• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I think red orchestra and trip wire can save pc gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guiltyspark

Jun 24, 2010
Here me out

Publishers ****ing suck , they serve no purpose in todays game industry and create unhappy enviroments for developers to work in. They lock down PR on in progress games for nonsensical reasons and leave gamers in the dark as to finding out if a game wont suck or not.

EA is a recent example of the cancer that is killing gaming. They had a perfect opportunity to really show activision that they care about gamers by not introducing subscription based programs. well it turns out that was just a cover to try to cut in on steam , something im pretty sure every pc gamer will credit as the single thing that kept the pc gaming industry alive. A one stop shop to buy and store pc games.

no more discs whose production harms the eviroment
no more waiting for deliveries
no more scratched disks

We need to take a stand as a community to boycott that **** and support developers who are pushing the industry forward with innovation. For example we have the near overnight millionaire Notch (the guy who created minecraft , a game that has yet to release and already sold 3 million copies)

And we have love you long time developers like tripwire interactive , a company that in my opinion has really stuck by the community (save for telling us when the beta is , you bastards)

Instead of shoveling Download content on an item per item , map by map package , they expand the game the way its supposed to be done

for map by map downloads , they are free

for expansions they will probly cost money , but will have enough content to warrent a purchase.

And then we have the most important thing in the bunch , unsurpassed mod support.

I had been following red orchestra for awhile and when i stumbled back onto the forums after pre ordering the game i was suprised to find mod makers already at work with what looks to be beautiful content. something that made the last game stand out.

Spread the word if you can , exclusively support indy devs , they are the future of pc gaming and one day hope console gaming.

The big bad corporate man is sure evil... but he has his uses.

I'm sure TWI will be the first to tell you how bad off they were in the early stages of RO1, publishers my seem bad to us gamers, but they offer a stable environment for devs to work in, without publishers 90% of the games on the market would be impossible to create.

This isn't to say there isn't a major overhaul needed on the PC entertainment industry, but I wouldn't get the ol guillotine out just yet.

Instead vote with you money, boycotts don't work because as one guy said recently, if you boycott a game, your still out a game. Instead, but games that are more worth your time and money and talk with your cash. Action speaks louder as it were.

Upvote 0
The big bad corporate man is sure evil... but he has his uses.

I'm sure TWI will be the first to tell you how bad off they were in the early stages of RO1, publishers my seem bad to us gamers, but they offer a stable environment for devs to work in, without publishers 90% of the games on the market would be impossible to create.

This isn't to say there isn't a major overhaul needed on the PC entertainment industry, but I wouldn't get the ol guillotine out just yet.

Instead vote with you money, boycotts don't work because as one guy said recently, if you boycott a game, your still out a game. Instead, but games that are more worth your time and money and talk with your cash. Action speaks louder as it were.
this is wholly untrue

publishers after assessing a developer is competent at creating multimillion dollar franchise will pretty much set them up to pump out sequels

its what happened to infinity ward after cod4

and it happened to dice after bad company 2

They stifle any creativity and use ineffective "testing groups" to decide the direction of a game.

And then there is the disgustingly restrictive PR charade and NDA's that are signed.

Believe it or not gearbox has been working on a first person shooter based on the aliens universe , and to date the only gameplay footage released of the title has been accidental. 5 years.

how do you recieve feedback on your game if nobody sees it but select people you pull off the street and make them sign nda's?

Upvote 0
this is wholly untrue

publishers after assessing a developer is competent at creating multimillion dollar franchise will pretty much set them up to pump out sequels

its what happened to infinity ward after cod4

and it happened to dice after bad company 2

They stifle any creativity and use ineffective "testing groups" to decide the direction of a game.

And then there is the disgustingly restrictive PR charade and NDA's that are signed.

Believe it or not gearbox has been working on a first person shooter based on the aliens universe , and to date the only gameplay footage released of the title has been accidental. 5 years.

how do you recieve feedback on your game if nobody sees it but select people you pull off the street and make them sign nda's?

Do you know how difficult it is to make a video game without funding?

Publishers will make sequels as long as people stand in line to buy them, you blame the evil publisher yet its the consumers that keep them in business by buying their products.

People need to get off their high horses when it comes to COD and BF or other modern shooters. You gripe and complain about endless sequels, yet there are very few games if any that can stand toe to toe with their level of quality. Sure TWI is one of the few that can but I don't see many others. (Quality =/= innovation btw so don't jump my throat)

It comes back to what I said, vote with you wallet, spread the news of your favorite Indie house and that is all you can do. The masses will continue to buy mainstream games, because mainstream games are marketed and make money, and it might be a revaluation to some people, but they are actually good.

I however want to go on the record of saying I like PC games, and COD doesn't really cater to my tastes, BF is fun but I'm not going for BF3 as RO2 will fill my war game FPS for the future, also they removed mod support which I really am pissed about.

Anyways, no more drama for my llama, I'm going to bed now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.