• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

list your hardware in this thread if game runs perfect for you

Why is it not fine? You know the human eye can't tell the difference with anything over 35fps right?

The human eye doesn't work that way. Most monitors now days give off continuous light. The old Crt monitors did not, anything under 70hz was flickering for me. The feedback I get from aiming and looking around with my mouse is different below 60 fps.

Upvote 0
I get 45-60fps with everything set to ultra at 1920x1200 and anti-aliasing (don't really see the point in anti-aliasing on a high resolution display), bloom, motion blur, ambient occlusion, framerate smoothing and one frame thread lag turned off. This is on a i7-2600k (stock speed) with 16GB DDR1333 and a Radeon HD6950 (also stock speed). On a full 32 player server, the fps doesn't drop below 55. (Does latency play a role ? The 64 player server had a ping of 119ms, the 32 had a 45ms ping) I'm not a good enough player to notice or be bothered by <60 fps; anything above 30 is good enough for me.

Upvote 0
The human eye doesn't work that way. Most monitors now days give off continuous light. The old Crt monitors did not, anything under 70hz was flickering for me. The feedback I get from aiming and looking around with my mouse is different below 60 fps.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I didn't mean the flicker of the monitor, I mean the flicker/tearing your eyes pick up between frames. If the frame rate is low, your eye notices the stuttering. But if the fps is around 60, your eye no longer notices the break between each frame, it starts seeing grey between the frames, which tricks your brain into believing that the motion is truly seamless.

Upvote 0
To those that are suffering from bad FPS and lag, I also recommend you turn off vsync in all of your FPS games. This really kills your input, and drops FPS down by about 10-20 fps. Also turn off any frame smoothing options. Any mouse smoothing options. Anything that has the word "Smooth" in it. I never found these to do anything good to my FPS experience. I prefer to drop the quality settings to get a smooth 60fps, and play only on server with ping 100-150 and below.

Upvote 0
I get a solid 30fps with little to no deviation except for the occassional dip into the mid 20s. This probably doesn't sound ideal for a hardcore gamer, but it feels very smooth and I don't really have a problem killing anything unless someone is stabbing me in the face.

Playing at 1920x1080 with all graphics settings maxed out/turned on (including vsync) except for hardware physics.

Hardware:

AMD T1100
HD6870
16GB RAM
990FX chipset

Software:

Windows 7 x64
McAfee Total Protection (Virus Scan & Firewall only)
Steam In-Game Community enabled
Aida64
Hamachi

I get a solid 60fps with everything set to Medium.

Upvote 0
i run on medium to high settings and i get very smooth gameplay. And guess what? Im using a Mac Mini:)

Specs
Intel i7-2620M 2.7ghz (dual core)
AMD Radeon HD 6630m 256mb DDR5
8gigs DDR3 1333mhz memory
Boot camp Windows 7 64bit

I am running my mac mini on my tv as i use it for my entertainment system. And because I'm on the tv the resolution i play at is 1366x768.1920x1080 would be to gnarly as i am 8 feet away from my tv:)

Upvote 0
460 GTX 1GB overclocked edition
Quad Core
4 GB Ram (G Skill)
Windows 7 64 bit
1680x1050 resolution

I don't go below 50 FPS at all, I would say most the time its 50-80 FPS for multiplayer.

Ill have to check my settings but I think everything is on High (ill check and come back).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How is it that I have an i5 650 @ 3.2 GHz, HD 5770 1gb and 8gb RAM and manage only 40-55 with settings in 1920x1080 on mostly med-high, shadows low, AA off, bloom off?

no idea :( if i had to guess I'd say that the game isn't fully taking advantage of your cpu/gpu.

is there a program i can download that shows my cpu/gpu usage in game?

Upvote 0
i7 920 @ 3.36ghz
GTX460 (mildly oc'ed)
6gb RAM
Win7 Enterprise x64

Running at 1920x1080, all settings to high, bloom off, and with Vsync enabled (otherwise I was getting some tearing). Frames consistently between 30 and 55 fps. I realize that for some that may be considered unacceptably low, but I am happy as long as I have at least 30fps and no stutters, which is where the game is at now for me.

Game is on a WD Caviar Black 7200rpm 500gb HDD.

Only problems I've seen have both been seemingly resolved, and were sever framerate drops during artillery strikes and some hitching / stuttering which the last patch seems to have taken care of.

Upvote 0