• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help me to buy this game x-D

I think cooking grenades falls under the category of "things soldiers were trained NOT to do, but we have plenty of accounts that they did any way." Besides, don't we already have variable fuse times to increase the danger, or no? If we don't that would probably be realistic and encourage people not to hold on for more than a second or two...

Upvote 0
Redstorm: yes you can load say a mauser with more rounds from a strip but if you dont look to see that you dont already have one in the chamber and you go to close the bolt you are asking for trouble the least would be a jam the worst would be an AD (accidental discharge). Plus in addition trying to work a select few rounds into the weapon on a stripper clip would require a delicate operation as when you load the whole clip you prime it (loose twist back and forth) then push it in and no worries. The ole M1 garand is a finger biter!!!! no way would I do it. As for grenades yes, no where I know would anyone "cook" one. Most grenades have a very quick fuse (4.5 seconds) and ones of dubious manufacture probably not very accurate. Also the fuse starts immediatly once the "spoon" is released for some of you who are curious how it works. And yes for argument is a game thing.

Upvote 0
You will get a mass of replies because we love Red Orchestra and we love the devs.

With that put on the side.

DOD COD are arcadish and promote the twitch fest 1337 pwnzorz

RO will promote Teamwork before anything else.
RO is one of the most Realistic shooter game today
RO has one of the biggest learning curve AND DO NOT FORGET THIS AND DO NOT BE WEAK AND GIVE UP EARLY SWEARING YOU'RE ASS OFF.

Once you catch on the different gameplay, it is the most rewarding game out there.

Any 14 year old can master CS or DOD.
RO is more for the Thinking Mature individual.

CS and DOD are good games, but can not be compared really...

Upvote 0
Oh sorry xka nearly forgot - nice one for getting the game, enjoy , see you in there etc.
(thats the thing , now you have bought the game you might find yourself getting carried away on the forums chatting about the details of throwing grenades, for example)

will you be playing under the name xka?

I usually play under "private xka" nick. Its easy to see me, firing to my team :eek: , throwing granades to myself, firing without bullets or charching with my bayonet against a submachine , or missing an easy fire against an enormous tank..

One thing is true, yesterday i play in a server and my team was so awful i finished the first one in points..we lose of course :D

I think i need to practice a lot against bots :rolleyes:

About granades, i never throw a real one, but like some1 has said., a normal guy never would wait to throw one, when removing security lock. Perhaps one second if you want to throw very near...but no more. Its common sense.

For example, russian granades in WWII has a shorter time to throw the granades than german or american granades, and sometimes, they were defectives...someone thinks that a soldier was going to wait a second?...i think no.. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
In my opinion the largest adventage of ro is that it makes you act and think like you were in a real battle. RO makes you plan your moves or if need be, makes you run for the objective like your life depends on it. In RO you want to take cover, supress and flank instead of spraying out headshots from 5 metres with a boltrifle while jumping around in front of your enemy but most importantly, RO makes you work with your team. Teamwork and realistic behavior. Two things that don't exist in CoD2.

EDIT: Oh yeah and tank battles friggin PWN!

Upvote 0
Hi xka. I hope you enjoy RO, it really is a lot of fun. Playing with bots will let you practice with your weapons but they won't teach you how to fight. For that you'll just have to go through the meatgrinder like the rest of us.:)

Yes, im enjoying a lot. Yesterday i had my first real tank battle. That's realism!!!
In one "reencarnation" :D , we goes 3 players in a t-34, i were with submachine i killed one lose german soldier. Another time i get the main cannon, and we succeded destroying 2 tanks before be killed. I must confess i was exciting seeing the enemy tank flying or trying to shout "enemy tank to the left"..but too late.

Of course others times, my tank friends pay my very nooooooooob skill :D. they say Tank to the leeeeft...but...i want enought speedy

I play one time in practice bots and i finishes laughting alone in my house. Bots fill a bridge with tanks.,..but all were of my team, i couldnt go back or forward.

About granades, in RO i think are lethal weapons and realistic. For example im reading a book of Montecassino battle (Itally), and a lot times allies must stop attacks beacause they were out of this weapons. Coming back to RO, yestarday i play a battle in a big city, and granades where great, making enemy to run out from cover.

Last edited:
Upvote 0