• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About Hacking In The Beta

vSqA6.jpg

Upvote 0
Just watched one of the YouTube videos. Is there any way to find out who "ThermalSloth" and "All****Team" are (those are YouTube usernames) and ban them from RO2?

I suppose the anti-cheat controls will root them out eventually, but I have to admit the video made my blood boil. Couldn't help but picture myself as one of those icons he had staked out from *behind a wall*, just waiting to kill me with one shot.

I suppose some cheaters are just doing it for quick lulz and then they go on to something else. But those who really play the game that way have some mental problem, if you ask me. Sick.

Edited to get the usernames right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Will hackers caught by VAC lose access to their steam account? I think this is the best punishment, causing them to lose every steam game they have paid for. There is no excuse for hacking and if I was ruler of the Earth I'd have them beaten and executed as punishment, but sadly I am not ruler of the Earth.
I'm very glad you are not the ruler of earth.

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
There is no excuse for hacking and if I was ruler of the Earth I'd have them beaten and executed as punishment, but sadly I am not ruler of the Earth.

I'm very glad you are not the ruler of earth.

Vintage I think you just caught your first hacker. :D:D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
Just watched one of the YouTube videos. Is there any way to find out who "gatekeeper1990" is and ban him from RO2?

I suppose the anti-cheat controls will root him out eventually, but I have to admit the video made my blood boil. Couldn't help but picture myself as one of those icons he had staked out from *behind a wall*, just waiting to kill me with one shot.

I suppose some cheaters are just doing it for quick lulz and then they go on to something else. But those who really play the game that way have some mental problem, if you ask me. Sick.

Correction: it's actually "ThermalSloth" who posted the vid. But no doubt "Gatekeeper1990" is a hack, as well. In fact, he's watching this thread (LOL) and just linked to it in the YouTube comments. What a moron

Upvote 0
Correction: it's actually "ThermalSloth" who posted the vid. But no doubt "Gatekeeper1990" is a hack, as well. In fact, he's watching this thread (LOL) and just linked to it in the YouTube comments. What a moron

I am absolutely positive that someone has reported them through Steam, with a link to their account, multiple links to their other accounts and all of the YT links, so that they will have their account and IP banned very shortly... Don't know who would do such a thing though...hmmm:IS2:

http://www.vacbanned.com/engine/check

Steam Community ID 76561198009211559 Status BANNED Country Unknown First seen as banned (CET) 2010-09-16 03:40:49 Last time checked (CET) 2011-09-02 19:29:28 Times checked 2 View Steam Community profile

Last edited:
Upvote 0