, who is being silly?

You are responding reasonable only when you think you can and call others attention seeking, derailing, PvP hating, personal attacking trolls otherwise.

TWI has already gone above and beyond the level of support most AAA game receive after release and they want to focus on improving the game, relying on KF's unique style and gameplay to keep people coming and working to release lots of community content.

Taking a quick look in the map forums you can easily find 25 maps of good quality quickly, but you don't have to because dedicated servers can host them without you having them. Mods and muts only make the game even better. If people want KF-deathmatch they would be better served to play UT since KF was originally a UT2004 mod anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry I don't reply to attention seeker. If you want to get attention go post somewhere else or make your own topic. Don't junk in my thread. Your lack of understanding of my suggestions have derailed MY thread.

Your thread? Tell that to Zips when he locks it and infracts you.

u mad?

Now you're acting like a crybaby. You're started doing personal attack here.

Your doing a personal attack on the forums by trolling it.

I don't force you to come here. You went to this topic by your own. I don't need to prove anything. Each side have their own opinion. You have your right to say your opinion I have mine. Fair enough?

It didn't seem like I had a right to say my opinion especially when you just directly insulted me and didn't bother to read it, I presume.

Everyone? Nope. Just the trolls who got lack of reading skills. That's probably less than 10 in this thread (I dunno. Count em yourself. I'm too lazy to do such useless task) out of +5000 players recorded by steam stat. What makes that bunch of trolls fall into the cathegory of "everyone"? You disagreed with someone and represent yourself as "everyone". Very mature.

LOL.

Map packs as payed DLC? The only good argument I get is it'll kill the mapper community. I've broke em and it's pretty much nonsense. Others are pretty much self-explained : they are taking that I'm suggesting transforming KF into COD (huh :confused:) or some attention whore take it that I wanted COD game mode in KF. WTF really? Since when did I suggested that? Talk about stupidity eh?

Oh the irony. Your taking a gamemod from COD and putting it into KF which is actually silently transforming KF into COD and not just COD (eg - CS:S,BF, UT, etc...)

Oh I don't care about rep. in this forum.

You should.

cheers.

Answers are in the bold font.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jesus, this hardly even deserves an answer. You really should think your "ideas" out a lot more. I think you've had enough information thrown at you for you to figure it out. Tbh, I call troll.

:troll:

This is your only respond that differ from "blocking" the community map availability (which you're assuming was included in official paid mappack DLCs)

Oh great, that's just a few people who aren't hit by the ****ty end of the stick. Mappers get money. Some mappers try really hard and get outshined by another and nobody ever enjoys their product. The playing community has to spend money and miss out on many potential maps that could've been there.

Mappers don't get money and you want to play everything free :|

Maps that were done profesionally should've got better qualities compared those were done in spare times.

"Outshined" by another. That's how the world works buddy. you don't compete, you don't grow then say goodbye to your very own existence.

Even when it's free, sure there're no maps abandoned out there without anybody noticing it? Sure there aren't maps that's soo bad nobody play it?

If that's still a miss... remind me.

Or perhaps your term... "splitting the community"? I don't really get where this going with map packs :| PvP perhaps... but not maps.

Take a look around the community is "diversed" already. Newbies, normal players, suicidal players, elitist and such. Now the most replied topic seems the thread that has something to do with patches being tested by "normal" players.

Sooo... are we gonna eliminate the different difficulty levels in KF for the sake of keeping the community from splitting to players from differend difficulty levels? :|

Anyway, I do like SlaveK's idea. Perhaps it should be possible to pick maps from the entire whitelist off of steam? It'd be a lot easier for the players who moan about not being able to find whitelisted maps, and if they wanna try unwhitelisted maps, they can come onto the forum's level design section. :IS2:

glad we have agreement. I don't like the entire whitelisted maps posted on steam tho. Only those with good qualities. If that too much of a hassle for TWI to hand-select them... so let's back to my first suggestion again : paid map pack DLC for the hassle :)

TWI has already gone above and beyond the level of support most AAA game receive after release and they want to focus on improving the game, relying on KF's unique style and gameplay to keep people coming and working to release lots of community content.

perhaps hardcore gamers will notice the community contents that went to forums to discuss deep strategies, formations, weapon balance and such.

People like me, don't care much about those stuffs... I'm having fun with KF and that's all I care. And I don't like playtesting out from the 1000+ maps to extend the game replayability with decent maps. I won't mind spare extra bucks to extend the life of my copy of KF.

cheers gentlemen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angry Hillbilly
Upvote 0
This is your only respond that differ from "blocking" the community map availability (which you're assuming was included in official paid mappack DLCs)

He never said that.

Mappers don't get money and you want to play everything free :|

Actually if your in a competetion and you win you get money for making the map but players get to play it for free.

Maps that were done profesionally should've got better qualities compared those were done in spare times.

GJ contradicting yourself.

Or perhaps your term... "splitting the community"? I don't really get where this going with map packs :| PvP perhaps... but not maps.

We were talking about PVP splitting the community.

Take a look around the community is "diversed" already. Newbies, normal players, suicidal players, elitist and such. Now the most replied topic seems the thread that has something to do with patches being tested by "normal" players.

Sooo... are we gonna eliminate the different difficulty levels in KF for the sake of keeping the community from splitting to players from differend difficulty levels? :|

Course not.

glad we have agreement. I don't like the entire whitelisted maps posted on steam tho. Only those with good qualities. If that too much of a hassle for TWI to hand-select them... so let's back to my first suggestion again : paid map pack DLC for the hassle :)

It doesn't matter if they are quality maps or not, neither does it matter to ME if they are whitelisted or not. The maps for the whitelist are tested by a very experienced team called KEPT, Killing floor Exploit Prevention Team. They basically do the whitelist approval testing for Killing Floor so TWI doesn't have to. If you are wondering why the don't have the time is the fact that KEPT is Quote: "Better than TWI at testing maps" and they are working on Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad.

People like me, don't care much about those stuffs... I'm having fun with KF and that's all I care. And I don't like playtesting out from the 1000+ maps to extend the game replayability with decent maps. I won't mind spare extra bucks to extend the life of my copy of KF.

Well you won't have to and you never will.

cheers gentlemen.

Answers in bold.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution to extend the replayability of Killing Floor: Download custom mods and maps (regardless of quality and whitelist status). If you want to extend the replayability of KF, you wouldn't be leveling your perks like crazy and instead playing with unwhitelisted maps and mods like me. I even make mods and maps for KF, I have over a dozen mods floating around the forums, go download those and have fun.

Upvote 0
Stop using slippery slopes to justify equivocal strawmans; your argument is a circular and irrelevant.:troll:

Should never allow for vote-locking though. It would only end badly.

I've been found out!
And I agree. Vote-locking would be abused so much.
It's a power...too...powerful for mortals such as us. :[

Upvote 0
ridiculous? Nope.

Unless they cripple the game when they launch it and only after the players bought the "DLC"s the players don't experience the game at its fullest. That's ridiculous.

More varieties of DLCs consisting of elements that helps the replayability of KF do concern me.

As I've said before my suggestion isn't including blocking the availability of the community version of the maps.

BTW I have COD4 not MW2 nor BO. So I don't really give a damn for any of those two.

Yeap I know the updates.

And I figure that it will help both side, the players and TWI if the upcoming new maps got delivered using DLC.

The players get more replayability, TWI get the support. As simple as that.

I definitely would buy maps instead of characters.

everyone? Then why exactly the PvP mutator exist in the first place?

My guess is the PvP shortlived since it's not official. Not everyone's a hardcore like you, barely anyone noticed the availability. And probably not polished very well.

Most of mods from official-supported games ARE shortlived. With an exception of Counter-Strike, which were picked up by valve and make it their official game.

So stop *****ing about it. They scrape it already. Duh? You're here just for the argument are you? Ok you win, whatever. Read the first post. You don't like PvP, post elsewhere.

Glad to be entertaining. I find it quite amusing aswell you choose to spend your time here :) Move on bro.

IF U WANT PVP GO AND PLAY UR COD4. kf is not a pvp game, twi loves its players so dlc will be free in terms of maps, balancing etc. if u want to support them buy kf and its dlc and gift it to people for free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's do it short and clear.

DLC's are one of the disease of the current game industry.

/thread

tell me, what's the diff between "DLC" and "expansion packs" to some current and most older games? The way I see it, DLCs are more of a "mini" expansion pack.

Some companies cheated tho. Some games are crippled and they are selling "DLC" to actually UNLOCK the contents that's already in there in order for players to enjoy the game at its fullest. That's not "DLC". This is the real disease.

Solution to extend the replayability of Killing Floor: Download custom mods and maps (regardless of quality and whitelist status). If you want to extend the replayability of KF, you wouldn't be leveling your perks like crazy and instead playing with unwhitelisted maps and mods like me. I even make mods and maps for KF, I have over a dozen mods floating around the forums, go download those and have fun.

now you can properly post with your OWN style of replying instead of doing copycat of others' style. props for that :cool:

But here we are circling in this kind of argument again.

1. Not all people have the time and energy scavenging through forums and game file servers.
2. Lots of people WILL spent their bucks for good maps, or any DLCs that actually extend the game replayability.
3. I enjoy Killing Floor so much but I don't enjoy playing Killing Floor with crappy maps. I had downloaded few packs which I wasn't care whether it's whitelisted or not. And only few are good. And out from that few, only couple would properly level your perk. For exceptions, the KF-Survival. It maybe crappy but it's cheaper way to level your commando since it throws dozens of stalkers at once.
5. No sir, I'm not the type of person who prefer to spend hours to hand select 1000+ maps available out there for good ones. And I'm sure many people are like me.
6. out of thousands of KF players probably only FEW of em are hardcores that willing to do the point 5th. Others wont even bother knowing there's an official forum for KF or even REALIZING there're actually free good maps out there.
7. just to ensure the paranoids out there and giving them sense of security. My suggestions don't include shutting down support for community-created maps.

We were talking about PVP splitting the community.

See. You're missing the point and raging specifically about PvP. I don't talk specifically about PvP anymore.

Even RIGHT FROM THE START I don't talk specifically about PvP. This whole thread I'm making is about : instead of getting cosmetics DLCs (hands for those who bought it), how about DLCs that ACTUALLY extend the game's replayability. And this is after the 3 pages of this thread has been going on.

Which one of the main reason where the "PvP hater" pops out in my mind. 3 pages of effort in from some people to shutting suggestion of having PvP in KF, while the thread isn't specifically about PvP.

I don't troll btw. I just don't take bull****s.

Happy new year, guise. Have a great party.

Reactions: Angry Hillbilly
Upvote 0