• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DEAD LOADER/Gunner

CCCP

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
So I was playing in t-34.
My loader/gunner got killed.
Does this mean my tank is useless now?
I could not bail could not shoot. Just was riding around trying to ran over axis.
Does this mean you only have to kill loader to win the tank duel?

They messed up tanks so much, but made them better somewhat as well.

If anyone has played WWII online they know that the crew set up for the tanks is probably the best. AFAIK there is NO AI re-loader and its done by a player (here's that teamwork thing again) the re-loader also can peer out of his hatch and assist as a lookout or spotter.

Personally I think the whole AI crew is kind of disappointing. If you're going to "Solo-tank" all you should have is an AI re-loader and use that tank as the jungle gym TW worked so hard to create! That there would be the handicap of "Solo-tanking" not the delayed commands with the AI that never misses.

Upvote 0
When the loader dies that tank is Kaput.

LOL just the 2nd easiest job in the tank. I hope they make it so you can command an AI to get in his seat.

Agreed that an ai should take his seat if killed, but as to the complaints about "well, what if I'm the last person alive in the tank?" - well, at that point you should probably just give it up. In real life it would be pretty absurd to see a single person trying to man an entire 4 man tank alone, especially with 3 dead bodies inside the tank with him. I suppose trying to man the mg alone might be doable in that situation, but apart from that, if everyone in your tank is dead I don't think its unreasonable that your tank is mostly useless.

Upvote 0
If the gunner dies it's trivial to replace him. You can just switch there and take over. Or best yet, switch to the radio gunner and get him to switch there. Then you don't have to move around inside the tank.

But yeah, the loader bit is stupid. Ideally it would be treated the same as any other place. But that would require a fair bit of animation to do. As someone else mentioned, an "assign crew to loader" function would be enough. And that wouldn't really require much work (just the 3rd person animation for the AI changing, and really you could just skip that).

Upvote 0
Honestly if your reloader dies, why cant' another AI just take his place? And if there aren't any AI's to take his place left in the tank, and you're on the gun, I think it should just take like 2x or 3x longer to reload.

Either that, or you HAVE to drive back to a repair/resupply point. But I agree that it makes no sense that you're suddenly useless if your loader dies.

Upvote 0
They messed up tanks so much, but made them better somewhat as well.

If anyone has played WWII online they know that the crew set up for the tanks is probably the best. AFAIK there is NO AI re-loader and its done by a player (here's that teamwork thing again) the re-loader also can peer out of his hatch and assist as a lookout or spotter.

Personally I think the whole AI crew is kind of disappointing. If you're going to "Solo-tank" all you should have is an AI re-loader and use that tank as the jungle gym TW worked so hard to create! That there would be the handicap of "Solo-tanking" not the delayed commands with the AI that never misses.

there s handicap. Full teamed tank make a ****load of points

Upvote 0
If you drive by a resupply point, your AI/tank squad members are respawned. (And you get repaired and reloaded.)

Which still doesn't really address the fact you can't do squat while a loader is dead. There should be some mechanism for "manual" reloading, even if it's a 15 second reload time that's automatically carried out as though the player is having to reload while driving the tank or W/E.

Or they could just let us switch to the loader seat and do it ourselves. Honestly, I don't see why that's an issue. They modeled everything else, and it would be something for MG crew members to do.

Upvote 0