• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving all DE Owneder the hero status would make the whole unlock and progression system useless. But im also pretty suprised that the MKb42 and the AVT 40 are not hero weapons only.

i think they havn't had time to implement this hero system this game is gonna come out in peices it looks like and im still gonan enjoy it but i wish they were able to put it out all at once. :D

Reactions: Nimble
Upvote 0
I bought the DDE, too, but I would be okay if my unlocks were taken away. Of course there would have to be a compensation, at least later on.

Limit these prototypes to Hero only and enable enemy class loadout for veterans.

Stalingrad-Veterans would have at least killed a couple of Russians or Germans and as such well able to pick up weapons.

Limiting the loadout to hero doesn't make sense, as you could just pick up weapons from dead people you kill anyway. And maybe hit some increase in honour needed for each level. It's disgusting how it is.

Upvote 0
No matter the reason they sure dropped the ball on this one. I used to rotate between allies and axis but now I find myself picking only allies just to try and stop the tide of supposedly super rare weapons. Even then it's not that fun. I just came back from 2 rounds on Grain elevator where a vast majority were running around with mkb's. I've never gotten so many kills on grain before (almost 50, most with ppsh and some with maxim) and it wasn't so much skill from my part, just that the game has changed drastically and everyone just rambo's now. I used to take pride in my kills but now it just felt hollow. It just doesn't feel like RO any more and I'll probably give the game a rest and play something else until the modders come to our rescue.

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
How much pressure on Tripwire or specificly on John are you going to put?

For **** sakes, They said they are fixing it. Besides how would you handle a game that is MASSIVE and the playerbase is HUGE with only 17 people in the studio? Its slow.

Even companies like Valve with 200+ Workers are slow. Give them some rest.

Red Orchestra 2 is like old wine, It gets better and better as time passes.

Upvote 0
How much pressure on Tripwire or specificly on John are you going to put?

For **** sakes, They said they are fixing it. Besides how would you handle a game that is MASSIVE and the playerbase is HUGE with only 17 people in the studio? Its slow.

Even companies like Valve with 200+ Workers are slow. Give them some rest.

Red Orchestra 2 is like old wine, It gets better and better as time passes.

They said they were fixing the issue of officers and engineers getting Assault Rifles even though it's only supposed to be the assault class. Most people here are complaining about the assault class getting them instead of them being limited to just a hero class.

Upvote 0
Well, as I see it, witht he day one DDE unlocks they've put themselves between a rock and a hard place. If it would have required to be veteran level in the assault class for the Mkb and AVT, the DDE buyers who complained about the weapons not being available on launch would propably explode because of rage. Also, they wouldn't have gotten it any sooner than non DDE buyers then.

But with the DDE players being able to take those weapons now, it obviously lead to a whole bunch of other problems.

Having said that, I haven't noticed that much difference to before, honestly. I still play almost exclusively rifle, I still regularly appear at the top of the scoreboard, and I for one have only be killed four times by a Mkb since the patch that unlocked it, and scored three CQC victories against Mkb users with my MN91/30... Also, after everyone had tried out the Mkb and the AVT, I've seen the number of people using them decrease, as the other weapons are more useful on certain maps in certain siuations.

Upvote 0
Well, as I see it, witht he day one DDE unlocks they've put themselves between a rock and a hard place. If it would have required to be veteran level in the assault class for the Mkb and AVT, the DDE buyers who complained about the weapons not being available on launch would propably explode because of rage. Also, they wouldn't have gotten it any sooner than non DDE buyers then.

But with the DDE players being able to take those weapons now, it obviously lead to a whole bunch of other problems.

Having said that, I haven't noticed that much difference to before, honestly. I still play almost exclusively rifle, I still regularly appear at the top of the scoreboard, and I for one have only be killed four times by a Mkb since the patch that unlocked it, and scored three CQC victories against Mkb users with my MN91/30... Also, after everyone had tried out the Mkb and the AVT, I've seen the number of people using them decrease, as the other weapons are more useful on certain maps in certain siuations.

Couldn't agree more.

Upvote 0
Hey at least the AVT-40 is practically useless unless you switch it to semi auto and use it exactly like a SVT. No wait, that just makes the Germans even more overpowered.

Not true at all. I've gotten first place in kills before by using AVT in a 64 player server with decent enemies (using it mostly on full auto).

People keep undercutting the AVT because they use it a few times, miss, and assume it's worthless, but I prefer it over the MKB because it really only takes one shot no matter where you hit them. MKB seems to pack less of a punch. Not to mention the AVT blows through just about any cover an enemy is behind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AVT is just exactly the same as SVT though (but with full auto capability), and i guess people were expecting it to be much different somehow. In reality, it really is no more useful than the SVT other than if you want to take out multiple enemies in a room, using a sweeping motion in full auto to just spray them all down. Cause at the moment like you say, it (usually) takes one shot to kill in torso, which means putting it on full auto for one enemy is pointless (because theres no need to fire more than one shot at the enemy).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.