• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just pre-ordered Deluxe and NOT refunding

DeltaElite121

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Haven't played yet, but I gave this one some thought.. Why shouldn't I? I see all of these people cancelling refunds because the beta isn't perfect, and for some - nowhere near it.. but here's the thing - I also know a GOOD group of guys developing a game when I see one. Tripwire deserves a spot in the sun, and I think they've done a great job supporting our gamers and TALKING WITH THEM constructively while not just catering to whiners for a sale. We as gamers need more developers like this or we're going to watch them get swallowed up by the evils of the business via Publishers pushing their weight where they shouldn't.

I signed up here specifically to say thanks. You guys are trying and that's all that matters to me. My 44.99 was well spent, and I've never played RO at all (albeit I've played other such realistic games but I know Tripwire is good for their word). I look forward to joining the community. I liked Killing Floor, but this is more up my alley.

TLDR: Hi everyone, and thank you all @ Tripwire. If you guys get bad reviews - don't let it get to your head because I know you'll fix what needs fixing.. because remember - Diablo 2 didn't get solid reviews either when it was released and look at it now (holding one of the most heralded RPG's in the history of gaming).

Glad to hear it.

And let me say, I don't really think that many people are canceling. I don't see it, except for a thread here or there, and often I think those guys just want to vent about something.. And of those people, maybe a few of them actually cancel, but not all. The reality is, the game is pretty damn addicting.. I feel like even though there are a few things I don't like, or didn't expect, my money has already been well spent for the enjoyment I've had, even in the beta. That's just me.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it.

And let me say, I don't really think that many people are canceling. I don't see it, except for a thread here or there, and often I think those guys just want to vent about something.. And of those people, maybe a few of them actually cancel, but not all. The reality is, the game is pretty damn addicting.. I feel like even though there are a few things I don't like, or didn't expect, my money has already been well spent for the enjoyment I've had, even in the beta. That's just me.

I've been looking for that void to be filled from being an oldschool America's Army player. I think this has it + a LOT more. Don't get me wrong - I don't mind arcade shooters (I pre-ordered BF3 and love BF) but there's just something about the adult audience I like about games like this.. because honestly - you HAVE to be good/smart in games like this. There's no way around it. Perks won't save you in a game built around realism, and that's what I love about it. Raw skill shines.

Upvote 0
While I don't see why you just god the DDE with the BETA over in less then a day, welcome to the club.

The game is good, and will undoubtly become better through patching, cusum maps and mutators.

I honestly didn't buy it for the beta. I threw down the extra money because I support Tripwire. Not a fanboi by any means, but your dollar counts as your vote so to speak.. that and I liked the few other things they threw in for other games (as I own all of them).

Upvote 0
One thing i have always said to people about Tripwire and their games. They make modern games with an old school PC developer mentality.

What i mean by that is they support Modders and Mappers. They will continually patch a game til it is pretty much bug free and runs how it was intended. They release free content, with the exception of Killing Floor's skins, but even their stupendously cheap. They release games that are the retail price PC games used to be retailed at, not at console prices (i'm looking at you CoD series as of late).

It's nice to see that they haven't sold out on us yet.

Plus any Publisher/Developer who utilizes the talents of Simon from the Yogscast gets a plus one in my books.

Upvote 0
Welcome

RO just requires some patients at first but is very rewarding and has an awesome feeling of real war. My advice would be defend or attack the capzones in "Territory" being in the zone gets you lots of points for capping and defending plus bonus points for kills you get there.Learning to master the guns/maps will take time but by doing this you will help you team and get good experience.

Unlike other games RO isn't always about the kills its about teamwork and strategic positioning knowing where to be at any given time.And unlike other games you can do good team playing while you learn the guns and being effective with them.This game really is a breath of fresh air compared to the mainstream games that's pretty much all alike.

If you just want practice with the guns and maps id recommend fire fight its RO's version of other games death match a really nice option for new players.After a while tho you will find the real fun is in territory and countdown matches.Also the "teamplay" will get better when the new wears off and the hardcore players remain. RO has always had a loyal and dedicated core of players.

Hope to see ya in the trenches!

Upvote 0
If youre ever on my team.

Attack!

Or you will find me being very very annoyed with you :D

So if this game is based on realism and we're on the Russians, does this mean a TK is not a TK because that's what they did when they didn't attack when told to? ;)

No worries, I'll adjust to this game quickly based on the other games I used to play. Make no mistake, though - I will probably die a lot the first few days... a lot.

Glad to see a warm community. That's usually a real promising sign.

Upvote 0
I canceled my pre order of the DDE because I was appalled that I had just paid $10 to play a beta that was obviously going to become the final product and still riddled with problems. I did not feel they'd get stuff done in time.

In the future when they've gotten rid of bandaging, fixed squad systems, fixed the guns (terribly incorrect recoil on most), removed the lightspeed stair climbing, added gametypes that didn't suck, kept people from volunteering their pos servers to lag up 64 player games that somehow become filled, fixed the object scaling issues where your characters are midgets running around making it impossible to properly range something, no more recon planes, completely removed the cover system bs, made keys separate so no more going into cover when trying to pick up something or help another player, etc.

Game needs a lot of work still and if they had actually opened up the beta a few weeks earlier it might be better. Still, I will post around here to try and contribute things that would help the game.

Upvote 0
I canceled my pre order of the DDE because I was appalled that I had just paid $10 to play a beta that was obviously going to become the final product and still riddled with problems. I did not feel they'd get stuff done in time.

In the future when they've gotten rid of bandaging, fixed squad systems, fixed the guns (terribly incorrect recoil on most), removed the lightspeed stair climbing, added gametypes that didn't suck, kept people from volunteering their pos servers to lag up 64 player games that somehow become filled, fixed the object scaling issues where your characters are midgets running around making it impossible to properly range something, no more recon planes, completely removed the cover system bs, made keys separate so no more going into cover when trying to pick up something or help another player, etc.

Game needs a lot of work still and if they had actually opened up the beta a few weeks earlier it might be better. Still, I will post around here to try and contribute things that would help the game.

Since I assume you are being srs, I'm just curious why someone would +1 this nonsense.

To the OP, the game might still have teething problems, but I'm sure you will love it. On behalf of TW ty for voting with your wallet.

Reactions: heady89
Upvote 0
The primary concern is not that the reviews will hurt the playerbase's feelings....we know that TW supports their products post-launch like all true heroes do. :IS2:

The concern is that if there are less than fabulous reviews that all the consumer sheeple will wander off to go play Zumba Dance Party on the Wii.

Most game review publications do not re-review games. As a matter of policy. You have one shot, and that's the grade that you get and that all prospective buyers will see.

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0