• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There as to be a FAIR way!

Yep, the game doesn't even tell you that someone swiped your kit, nor does the thief ever bother being considerate enough to tell you.

I find it hard to believe that's an intended feature, it must surely be a bug. To have your weapon magically change in your hands to a different one, in the middle of a fight, no developer could possibly entertain that as a viable component in any FPS that wasn't beyond arcade lunacy.:confused:

Upvote 0
Why do the same people get the best spots every single time?

So you are saying best spots is German with a Mkb?

I usually one of the first to load and I always go soviet because I know kids will cry because they are not on the "cool" German team. I also usually wait for everyone to choose a class before I choose mine because I can do any class effectively so I don't really give a hoot.

Oh look a white knight that doesn't take it's commission well sorry if I don't give a hoot, you are probably the kind of guy I would kick out of marksmen because of incompetence.

Upvote 0
I agree that can be frustrating. I used to be in that situation with my computer, being an old machine. I'd end up coming in and having to choose the bolt option as all others were taken. But I took it, and when I saw someone leave, I'd quickly check the player screen and sometimes "upgrade."

Now I have a much faster computer. Sometimes I pick classes with automatic weapons, etc., but a lot of times I'll still pick the bolt. So, don't get discouraged - there are a lot of us who'll pass by on the "sexier" weapons to take a plain old bolt-action.

Upvote 0
I have a lowly Intel Core 2 (E8500) and only 8GB of RAM and I find I'm always among the first 2 or 3 people to be completely loaded into the game.

Unless you have dial-up internet I can't see how you're loading in after the entire German team is already filled up. You're talking about right after a map change right?

Yes, I am. I've got an i5 and 8gb RAM, Win7 64b. I have standard 256 KB/s dsl.

I don't want to get derailed by the actual technical reason why some people's connection or machine gives them first choice. Whatever the mechanics though, it's fairly clear that first choice of team and class is not dependent on something server side, or via game design. It is solely based on some unknown advantage(s) held by some players due to the type of system and/or connection they own. The game should determine this, or provide an equal opportunity for everybody.

I think Luckless suggested a perfect solution.

Upvote 0
I find it hard to believe that's an intended feature, it must surely be a bug. To have your weapon magically change in your hands to a different one, in the middle of a fight, no developer could possibly entertain that as a viable component in any FPS that wasn't beyond arcade lunacy.:confused:

It does the after you die, not in the middle of gameplay. Still could be changed up a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh look a white knight that doesn't take it's commission well sorry if I don't give a hoot, you are probably the kind of guy I would kick out of marksmen because of incompetence.

How many times have you seen a whole squad pinned down by a marksman in this game?

That's how useful the class is in this game.

Sorry if I came out like an *** but I agree there could be a delay before people can choose.

I see people who were on the server reconnecting after a new map has loaded a full three minutes after the count-in has finished. I don't see why everyone else should have to sit and wait for these laggards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am 100% with op on this one. This is the only game that connects me to the new match last. It cannot be my computer and it cannot be because guys dont have SSD. I highly doubt 9k (at some point) players all have SSD. There really needs to be a timer window to make sure everyone connects at the same time to make it fair and pick their classes. I thought the game connects some people last to simulate reinforcements but when I log in last and I see a respawn timer and I am the only one set to spawn it has to be the game.

Optimization and/or...well just proper codework can fix this. We can only hope. I will be stressing this untill I leave RO2. It's just something that truly bothers me about this game at the moment.

Upvote 0
How many times have you seen a whole squad pinned down by a marksman in this game?

That's how useful the class is in this game.

I see people who were on the server reconnecting after a new map has loaded a full three minutes after the count-in has finished. I don't see why everyone else should have to sit and wait for these laggards.

Laggards? Maybe some, but people in my situation have machines that far exceed the game's requirements and don't lag in game, only for some reason take a bit longer than some others to load the game and get to the selection screen ... I'm suggesting a REASONABLE time, like 15-20 seconds, not minutes.

Upvote 0
how does the promotinon thing work anyway i usually get one every few rounds but it just states "u got battlefield comission click ok to get higher tier role" or smthing like that but when i hit ok nothing happens... tried to go to class selection and picking sl from rifle and nothing happened spawned with my rifle like normal :/

Upvote 0
I thought that before the game was released the honor system would function like in America's Army. In America's Army those with the highest honor levels would get first picks of character selection and those with lower honor got the last picks. I think that system would make honor pretty freakin' useful. I usually get one of the first picks and am typically bolt, but it would be nice to reward those that have put in more time to secure a slot that they prefer to play with, as opposed to rewarding those who have paid the most for their computers.

Upvote 0
I feel for you dude
i hate what i call PING KILLS
were you see someone fire first know you hit him
he fires and you die
then see he has a much lower ping
but that life on the internet
it still better then playing solo

Wanna know what I find funny? That happens to me a lot, and 9 times out of 10, my ping is HALF the other guy's! I've attributed that to poor hit recognitionn.

Upvote 0
how does the promotinon thing work anyway i usually get one every few rounds but it just states "u got battlefield comission click ok to get higher tier role" or smthing like that but when i hit ok nothing happens... tried to go to class selection and picking sl from rifle and nothing happened spawned with my rifle like normal :/

You get it after the first guy holding the slot you want dies.

Upvote 0