• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

These new maps runs horrible

xidio

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2011
Averaging: 35fps on station. Especially near/in the apartment buildings, or just looking at it.

The snowmap.. commisaire something, 25fps when running looking across the map. 62+ when standing still, doing nothing at all except looking around.

Havent tried the other map/s yet though.

The new occluder option seems to do nothing for me.

HD5850 with 11.8 // PHII 720 X4 @ 3.5ghz // 4GB DDR2 @ 800 // Win7 x64

OK Pavlovs house - averaging 30fps.
Standing still: slowly rises to 60.

Last edited:
You call that horrible? I'm getting 12 FPS with everything on low in Pavlov's House 64 players.

4GB RAM
Quad Core 2.4GHz Q6600
GTX285

Lol a 285 is on the same level as a 5850, slightly slower though.
You should definately get much more than that.

Game runs very poorly now, and the mortar/artillery now drops my frames down to 15-25 causing major stutter and skipping.
Never had the issue before.

I also encounter major lag in the start of a new map.
Everyone seems to be lagging, cannot click Continue after choosing class, thus resulting in a death if you click twice (when you finally spawn).

Oh GPU usage is around 40-60% during gameplay.
This is horrible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same for me. So many new issues with this patch.
Game runs really bad. Fps is all over the place, strange stuttering.

My server browser isn't working and it disconnects my internet.

I didn't believe I was going to say this, but I'm actually considering getting a refund, if that is even possible. Totally unplayable for me, and I really don't think Tripware will be able to fix all this before the release.. sorry.

Reactions: Olivier89
Upvote 0
My performance seems much better with the new maps compared to Barracks which was nearly unplayable at times. My settings are back to med/high and it runs smoothly with around 50fps. The arty lag seems to have vanished altogether. Good patch for me.

AMD Phenom II 710 X3 (4th core unlocked) @2.6
4 gig RAM DDR3
ATI 5770 1gig
WIN 7 64 bit

Upvote 0
No problems here, 30 - 66 fps

All setting on Ultra, except Shadows & AA on High, FOV 70, Hardware Physics on

E8400 dual core @3.6 Ghz, GTX 480, 4 GB Ram (1066), SSD
you call "having 30 fps" on a gtx480 not a problem? with that card, you get more fps for in crysis with ultra-texture-mod. thats a serious problem if you ask me. also, you dont even have everything on ultra, which should be more than possible with that card.

Upvote 0
you call "having 30 fps" on a gtx480 not a problem? with that card, you get more fps for in crysis with ultra-texture-mod. thats a serious problem if you ask me. also, you dont even have everything on ultra, which should be more than possible with that card.

You call 30fps on a gtx 480, no problems?

Youre kidding.

No not kidding.. 30fps is the lowest i get.. say during arty strikes, rest of the time its 50+

Its not all about the gfx card.. my cpu & ram are 4 years old! And wtf does crysis have to do with it?

Upvote 0
Crysis was the PC-killer game. It had pretty good graphics and it was terribly unoptimised as well. The combination lead to people using the game to benchmark their performance, and they would often need SLI, Crossfire or even Quad configurations to run it properly.

The idea is that if crysis can run okay on a rig, so must any other game that does not have the same graphical blingbling on screen.

If it can't, people are quick to judge it as unoptimised. This can be true, but it's really not a good way to measure.

Upvote 0
Crysis was the PC-killer game. It had pretty good graphics and it was terribly unoptimised as well. The combination lead to people using the game to benchmark their performance, and they would often need SLI, Crossfire or even Quad configurations to run it properly.

The idea is that if crysis can run okay on a rig, so must any other game that does not have the same graphical blingbling on screen.

If it can't, people are quick to judge it as unoptimised. This can be true, but it's really not a good way to measure.
Heh, funny, I always thought that Crysis was pretty well optimized.
Which modern day games are well optimized at the moment?

Upvote 0
No not kidding.. 30fps is the lowest i get.. say during arty strikes, rest of the time its 50+

Its not all about the gfx card.. my cpu & ram are 4 years old! And wtf does crysis have to do with it?

well, crysis is the game with the highest system requirements to play on highest settings and it still has the best graphics. even the newer games like the witcher 2 and crysis 2 swallow less resources. in conclusion, playing a game with worse graphics and getting less fps is just wrong.

Upvote 0
No problems here, 30 - 66 fps

All setting on Ultra, except Shadows & AA on High, FOV 70, Hardware Physics on

E8400 dual core @3.6 Ghz, GTX 480, 4 GB Ram (1066), SSD

Thanks for this post mate. I have a similar system
3Ghz Quad, GTX 570 4GB Ram @ 1066 and Im running on med-> low with FPS of anything around 20-60.
Do you have a dedicated sound card or running on board?

Heh, funny, I always thought that Crysis was pretty well optimized.
Which modern day games are well optimized at the moment?

All I know is that (with the exception of ARMA 2) I've been able to max out every recent game with my setup.
Funny thing you should mention crysis being optimised, I upgraded my PC specifically FOR Crysis when I was at university and remember being VERY disappointed with my geforce 8800! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I hope you are sarcastic.
You shouldnt get anywhere near 30fps as minimum.
Your min should be around 45 if anything.
You have an SSD so game shouldnt have issues reading files quick enough.
You got enough ram, mhz doesnt matter for gaming anyway.
The CPU is a good one, not top of the line obviously. But has no issues with games these days other than poorly coded ones that prefers more cores over powerful GPU (GTA IV/BC2)

upgraded my PC specifically FOR Crysis when I was at university and remember being VERY disappointed with my geforce 8800!
I ran Crysis through with an 8800GT, Phenom 9750 X4 @ 2,4ghz and 3gb ram.
On medium to high in 1280x1024. Maybe it wasnt a solid 30fps throughout, but it was playable for me back then. Now im used to having 60+ in most games, so now I notice even the smaller drops with ease.

But seriously, this game can barely even run on an 8800gt at low, so I wonder what TWI did wrong. Especially since the game at Low looks worse than RO OST even, its ironic. And my 5850 is only workign at 60% load, and produces 20-50fps on low or high doesnt matter. In 1080p, I cant play at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0