• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why no 3D VOIP?

You want to strategize with your enemy?

Squad mates can spawn on squad leader. They only need to take orders from him. Commander radio's squad leaders and tell them where to go. It's perfect. the 3d voice system would make the squad leader more squad leader like and encourage people to stick closer to him.

Radiomen man! Radiomen!

Upvote 0
Why? I honestly have no idea. I seem to recall it having something to do with Ramm thinking that it didn't matter to implement 3D VOIP because people would just use 3rd party chat services to communicate with eachother.

This is extremely silly, PR has to use Mumble for 3d VOIP in PR:BF2 because the engine doesn't support 3D VOIP! (Meanwhile, they don't use it for PR:ArmA2 because 3D VOIP is inherently supported!)

Upvote 0
3D Voip is really a great innovation. I'm also a user from A2, it's, much more immersive and fun. It really does help with team cohesion, because as many have stated, you get to know the guys in your squad quicker and you can tell when you're getting left behind and about how far away people are as you hear their voices grow fainter.

Plus that you can hear enemies and they can hear you adds some tension. And you can BS with your buddy without annoying anyone else. :p

The fact that HOS doesn't have it was somewhat of a letdown for me actually. Purveyors of purported realism and all.......

I like the idea of 3D being the defualt and only SL and command having access to team and global VOIP.

Upvote 0
3D Voip is really a great innovation. I'm also a user from A2, it's, much more immersive and fun. It really does help with team cohesion, because as many have stated, you get to know the guys in your squad quicker and you can tell when you're getting left behind and about how far away people are as you hear their voices grow fainter.

Plus that you can hear enemies and they can hear you adds some tension. And you can BS with your buddy without annoying anyone else. :p

The fact that HOS doesn't have it was somewhat of a letdown for me actually. Purveyors of purported realism and all.......

I like the idea of 3D being the defualt and only SL and command having access to team and global VOIP.

I agree. When I heard it wasnt going to have it I was disappointed too! But the other features sounded great. And the game promised me some good firefights (I say promised...Promise brokened!).

3d voice chat just adds so much to even the crappiest of games (Resistance and Liberation). I loved that game because of it though.

Upvote 0
Yeah yeah, all that teamwork stuff is fun and all, but the real reason to implement 3D voice is to taunt your enemies. I remember in Resistance and Liberation a couple of us Germans had an American NCO trapped in a building but he was holding us off with grenades and submachinegun fire suprisingly well. Anyway, we still had a fun back and forth with him telling him to stop it and die, until we finally convinced him to surrender (which people do on RnL for some stupid reason, I never do it myself). Of course, by that point he had killed many of our men so you could imagine I was eager to charge in and kill him anyway just when the map ended. I was an arms length away from stabbing him :( . Anyway, I thought I'd share, but if the devs can't do it, I say it's not the end of the world.

Upvote 0