• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should TWI be worried

I don't see any problem with another game exploring the same setting. I saw a lot of BIS people playing at RO2 beta (Dwarden, for example) and it seems that people at BIS and TWI are friends as they should be - we're a small niche (people who loves simulations and realistic shooters) and I don't think that there is (or should be) this greed-oriented feeling of "competition" like there is in MW3 VS BF3.

I do think that RO2, IF and ARMA 3 can and will coexist in friendly harmonic way, trading experiences and delivering different experiences - even if it "looks" like they're doing the same setting.

Upvote 0
You can only talk about ArmA 2 after playing with ACE2 + ACRE on a tactical community like ShackTac, United Operations, 7cav and others.

About the new game: If I'm correct on my feelings, research and thoughts, it actually a mod that is growing into a game, like RO. The mod was called "Liberation 41-45", made by SMARAT.

I, however, don't see how that game can be popular. At least without a mod like ACE2 or ACE2 itself.

Upvote 0
Tripwire should be afraid...very afraid...they already have my money but I will DEFINITELY take my *** over to Iron Front if its any good at all...

Arma2 engine has been dying for WW2 action...check out Invasion'44 mod for Arma2...good, but slightly buggy and very scripted

On another note, TWI already dropped the ball...the game was released buggy and as a consequence the reviews will be horrendous for RO2...this will drive away the rest of the potential buyers, and we suckers who already bought RO2 will move on to BF3 or Sykrim or (god-forbid) MW3...

reviews have been anything but horrendous for RO2 and, when compared to some other recent fps launches ro2's bugs pale in comparison, that and reviews are pretty much worthless nowadays anyway.

mw2 for example had a bug known as the javline glitch that was in the game for months before being patched out, used an absolutely horrible multiplayer system where the host would run around racking up kills on people who wouldn't even know they were getting shot at until they were looking at the killcam.

Add in the rock glitch on the afghan map, another well known glitch that again was left in the game for quite awhile along with other bugs/glitches and mw2 got a 9.0 rating from IGN.

I won't even begin to go through all the bugs that are still in bfbc2, and about how on launch day with tons of people who bought it couldn't even play it due to server issues communicating with punkbuster, and then they patched it...(2 weeks later) resulting in massive fps loss.

Again bfbc2 got high reviews.

RO2 has already had 2-3 patches to fix issues for a minority of the players by the way.

Besides that arma and even ro1 are so different, no there's really not anything for tripwire to be worried about.

Upvote 0
The Arma2 community is almost exclusively Co-op, or Domination, game modes where your whole team plays against an AI opponent (which behaves the same way every map). Domination is a form of PvP but player has to buy and build an AI force to use against other human player's AI forces.
Straight PvP, human vs. human doesn't exist. There is one single server that does that on Arma2 and usually has about 10 to 18 players tops on any given night.

This Iron Front will be no different, the Arma2 community will go to it and it will be mostly AI play.

I don't think RO2 has anything to worry about, as the core community over here prefers the PvP and the more smoothly running game.

Upvote 0
you know, there are close spawns, depends on the mission :rolleyes:

And in other missions there are no respawns.

I like how ArmA 2 has a self-defense mechanism against cheaters, smacktards and any other kind of stupid people. These people will never dig out the true place of glory where ArmA 2 shines. They are, or bumped out for not being able to connect to a server, or stuck on domination servers for the rest of their ArmA 2 lives.

Upvote 0
arma2 engine IF with the darky hack script everywhere.

feel sorry for the fools who get duped into buying that anything pvp oriented that is arma based will constantly be having server resets/crashes from script "hackers" coming in and making all sorts of random annoying bs occur.

IE.

hundreds of thousands of bombs falling from the sky at one time causing the server to die.

spawning random vehicles everywhere, once played a match in arma2 and Chinooks started raining from the sky.

controlling other peoples soldiers.
Was once in a firefight in an arma2 match, suddenly everyone on both sides stopped fighting and all started doing pushups,dancing, doing handstands etc etc.

Sure IF might use some different coding but just by using the arma2 engine it wont be long before theres a darky script for IF too.

Upvote 0
The Arma2 community is almost exclusively Co-op, or Domination, game modes where your whole team plays against an AI opponent (which behaves the same way every map). Domination is a form of PvP but player has to buy and build an AI force to use against other human player's AI forces.
Straight PvP, human vs. human doesn't exist. There is one single server that does that on Arma2 and usually has about 10 to 18 players tops on any given night.

This Iron Front will be no different, the Arma2 community will go to it and it will be mostly AI play.

I don't think RO2 has anything to worry about, as the core community over here prefers the PvP and the more smoothly running game.

This is the true difference,you play bigger multiplayer cooperative campaign fighting I.A. Everything real,simulation,ok but fight vs. the I.A.
Also,i noticed,if you want real pvp battles you are forced to join one clan.But my opinion only.

Anyway,both games are compatible.

See us around.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling that "IF" Iron Front (The East Front game using the ARMA2 engine) delivers on it's promises then RO2 will be in trouble. Iron Front is promising all the features that RO2 is missing and to me it looks like it's going to fullfill what many here are asking for or wanted RO2 to be in the first place. TWI had the only realistic East front (come to that WW2) FPS out there, no other competion at all...but this is going to change in the near future and I have to say if IF takes off I can see it being the game I'm going to gravitate to.

I hope the release of this game is going to give TWI the impetus to improve RO2 and make it the No1 realsitic WW2 (East front) FPS. As it looks like it's very storng competion indeed.Once BF3 and the next CoD game come out we will lose alot of players, losing the hardcore left to another game as it gives them what they want might be the nail in RO2's coffin.

Ro the arma II engine is a pile of dog **** i hope iron front is ok but ro 2 will still be better

Upvote 0