• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shooting on ladders?

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
I'm curious if you will still be able to climb a ladder, stop and instantly shoot.

I'd like to see a slight delay while you would have to somehow brace yourself (ideally animated somehow) onto the ladder so you can take the shot.

We know IRL, you tend to use your hands while climbing ladders and that could get in the way of shooting a gun.

I could imagine angled ladders like in RGOW would be quicker, since you can simply lean your body onto the ladder and have both hands free. But a very tall vertical ladder would be something else as you would need one hand gripped on the ladder or an arm wrapped around it to keep yourself on.

Unless I'm on crack, you could climb ladders in RO 3.3. I just played RGOW, and there are ladders in the trenches that you can use to get out of the trenches.

And there's that really really tall ladder in Koplania.

I'm just talking about the avatar going up and down the ladder. I know there isn't any animation for the climbing in 3.3

Upvote 0
Mormegil said:
Unless I'm on crack, you could climb ladders in RO 3.3. I just played RGOW, and there are ladders in the trenches that you can use to get out of the trenches.

And there's that really really tall ladder in Koplania.

I'm just talking about the avatar going up and down the ladder. I know there isn't any animation for the climbing in 3.3

I didn't notice any ladders in RGOW, maybe there are just steep stairs? I didn't play Kopalnia that much so I don't know.

But in Sevastopol, there were real ladders to the top of the bunkers but you couldn't use them.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, no official RO map used ladders, only steep stairs.
Will there be ladders in this RO?

If they were implemented I wouldnt for 1 second imagine the devs would have it so you could shoot whilst climbing one.

RO already has proper reloads, and reload times, if you listen you hear the noise of someone putting/pulling a clip in/out of a belt pouch.

Upvote 0