• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you do better than this guy?

Hipfire is way harder in RO2 thanks to freeaim that works properly. And are you saying you don't have bullet trajectory in RO2? Because it does.

The guy in video ran up on a rail, jump off about 7 ft distance and killed someone the moment he fell down with a pistol. Or he just hipfires bolt action rifles at people across the street.

You get a scrubby noob to play like that in RO2 against average players, then show us.

You don't need to hip shoot much in RO2 because of changes to game design, like speed of going to ADS, speed of moving while in ADS etc. I agree hipping is harder in RO2 or more random, but that just means people use iron sights more, which is simply easier or comes more naturally to people, like having a crosshair compared with aiming by judging the angle of the gun. For longer range shots you would have some sway in RO1 and couldn't remove it with a button press, and you had no zoom so the targets were smaller. Its like the models are much bigger in RO2 because of that. And of course the recoil is much smaller

In some ways I like that you use iron sights up close more now, but in others I feel it took some decision making out of fights and long term appeal through learning hip shooting. You don't really need to consider which movements to make, just ads and hold mb1 on the target and strafe a bit. In RO1 you have to consider your movements because it takes more time to perform them, and once you make a choice you're committed. Everything is sped up and is more forgiving in RO2, and there isn't really a trade off between what you can do so it feels less tactical to me. You don't really need to crouch, except for being a smaller target, same with prone. Rather than it being a tradeoff between slower movement and easier gun control

Nades are handled a bit better in RO2 I think, although they feel a bit strange or laggy before they leave your hand. I like the range reduction. But you can carry so many now (pick more up, including enemy type), its a bit of a trade off. Part of the problem in RO1 was how the maps were designed for 32 players, and with the 50 player servers you got a lot of nade spam, and the naturally choke pointy maps were popular on 50 player servers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Part of the problem in RO1 was how the maps were designed for 32 players, and with the 50 player servers you got a lot of nade spam, and the naturally choke pointy maps were popular on 50 player servers

I think this is the exact same problem plaguing RO2. Maps are too small to have 64 people running around. Especially maps like apartment where a team of 32 players can really camp out on every single possible entrance.

But instead of nade spam, RO2 results in people running like maniac spam because there isn't enough room and no matter where you go, you know someone will be there.

Upvote 0
I think this is the exact same problem plaguing RO2. Maps are too small to have 64 people running around. Especially maps like apartment where a team of 32 players can really camp out on every single possible entrance.

But instead of nade spam, RO2 results in people running like maniac spam because there isn't enough room and no matter where you go, you know someone will be there.

i actively seek out smaller games because of this and performance issues..

i bet it's real hard to run up and do this kind of thing to a squad of guys that's working together and moving as a cohesive unit. let's see some videos of non public, scrim or match type gameplay.. these are all just videos from the playground!

Upvote 0
You get a scrubby noob to play like that in RO2 against average players, then show us.

This guy is hardly a noob. He has learned to see, assess and eliminate threats before most people even see them. He has become so familiar with his weapon it is a natural extension of his body. He hits what he looks at, whether he aims properly or not, because the weapon is always pointing where he looks.

In other words, he's doing exactly what a real soldier does. He's just a green beret compared to everyone else's raw-recruit skill level.. then again, I believe I would have killed him with a bolt action rifle. I do it all the time.

Upvote 0
CoD and RO2 are both FPS games, that's about where the similarities end. You might as well say counter strike, battlefield, quake, team fortress and halo are basically the same game.

I've never found a FPS game where my tactics don't work. It sure feels like they are all pretty much the same to me, because one thing never changes - people suck at this sort of thing because they don't really know what they are doing.

The guy in the OP video probably has no idea why his tactics work. I do. I also know how to use his tactics against him.

Everything that guy did in the video, you can do with a bolt action rifle. It just takes more skill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0