• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] "This server has downloadable content you do not have"

Archchunk

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
B.C. Canada
So I'm not quite sure what happened but I got a 1.1gb update today (woo!) but now there's only 137 servers and they're all empty and I can't join any of them..or at least the handful that I tried. I'm guessing I have a non-updated server list.

I tried the fixes in the sticky but none of those are working.

Edit : It doesn't say exactly that in the title but that's basically the same. I just deleted the masterserver.vdf files and now I'm gonna redownload the game I guess, nothing else to really try.

Last edited:
Yah I reinstalled the game and everything it still only shows 130 servers and all of them are empty + can't join them due to them, I'm guessing, being outdated still.

Not sure what to do ...I suppose we gotta wait another week :p

Edit : ^ My version is fully updated, there's no way that these servers are updated and I'm not because there would be people playing in them if that were the case.

Connect directly through IP! Brilliant! I'm going to try that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well doesn't seem to do any good, I'm still crashing on map load (for now?) and that hasn't apparently been fixed yet so I'm back in the same boat...lol

I haven't added any to favorites yet sadly, I probably should have.

At this point I would suggest tripwire post-pone the release date...things seem to be getting quite out of hand as far as crashes issues and bugs are concerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well doesn't seem to do any good, I'm still crashing on map load (for now?) and that hasn't apparently been fixed yet so I'm back in the same boat...lol

I haven't added any to favorites yet sadly, I probably should have.

manually joining a server probably gets rid of your crashing on mapload issues as well ;)

open the console with the regular console button

and type

open serverip:serverport

to join a server replace serverip and port with a serverip and port of course.

Upvote 0
manually joining a server probably gets rid of your crashing on mapload issues as well ;)

open the console with the regular console button

and type

open serverip:serverport

to join a server replace serverip and port with a serverip and port of course.

Well now I'm not crashing on map load I'm getting the 30 seconds-into-a-match crash...lol

I turned my settings down to medium from high and it crashes about 10 seconds later than on high...I'll try lowest settings, I guess.

Upvote 0
are you running on a thompson router?

if so try the first thing in here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57582

and try to visit some of morello's posts in the killingfloor support section (the stickies you know the things nobody ever reads :F)

Nope it's linksys.

I tried on lowest, didn't crash for a good 10 minutes or so...I can't play on lowest though there was a bunch of invisible boxes and other objects. I'll try highest but putting down random settings to see if I get a good result, maybe shadows or something is causing me to run out of memory.

Edit : Yeh it still crashes on lowest, but it takes a lot longer...and by lowest I mean texture quality lowest, everything else high doesn't change how long it lasts but I can't play with texture quality on lowest, the length that I can actually see textures is so low I can't see anyone past about 40m due to the textures all being black/my game being really choppy with it on lowest.

Edit 2 : I forgot I had reformatted and my firewall was on ~_~ gonna try with it off now.

~Nvm didn't help at all in the slightest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I get the same message when attempting to connect to PB servers. I can't connect to PunkBuster servers, even though the HOS BP tool tested well twice. I can't add HOS to my PBsetup though, since it's not in the supported game list. PnkBstrA.exe is running, but not PnkBstrB.exe, not sure why.

Tried the 'Copy Server Address', then '> open [paste address]' command on a non-punkbuster server. It worked, the map loaded, then I got an NV4 error....

Upvote 0
[Error] "This server has downloadable content you do not have"

[Error] "This server has downloadable content you do not have"

Ok, i just bought this game from steam. i see nothing that says a word about DLC. its a beta and i get having problems. but i have 104 servers in MP and not one with a person in it nor able to join due to this error. is there anything I can do to fix this. I've verified the files through steam but not making a diff. not sure what else to do... any thoughts please

Upvote 0
I tried putting shadows to ultra to see if that fixed it....didn't...got a new type of crash though o0 haven't seen this before.

29ysex2.jpg

Upvote 0
I tried putting shadows to ultra to see if that fixed it....didn't...got a new type of crash though o0 haven't seen this before.

Same here. It's only Barracks for me, other maps work fine.

Ok, i just bought this game from steam. i see nothing that says a word about DLC. its a beta and i get having problems. but i have 104 servers in MP and not one with a person in it nor able to join due to this error. is there anything I can do to fix this. I've verified the files through steam but not making a diff. not sure what else to do... any thoughts please

Servers are being updated with the current patch. 99% are still not updated, meaning they really are running software incompatible with your RO HOS client, since you're up to date and they aren't.

Some servers are updated, they will slowly trickle in and display a number of people playing. You can join those. The ones that say zero players are most likely not up to date yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0