• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else think it's weird that the devs are nowhere to be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next time someone complains RO2 breaks from its roots I'm going to remind them of the second Operation Flashpoint. The first one was what got me into military-sim gaming. The second one I never played even though I got a copy of it installed on a second-hand hard drive.

The true sequel to Operation Flashpoint was Armed Assault.

Op. Flashpoint's engine is still going strong past 10 years and will provide the foundation for next year's Arma 3.

Sorry, big Bohemia fan here. :IS2:

Reactions: Kirq
Upvote 0
can you give us an idea when the next update will be and what will be in the change log, and yes i know its work in progress.:eek:

If you can't find our posts all over the forums (and steam forums), you aren't trying hard enough. Also can be found in IRC and steam Official Gaming Group chat.

Twitter and facebook also get updated often.

What we are doing is prioritizing the "hot ticket" items that people are reporting and sorting through the mini dumps to find the root causes of the crashes players and servers are seeing. When we feel we have something to add to the conversation we will.

Upvote 0
I saw a Dev the other day. I shot him in the face and took his rifle. It was a good day.

Oops, sorry I voted you down, missed a bit to the right... A great post really. Every day you shoot a dev (and in the Game!) is a good day :D

(feel free to vote me down if it makes you feel better)

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
If you avoid the forums for a few hours, chances are 100 topics or more will have new posts in them. Just trying to browse and read them takes an insane amount of time. To try to respond to everyone's pet concern right away, as if every bug that is found can be fixed as quickly as flipping a switch, would be absurd.

I'm sure everything is prioritized, and when the devs have an answer and time they will respond.

You have to cut them some slack. Its a beta and they are working on it. Afterall, its their jobs and their livelihood.

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
If you can't find our posts all over the forums (and steam forums), you aren't trying hard enough. Also can be found in IRC and steam Official Gaming Group chat.

Twitter and facebook also get updated often.

What we are doing is prioritizing the "hot ticket" items that people are reporting and sorting through the mini dumps to find the root causes of the crashes players and servers are seeing. When we feel we have something to add to the conversation we will.

Thanks Yosh, maybe you can clear up the Sway discussions everyone is complaining about. When we level up it reduces sway but there is no sway really, are we at full sway reduction in the beta or what?

Upvote 0
If you consider the fact that TWI is what, 10 guys (?), compared to several hundred for the devs of for instance COD and BF3, the amount the devs participate in the forum is really special. See how many devs you see making actual posts on those other forums, instead of just making PR announcements.

Let's hope we can keep it that way :)

Upvote 0
I hope they're lurking plenty, at least. There's so many good suggestions for improving the game in small ways!

That's the problem, they should concentrate on the game with internal testers instead of listening to self-centered attention whores looking to boost their ego's by making 798143876 suggestions threads and then thinking it's because of them they changed it. It's getting annoying. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That's the problem, they should concentrate on the game with internal testers instead of listening to self-centered attention whores looking to boost their ego's by making 798143876 suggestions threads and then thinking it's because of them they changed it. It's getting annoying. :rolleyes:

^^ This! I'm fairly confident TWI knows what is best for their game, they make games that THEY want to play so either we deal with it or don't play. I love it. Just as much as I loved RO1 as a mod and all the way up to OST.

Upvote 0

I hope they get some people in the area to actually bring their pc's in so they can figure it out. Cause I have an I5 2500k with 2 x radeon hd 5850's and it runs under 30 fps when I have crossfire on but if I turn it off i get 60-80 fps. So I hope they can get that sorted out. A lot of the fps issues seem to stem from the fact that the game isn't utilizing the gpu fully, most people said when running the game their gpu is only at like 40-60% usage or something like that. I haven't checked it myself but that sounds like a pretty big culprit to me. Get everyones cards doing 100% gpu processing and I think we'd all have better frames across the board.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.