• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Keys to winning in the BETA

I find Barracks goes either way, but seeing as the other two are more push-one-way maps than territory in the style of FallenFighters, they do favor the defenders.

Oh and speaking of Commanders, I called Arty on two strike areas beyond them in enemy territory, and was surprised to team damage several times, given the Recon report and where the cap zones were. People really shouldn't be just in enemy territory quasi-sniping, when the cap opportunity is being squandered. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not once have I seen Allies win Territory on Grain Elevator.

Red Oktober can go both ways, same with Barracks.

Yeah, Allies have the advantage early on in Grain Elevator, but once the Axis gets into the Elevator, it's pretty much a cascade of German captures.

But the challenge in Grain Elevator is getting to the elevator. See, if the Axis decides to camp, which I see a lot, or run across trying to rush to the objective, they will get picked off one by one, until they lose. When you play as Axis you must move as a team, and if possible, flank the enemy and take over the elevator, and flanking both sides has worked well for me... :p

Upvote 0
On every map except Elevator, I thought the key was to just join Axis. The game seems to favour them so much.

In what way? Other than the Panzer, everything else seems to be about the same. The guns, the map distribution and set up. I haven't ever really felt disadvantaged next to the Axis, and I pretty much only play the Russians, just out of habit.

But the challenge in Grain Elevator is getting to the elevator. See, if the Axis decides to camp, which I see a lot, or run across trying to rush to the objective, they will get picked off one by one, until they lose. When you play as Axis you must move as a team, and if possible, flank the enemy and take over the elevator, and flanking both sides has worked well for me... :p

Every time I defend the bottom floor of the elevator it's pure murder for the Allies. The Germans find a firing angle that looks above the lip of the hill, down into the windows and the Russians get picked off one by one. The only luck I've had is defending the Russian right flank because it's flat and open and you can cover both advances. The front of the building is just **** to defend from the ground level, where you most need people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grain Elevator - Join Allies
riflemen up top
SM gunners downstairs ground floor russians win

Red October Factory - Join Axis
you have to have a very bad german team to lose
or a very good russian team and bad german team to win as russain

Barracks - Join Axis

german team only needs to send 4 or 5 men and TL to the left side of map and call in arty on the russian sprawn germans win

Upvote 0
In RO and even DH
100% of the skilled player know what side of the map is unbalanced
and 90% of the time they go to the side that they know has the better chance of winning
but any map can be lost or won
it depends on the skill of the players
and 90% of the skill players learn fast what side is unbalanced
i play both sides
but 60% to 100% of the time i know who going to win before the map even starts
If you what to know who going to win you just need to watch what side most of the skilled players are going too
they know fairly balanced too

Upvote 0
Grain Elevator - Join Allies

Red October Factory - Join Axis

Barracks - Join Axis
1. Yes i agree. The grain elevator is particularly hard for the german team. Especially if they don't coordinate their assaults. Another problem with this map is that the god damn "lockdown" happens every time when the fight start to become balanced for the Germans and start to move around the conveyor tower.

2. no. All sides can win and loose.

3. no. This map is balanced. The two sides can win or loose here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The beginning of Grain elevator might be hard for the Germans but once they get the second point the Russians have to be really on top of things to keep from losing the second floor to them. And once they get that they can put rifles and MGs in positions looking right down on the right side spawn point. Then it's just a matter of keeping attention on the front while people flank left and right and get into the cap zone. By that point you'll probably already have people on the second floor so you cap two zones one after another, and then the russians lose all their reinforcements in a few seconds due to the special timer.

Upvote 0