• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buy a Dev a Drink! Congrats to the Tripwire Team!

I find it offensive that you are asking for more money after delivering a mediocre game.

It's great that you have been working hard, but the product isn't something you should have charged anyone for in its current state, let alone expect free drinks due to it.

Unless ofcourse the drinks are for dulling the pain and mental anguish that you are experiencing from what you have unleashed upon your trusty band of gamers. In that case I'll buy the entire team a keg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I find it offensive that you are asking for more money after delivering a mediocre game.

Dude, I started this. Not TWI, lol that would be selfish and stupid, this is just an opportunity for people who like the game and the direction that TWI is going to say a little extra thanks.

I know its easy to get upset about things you don't understand..

Reactions: C_Gibby and Vegard
Upvote 0
Dont't understand what?

You tell me to understand that game, which i paid a lot of money for, is still in beta state, that nothing works as it should (browser, stats), that there are lots of stupid things like non-detachable bayonet on sniper rifle or lack of drum mag for ppsh implemented in order to make game "more friendly to 13 years old kansas kids" or prototype weapons in hand of every second soldier, and so on and so forth... oh yeah, i understand it perfectly.

Reactions: Rumo
Upvote 0
Haha no worries. I guess I just assumed that if you liked the game you also liked the direction with which they are going in their game designing?
This not alway goes hand in hand. :D
I can like the game (most of it) but dislike some changes or steps they are doing right now (like the prototype to all assaults which makes me want to vomit or the lockdown timer and...), and nontheless also appreciate their work they have put into it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just an update guys. Have almost $50 bucks thanks to a few generous guys. Would like to get to $100 bucks if possible so they can have a good time. Thanks to all who have already donated!

buyadevadrink.jpg

Upvote 0
Just an update guys. Have almost $50 bucks thanks to a few generous guys. Would like to get to $100 bucks if possible so they can have a good time. Thanks to all who have already donated!

While I get what you're doing, you do understand that for people dissatisfied with the state of the game since release, seeing a 'Buy the dev's a drink for being so awesome!' thread is a little like a kick in the nuts? Not criticizing the effort itself, but the choice in timing was a little lacking.

By the way, some of those names are still fairly easy to figure out, if you're worried about privacy.

Upvote 0
While I get what you're doing, you do understand that for people dissatisfied with the state of the game since release, seeing a 'Buy the dev's a drink for being so awesome!' thread is a little like a kick in the nuts? Not criticizing the effort itself, but the choice in timing was a little lacking.

By the way, some of those names are still fairly easy to figure out, if you're worried about privacy.

Uh, in case you haven't noticed, there have been plenty more threads where "dissatisfied customers" have issued some nut kicks of there own, aimed at the developers. While I don't speak for OP, this thread isn't about making sure everyone is happy. I got my first hint that this would be impossible for TWI to accomplish when raging blowhards were demanding their money back because the game wasn't delivered to Steam at exact moment they expected it (despite the fact that it was NOT late). This is about some people who do support them and appreciate their hard work, wanting to do something a little extra. I'd suggest if anyone is offended by this , then they are just in a mood to be offended.

Upvote 0
Lying to the community about having a single player campaign mode and having it just turn out to be MP with bots?

You can't blame TWI for your lack of reading comprehension. If you were actually paying attention to the forum and the stuff that TWI say, you'd have known this way before purchasing the game. RO has always been multiplayer-focused. RO1 had a single player mode, and that too was MP with bots.

Upvote 0
Straight from IGN -"Don't bother with Red Orchestra 2 if you're looking for a single-player experience". Kinda goes against this quote from the developers at TWI in an interview with Ironhammers.org - "Well, there really wasn’t any single player in the original – just some bots to use as target practice!" and this about RO2 - "So the single player is a full component of the game in its own right this time.".............am I still reading wrong? Also, when the developer gives an interview, the people who will be paying them (us) are supposed to ignore the previews and those interviews and go sifting through the forums of games we've never heard of before? It's OUR responsibility to find out whether they're actually bringing out what they say? Good luck with that one. They said the first one was "just some bots to use as target practice", IT STILL IS! It wouldn't bother me so much if they said right out of the gate that single player was just bots, I would have avoided it like the plague. So I guess yeah, it is my fault for believing what TWI said in those interviews, you're right. I won't be making that mistake again though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And Neil79, we get it, you're not happy. You won't be contributing. That's fine. Now go pound sand somewhere else ;)

I've contributed alot more than you think, Lots of perf dumps, which is probably useless as it's making the developers go omg what is all this new stuff we are seeing :D

Ofcause if i had a refund i'd be perfectly happy to leave

Upvote 0